Thinking of buying it
- 250 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Thinking of buying it
Who are we to say if this company is small or not? Heir started off not that long ago as well and I think these guys need to be given a chance to prove themselves. I'm not sure what drivers are being used but regardless, the sound is great and well worth its price IMO. The same speculation was going around on Hisounds players and its all moot. What matters to me is the end result. You can have the highest quality parts and a crappy implementation and you'll get crap for sound. Keep in mind you are not only paying for parts but also the cost of development and labor. With this level of product offerings I don't see this company going anywhere soon but up :). For what it's worth, I sold my W3000ANVs to fund these IEMs, I think that is saying a lot...
Firstly thank you all for the interest and discussion of our products. I just wanted to quickly clarify all the questions and concerns that have popped up on the thread.
Regarding Tralucent Audio T1 Portable Amplifier:
- The official specifications on battery life are as follows:
- 5 hours charge time
- 80 hours playback time (at moderate volume)
- Yes we have stock of this amp ready to ship worldwide. Please contact us directly.
Regarding Tralucent Audio Hybrid 1plus2 Custom IEMs:
- The IEMs are fully custom made, individually hand crafted to order. They come in your choice of custom colour combinations and custom face face plates as per Lee730's original post.
- Since they are custom made, you can opt to send us your audiologist impressions for a fully custom fit, or choose to have them made as universals fit tips as per Lee730's units. The prices are the same for either option.
- Due to the different tuning and requirement of adding sound tubes to a custom fit option, we believe they sound the best as a universal fit and the creator of the IEMs has tuned the units for optimum sound quality as universal fit IEMs.
- Yes the Hybrid 1plus2's use a TWFK
- Please contact us directly for prices and options
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information until our website is operational around the end August. Again thank you for your interest in our products.
Thanks for the clarification Lillee. I think I'm gonna stick with my unit then. I would not want the sound quality to decrease with a custom fit.... Plus I am extremely satisfied with the sound as is :).
Also could you elaborate on the exact cost for both the Portable Amp and the Custom IEMs? Will there be an introductory price range and a full retail?
Yes here are some details to answer your questions.
Firstly regarding custom fit versus universal fit issue. The picture below shows the customs with the TWFK located right at the tip of the IEM. This is our unique design that allows tuning without the hassle of sound tubing which will be required in the custom fit version to some degree. Behind the TWFK series is the large dynamic driver.
This next picture illustrates the large cavity used for tuning of the dynamic driver. The entire blue section that you see in this picture is hollowed out and specially tuned for bass response. The cavity is vented at the back of the units at the very bottom of the custom face plates, but sound isolation is still maintained as the dynamic driver is placed right at the base of the tips and blocks all but the loudest of noises from travelling through to the earpiece.
Thanks again for the interest. Please contact us directly for more information.
Ok guys just wanted to add this below regarding the price ranges.
"The introductory price is $880 with SPC cable, $980 6N OCC silver cable and $1080 with a 6N OCC silver/gold cable. Face-plates of Carbon Fibre, Wood and Aluminium are included in the price
I think the point is you are paying for a premium product. As you go up the chain prices also go up. There is obviously something about those dynamic drivers they are using and I wouldn't be surprised if that has added to the cost. I do understand your reasoning though. But comparing them to the AKGs they are around $500 cheaper .