Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 163

post #2431 of 5631
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Congradulations wink.gif. I look forward to your impressions. The SE5s are still on my to get list smily_headphones1.gif.

No problem I will compare se5,jh13,1+2 and probably nt6 on ak120, studio v and my desktop system.

I got a feeling, from how you like the sound and the volume you listen,you will love how se5 and studio v pairs! So detailed that I don't even know if I can handle it with high volume. It's a bit too extended lol. But my se5 was the rev.1 one that has shorter canal tips, so it was more spacious and transparent than my se5 rev.2. so the new version of se5 (more linear treble with more upper mids) and studio v might just provide you the sweet spot! And u dont need to worry abt hiss from it at all.Lol. Ak120 is definitely on the more musical, lush side.

In terms of brightness. Studio v > dx100 >ak120,901
Edited by tupac0306 - 5/22/13 at 4:22pm
post #2432 of 5631

This cable thing is very interesting to read..ok Here is my confession on cables:

 

Cables that I could not tell apart;

HD800 stock and Cardas cable. They sound exactly the same no matter what track I used.

LCD-3 stock and Q cables - Sound the same to my ears. (some claim huge differences)

LCD-2 stock and Q cables - Sound the same..

ALO mini to mini cable $100++ vs $9 Amazon generic cable (I test till I tears and I could not find a way to tell them apart, oh boy, what have I spent..

ALO silver Ipod cable ($250++) to mini vs $9 amazon generic cable - No differences at all no matter what amp I use.

Starlight USB cable and generic stock - No differences at all despite using a $2500 DAC and $2400 amp. - I almost want to go to an ear doctor and have myself examine, everyone here at headfi were talking differences like day and night, ugly and pretty and tall and short kind of obvious differences.. while I see twins.

TG334 stock vs ALO silver - I could not hear much diff as the TG334 is very veil and I thought using a silver cable could make a differences, but I learn that it did not help. It was an expensive journey. There was very little people mentioning that the TG334 was veil at that time.

Venom power cable - I almost use that cable to hang myself but decided to give it a 2nd chance. I finally hear the diff after I got rid of my M1 Amp in favor of Zana duex, and then I foolishly bought another one to celebrate.

 

Cables that I could hear a diff:

SM64 stock and some generic cable I test at Jaben - Finally, I looked up in the sky and thanks the heavenly celestial beings that I could finally hear a differences.

Tralucent 1P2 - Ok there is some differences here, phew ... but I still do it because that Gold/silver is super microphonic and not very flexible. TWAG 3 is easier to coil in my pocket and less mircophonic + no cell phone interferences and looks really good with that wooden coin at the spilt.

HD650 stock and Q cables - A little more treble on the Q cable that's it. Again the differences is very small, I won't notice if I am not paying attention.

 

There are times like this: On Monday, I can tell them apart but on Tuesday, I wonder where is the differences is hahahha.. and then face palm "oh boy what did I buy again", then wedneday, Aha, I hear a differences and thanks the celestial beings.

 

So the only 2 cables that I could hear a good differences is 1P2 and Sm64. Besides my experience is pretty limited on cables. In either case, I think I spend a lot on cables already and out of so many at least 2 make a differences. Do note that to hear a differences, I need to to be in a very quiet environment, mind very focus & calm, then play a few tracks and quickly switch cable as the ability to tell the differences is time based as well, if I talk to someone and then switch, I will most definitely fail. So cable is really a hit and miss thing for me and spending thousands on cables (which I already did) I am still learning to tell differences in cables. So I envy people who could tell a differences right away so easily and even more so for people who can tell a diff between a burnt in cable and non-burnt in cable (salute).

 

At head fi this is actulaly nothing, there are some who can hear a diff between and ALAC format and Flac format but above all there is one who can tell a diff between converting format back and forth differences.. WOW THATS IS REALLY AMAZING!! (full 21 gun salute with cannons pounding at the back)

 

OK Anak - I am prepare to have my post deleted.. biggrin.gif


Edited by Audiowood - 5/22/13 at 5:17pm
post #2433 of 5631
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


The 1Plus2 are more airy and have a wider soundstage. They also have more midbass punch. The overall sound is very slightly brighter, sharper, crisper (sorry for the imprecise terms).The 1Plus2 is overall faster, whith shorter note attack and decay.

 

The SE5 have a smoother, more organic sound, but not like the Heir sound of the 5.0 because it manages to be ultra detailed and still sound natural. It is a very strange feeling to me. It does not feel like the SE5 is pushing details forwards, but more it is granting you super hearing :) They have a more intimate presentation compared to the 1Plus2 (which could be because of the cables, but let's not get into that again). The SE5 has a lower bass rumble that I have never heard in any iem, just gives me the chills. The SE5 highs are overall smoother, but still very detailed. I would say both are equally transparent in the mids, but SE5 mids are more liquid.

 

Both iem are quite source dependant and scale up very well.

 

EDIT: Another major difference is form. SE5 are quite isolating and hard to put in and remove. 1Plus2 are not very isolating and easy to put in remove (once you have the right tips).


Good to hear! Sounds like a sound signature that I would like. :)

post #2434 of 5631
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

This cable thing is very interesting to read..ok Here is my confession on cables:

 

Cables that I could not tell apart;

HD800 stock and Cardas cable. They sound exactly the same no matter what track I used.

LCD-3 stock and Q cables - Sound the same to my ears. (some claim huge differences)

LCD-2 stock and Q cables - Sound the same..

ALO mini to mini cable $100++ vs $9 Amazon generic cable (I test till I tears and I could not find a way to tell them apart, oh boy, what have I spent..

ALO silver Ipod cable ($250++) to mini vs $9 amazon generic cable - No differences at all no matter what amp I use.

Starlight USB cable and generic stock - No differences at all despite using a $2500 DAC and $2400 amp. - I almost want to go to an ear doctor and have myself examine, everyone here at headfi were talking differences like day and night, ugly and pretty and tall and short kind of obvious differences.. while I see twins.

TG334 stock vs ALO silver - I could not hear much diff as the TG334 is very veil and I thought using a silver cable could make a differences, but I learn that it did not help. It was an expensive journey. There was very little people mentioning that the TG334 was veil at that time.

Venom power cable - I almost use that cable to hang myself but decided to give it a 2nd chance. I finally hear the diff after I got rid of my M1 Amp in favor of Zana duex, and then I foolishly bought another one to celebrate.

 

Cables that I could hear a diff:

SM64 stock and some generic cable I test at Jaben - Finally, I looked up in the sky and thanks the heavenly celestial beings that I could finally hear a differences.

Tralucent 1P2 - Ok there is some differences here, phew ... but I still do it because that Gold/silver is super microphonic and not very flexible. TWAG 3 is easier to coil in my pocket and less mircophonic + no cell phone interferences and looks really good with that wooden coin at the spilt.

HD650 stock and Q cables - A little more treble on the Q cable that's it. Again the differences is very small, I won't notice if I am not paying attention.

 

There are times like this: On Monday, I can tell them apart but on Tuesday, I wonder where is the differences is hahahha.. and then face palm "oh boy what did I buy again", then wedneday, Aha, I hear a differences and thanks the celestial beings.

 

So the only 2 cables that I could hear a good differences is 1P2 and Sm64. Besides my experience is pretty limited on cables. In either case, I think I spend a lot on cables already and out of so many at least 2 make a differences. Do note that to hear a differences, I need to to be in a very quiet environment, mind very focus & calm, then play a few tracks and quickly switch cable as the ability to tell the differences is time based as well, if I talk to someone and then switch, I will most definitely fail. So cable is really a hit and miss thing for me and spending thousands on cables (which I already did) I am still learning to tell differences in cables. So I envy people who could tell a differences right away so easily and even more so for people who can tell a diff between a burnt in cable and non-burnt in cable (salute).

 

At head fi this is actulaly nothing, there are some who can hear a diff between and ALAC format and Flac format but above all there is one who can tell a diff between converting format back and forth differences.. WOW THATS IS REALLY AMAZING!! (full 21 gun salute with cannons pounding at the back)

 

OK Anak - I am prepare to have my post deleted.. biggrin.gif

 

I use WAV on my Studio because it does sound better than Flac lol. I don't understand it either but the sound is smoother and more open for some strange reason. I use cPlay as my player on the PC as it creates a temporary file in wav and play from that file storing it in ram cache opposed to doing conversions on the fly. It sounds better to me although its a PITA to use the program....


Edited by lee730 - 5/23/13 at 3:22pm
post #2435 of 5631
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post


No problem I will compare se5,jh13,1+2 and probably nt6 on ak120, studio v and my desktop system.

I got a feeling, from how you like the sound and the volume you listen,you will love how se5 and studio v pairs! So detailed that I don't even know if I can handle it with high volume. It's a bit too extended lol. But my se5 was the rev.1 one that has shorter canal tips, so it was more spacious and transparent than my se5 rev.2. so the new version of se5 (more linear treble with more upper mids) and studio v might just provide you the sweet spot! And u don't need to worry abt hiss from it at all.Lol. Ak120 is definitely on the more musical, lush side.

In terms of brightness. Studio v > dx100 >ak120,901


Yea tupac I'm not into listening at very high volumes. I'll do it once in a while but generally its a no go. I like getting all the detail and enjoyment factor (where I feel satiated) at lower volumes or at least reasonable volumes ;).... I thought you said the SE5 hissed still with the 2nd Studio? The 3rd ANV is smoother overall and not as aggressive in its treble. But with more refinement to the sound. Bass is also more open and not as compressed. Hiss reduction was the biggest plus for me with a 70-75% reduction from the second generation model. On the Flat 4 Suis its pretty close to being black. You won't hear anything with any sort of music going be it low or high volumes.

post #2436 of 5631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

This cable thing is very interesting to read..ok Here is my confession on cables:
[Snip!]
Tralucent 1P2 - Ok there is some differences here, phew ... but I still do it because that Gold/silver is super microphonic and not very flexible. TWAG 3 is easier to coil in my pocket and less mircophonic + no cell phone interferences and looks really good with that wooden coin at the spilt.
HD650 stock and Q cables - A little more treble on the Q cable that's it. Again the differences is very small, I won't notice if I am not paying attention.

There are times like this: On Monday, I can tell them apart but on Tuesday, I wonder where is the differences is hahahha.. and then face palm "oh boy what did I buy again", then wedneday, Aha, I hear a differences and thanks the celestial beings.
[Snip!]
OK Anak - I am prepare to have my post deleted.. biggrin.gif
I reckon your post is awesome cos its practical, not philosophical! Thx for sharing! Anyway the burn-in topic changed to "reviewers are responsible for audiences' purchases" (which again I have my own opinion but that's for a different thread, not here).

I had a long lengthy response types up but it was going way off topic.

For me it was the Tralucent silver cables that opened my eyes on cable burn in. And that took a really long time too for burn-in! Before that I felt cable burn-in was just a psychological thing of just ears/brain getting accustomed to the cable.

This is just my experience. And it wasn't consistent with other cables I had experienced in the past. Even the new uber cable I have, hasn't changed much from new. But that Tralucent Silver cable did after about 150-250 hrs to my ears.
post #2437 of 5631

Anak, really curious because from my high end experience cable burn is fairly subjective issue which boils down to your ears adapting and your gear getting some additional burn in too... cables themselves are not long burn required, at least none of my Atlas, Chord, Van den Hul or Kimber cables had that, what i note however sometimes good cabling brings in additional burn in... but not more than that. i do not know IF goldsilver cable from Tralucent had enough hours on it but it sounded great straight from the box :-D

 

however i agree, some burn element in equipment can bring this feel of cable burn in :))))))

post #2438 of 5631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Anak, really curious because from my high end experience cable burn is fairly subjective issue which boils down to your ears adapting and your gear getting some additional burn in too... cables themselves are not long burn required, at least none of my Atlas, Chord, Van den Hul or Kimber cables had that, what i note however sometimes good cabling brings in additional burn in... but not more than that. i do not know IF goldsilver cable from Tralucent had enough hours on it but it sounded great straight from the box :-D

however i agree, some burn element in equipment can bring this feel of cable burn in smily_headphones1.gif)))))
Its kinda easier when you have access to more than 1xunit of the same product & test all at the start to ensure they all sound the same. Then burn only one in continuously for a couple of days then test again with all the other cold units.

I'm extremely thankful I have access to some makers/distributors/retailers who are willing to give me that opportunity. In fact for a distributor, I've inadvertently become their unofficial (& unpaid) tester of new products prior them taking those products to present to retailers or at show events.
post #2439 of 5631
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post


In a perfect world, yes (bolded text). However, the fact is that many people base their purchasing decisions on what they read on these forums. When someone like AnakChan, a reasonably well-regarded HF'er, makes certain comments, people take note and several (perhaps many) are influenced. AnakChan, like Tyll, Jude, Currawomg, purrin, LFF, Skylab, Joker, etc., can still be wrong at times, very wrong even (I know this may seem pretty obvious, but it doesn't often seem that way from the way soooo many people tend react / respond to each pronouncement made by most of these people — just look at all those people who time and time again keep mentioning / quoting Joker to validate 'their own' impressions. Of course people like Tyll & purrin are assets to the community, there's absolutely no question about it).

Then, of course, you get plenty of people—far too many perhaps—with high-post counts (with the Headphoneus Supremus moniker) with little (or zero) credibility among those have been around long enough to know better, but who still have an influence on others because of said high post-counts, which normally comes with the obligatory use of fancy audio terms they've picked up here and there that so impresses so many people—and, unfortunately, not always just new, unsuspecting members—not unlike what we find in the cosmetics industry.

With regards to "…unless you know that other very well and have agreed with their assessments in the past…", the truth is that there's also something called group mentality, peer pressure and other psychological factors (not worth going into here) which are very real. It's very interesting to see how when people seem to get on, they suddenly happen to share the same views on gear and hardly ever disagree, and if/when they do, they disagree about fairly insignificant matters. There's more, but I'll leave it at that.

Yes, one could argue that it's the buyer's fault, at the end of the day, for not researching the product(s) in question properly — this is true to some extent, but it's not quite as simple as that. When counter arguments are not allowed, and perhaps automatically sent to the science forum, for instance, what we often get is a (heavily) biased / one-sided view of things, often by people who have become good pals and who keep agreeing on virtually everything.
 


Knowing you, I know that's probably true, which is a very good thing, but when you say "Could I be wrong? Maybe..", perhaps—and I don't mean this disrespectfully—you don't realise just how wrong you could actually be. I already said it's practically impossible to do a proper blind test, a comment you seemed to practically dismiss. Fine, but the fact remains that such a test conducted properly is harder than you think, ie to really be able to control the different variables at play.

 


I do, too, but just look at all those people who have purchased—and still do—very expensive aftermarket cables for their W4, SE535, etc. or for some entry-level customs. The fact remains that all this cable talk—from the believers, that is—keeps having an influence.

I already said I haven't tried the 1p2 nor the cables being discussed here, and that my limited experience with cables makes me very sceptical, though not an anti-cables fanatic.

This is my last post on the subject as I wouldn't like this thread to descend into...
 

Of course it's the buyers fault. Group think is same a FOTM, sucks and if you fall into it, don't blame the group. We have far more giant killer posts here than expensive cable ones. I think group think on cables is a non issue as I don't see that consensus of universal must have cable of the day.

 

My opinion is not wrong for me but to be taken as opinion by another. No different than yours about others being very wrong about something and I know how wrong I could be. Not very but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be quite wrong for another. Why I said to know who your take you recommendations from. It can be spun any way you like but without access, what do expect consumers to do. Not participate? It's imperfect but good advice is exactly that and untempered opinions like yours and mine is what gives balance.

 

 I've taken flyers for fun but only on things under $200 out of curiosity. They were good but not for me because I preferred my other universal at the time. I knew that I probably wouldn't keep them but wanted the perspective. (gr07, B2, Phonak, HF5 etc.)

 I heard a pair of W4 the other day with a twag v2 on it. It was VG. Not what I'd do but if somebody actually prefers the w4 to your AKG or my JHA, go for it. Like you, I personally believe that some of these $1k devices are better solutions than adding a cable that costs similarly to the IEM but that's us and I wont impose my values on another. I can have an opinion without judgement...at least usually, LOL. I am human after all.


Edited by goodvibes - 5/23/13 at 7:29am
post #2440 of 5631
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

Time to join the club now;) Will get both of my 1+2 and JH13 FP in a week timebiggrin.gif.

Really looking forward hearing your comparaison between those 2 top performers since they are also on my list .... 

post #2441 of 5631

I preferred the jh13 but that doesn't mean that Tupac or you will. 1+2 is very good.

post #2442 of 5631
i will prefer whatever that bring me closest to the music wink.gif
post #2443 of 5631
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

i will prefer whatever that bring me closest to the music wink.gif

darthsmile.gif That's great!  Waiting for your impressions.tongue_smile.gif

post #2444 of 5631
Lazy question, I haven't read the 163 posts.

Are these no longer available?
post #2445 of 5631
Lazy question, I haven't read the 163 posts.

Are these no longer available?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread