Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 99

post #1471 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Well AnakChan now you now how I felt regarding the EX1000 with daggers poking your ears. Some others though it was comical that I even made that comment. Just goes to show they've never had such pain from an IEM like that before (ignorance is bliss wink.gif. I liken that pain to an audiologist sticking that ear probe too deep into your ear canal. Same pain :P.
Admittedly I never owned an EX1000 but have tried it quite a few times. But -my- 1Plus2 is different from the Ex1000. The EX1000 has the odd spike which is very reminiscent of the XBA-40 series too. But my 1Plus2 isn't so much of a spike but consistent stab.

I wanna meet up with V0 again to do a more proper test but I -think- my cable was slightly stiffer than his (yes I know gold is more malleable, but I'm also thinking thickness). But I think I may have an odd cable with more pure silver content than the standard 1Plus2. So whilst harsh for the ears, makes my 1Plus2 worth more than others out there ;-). I'll be damned selling these now!! May finally have that wedding band my wife always wanted me to wear.
post #1472 of 5600
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


Admittedly I never owned an EX1000 but have tried it quite a few times. But -my- 1Plus2 is different from the Ex1000. The EX1000 has the odd spike which is very reminiscent of the XBA-40 series too. But my 1Plus2 isn't so much of a spike but consistent stab.

I wanna meet up with V0 again to do a more proper test but I -think- my cable was slightly stiffer than his (yes I know gold is more malleable, but I'm also thinking thickness). But I think I may have an odd cable with more pure silver content than the standard 1Plus2. So whilst harsh for the ears, makes my 1Plus2 worth more than others out there ;-). I'll be damned selling these now!! May finally have that wedding band my wife always wanted me to wear.

 

That constant stab you are referring to is exactly what I got on the EX1000. Just you may not have picked up on it on the EX1000 like I did. But for me it was a constant pain on the EX1000. While the MDR-7550 just goes to the brink but comes back down before it becomes painful, so a non-issue :)


Oh so you are using your own cable and not the one provided by Tralucent? Does using the stock cable change anything? I do feel the gold cable is quite stiff in comparison to my older silver cable. It's much more malleable and in that portable. The gold cable is quite cumbersome due to the stiffness. But that was done that way on purpose for durability purposes. But Tralucent is gonna revert back to the older style cables like my current silver cable. I feel it is still very durable regardless and there should be no issues with longevity on them as long as one is reasonable when handling them.


Edited by lee730 - 1/28/13 at 3:12am
post #1473 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

That Constant stab you are referring to is exactly what I got on the EX1000. Just you may have picked up on it on the EX1000 like I did. But for me it was a constant thing on the  EX1000. While the MDR-7550 just goes to the brink but comes back down before it becomes painful, so a non-issue smily_headphones1.gif


Oh so you are using your own cable and not the one provided by Tralucent? I do feel the gold cable is quite stiff in comparison to my older silver cable. It's much more malleable and in that portable. The gold cable is quite cumbersome due to the stiffness. But that was done that way on purpose for durability purposes. But Tralucent is gonna revert back to the older style cables like my current silver cable. I feel it is still very durable regardless and there should be no issues with longevity on them as long as one is reasonable when handling them.
No no no...my silver cable is by Tralucent. Maybe an unexpected extra special, who knows. I did kinda feel stiffer than V0's gold/silver but I don't know if it really was (got it was literally just minutes of handling!!), or his is older & mine is newer, or...since all this stuff is hand made, mine may be extra thick with more silver. That was what I was jokingly speculating.
post #1474 of 5600
Thread Starter 

Oh I got it ;). So possibly more value due to more silver content lol :P. I think they are all 7 OCC Pure silver cable so of high quality. Did you get to demo his pair? How did it sound to your ears with the gold cable? Did it solve your qualms in regards to the silver cable? What I really like about the gold cable is the extra emphasis it adds to the mids. Makes them even more personal. Adds more bass quantity and smooths out the treble and gives it this very nice texture. Makes it silky-fine :). Sorta like on the IE80.
 


Edited by lee730 - 1/28/13 at 3:19am
post #1475 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Oh I got it wink.gif. So possibly more value due to more silver content lol :P. I think they are all 7 OCC Pure silver cable so of high quality. Did you get to demo his pair? How did it sound to your ears with the gold cable? Did it solve your qualms in regards to the silver cable?

 
Yeah, sorry my odd sense of humor's been watching too much British comedies.

His gold sounded better for the brief moment I heard it. Would have loved to have spent more time with it. Remember when I kept going back to e-earphone to listen before picking up mine? Those I demo-ed there were gold/silver.
post #1476 of 5600
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


Yeah, sorry my odd sense of humor's been watching too much British comedies.

His gold sounded better for the brief moment I heard it. Would have loved to have spent more time with it. Remember when I kept going back to e-earphone to listen before picking up mine? Those I demo-ed there were gold/silver.


I'm still on the fence about keeping mine... I may just decide to buy another silver cable from Tralucent for my Heir 8As and keep the gold for mood-swings ;). I really don't think the gold cable is gonna jive with the Heir 8A. It was a nightmare on the older 1Plus2 which is a bass-heavy IEM and I don't think it will suite the 8A which is also a bass-heavy IEM. Guess we'll see....


Edited by lee730 - 1/28/13 at 3:22am
post #1477 of 5600
What kind of characteristics or influence does gold have on a signal Lee? Compared to copper or silver.
post #1478 of 5600
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

What kind of characteristics or influence does gold have on a signal Lee? Compared to copper or silver.


Well Gold seems to smooth things out while still keeping the detail mostly intact. For me it seems to add more emphasis to the mid-range, more bass quantity. Maybe even more treble quantity but it's smoother treble. The sound stage is also slightly smaller. Not as airy as with the silver cable. It's overall a more intimate sound, more musical/euphoric. Very nice depending on your needs and preferences. The silver cable has more transparency but the gold isn't too far either, just it's a noticeable difference regardless...


Edited by lee730 - 1/28/13 at 3:36am
post #1479 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Well Gold seems to smooth things out while still keeping the detail mostly intact. For me it seems to add more emphasis to the mid-range, more bass quantity. Maybe even more treble quantity but it's smoother treble. The sound stage is also slightly smaller. Not as airy as with the silver cable. It's overall a more intimate sound. Very nice depending on your needs and preferences. The silver cable has more transparency but the gold isn't too far either, just it's a noticeable difference regardless...

Yes, silver is certainly airy, I find it to bright and fatiguing for my gear without some copper (silver plated) Would you say gold is brighter than copper?

Cables using gold are not as easily found on eBay. tongue.gif
post #1480 of 5600
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Yes, silver is certainly airy, I find it to bright and fatiguing for my gear without some copper (silver plated) Would you say gold is brighter than copper?

Cables using gold are not as easily found on eBay. tongue.gif


It's really hard to say the gold is brighter than copper. I'd say more detailed for sure. Possibly slightly brighter but its such a smooth nature I have a hard time describing it as bright lol. Just how the treble is presented is in a very inoffensive and pleasing manner. As I said it kinda reminded me of those qualities I loved in the IE80s treble, just noticeably better and more detailed overall.... I'd say copper has a thicker sound overall to it.

 

I agree with you on the silver cable becoming overbearing with certain gear lol. Actually for me it is with a lot of gear :P. Even in something as simple as a LOD will offset the balance in my gear and tilt it too much towards treble emphasis and vocals get a bit thinned out and distant. Bass also gets leaner. It will become fatiguing very fast and just doesn't sound right. But by simply replacing that LOD with a copper one solves the problem (mids are thicker and more personal, bass has more quantity, treble is smoother and not so fatiguing :).


Edited by lee730 - 1/28/13 at 3:46am
post #1481 of 5600

Dont know about these IEMs but listening to alot of cables of a friend of mine who is a well known cable maker I agree with everything Lee said about the perceived differences between the metals. Stated very well I might say too!

post #1482 of 5600
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfis View Post

Dont know about these IEMs but listening to alot of cables of a friend of mine who is a well known cable maker I agree with everything Lee said about the perceived differences between the metals. Stated very well I might say too!


Thank you :). I just say it as I hear it. I don't intend on misleading anyone and hope to help others out if anything :).

 

In regards to your comment about the IEMs. They are amazing my friend. They are chameleons depending on the cables and sources you pair them to. It makes it quite easy as a matter of fact to hear these differences since these IEMs are so revealing....


Edited by lee730 - 1/28/13 at 3:57am
post #1483 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


It's really hard to say the gold is brighter than copper. I'd say more detailed for sure. Possibly slightly brighter but its such a smooth nature I have a hard time describing it as bright lol. Just how the treble is presented is in a very inoffensive and pleasing manner. As I said it kinda reminded me of those qualities I loved in the IE80s treble, just noticeably better and more detailed overall.... I'd say copper has a thicker sound overall to it.

I agree with you on the silver cable becoming overbearing with certain gear lol. Actually for me it is with a lot of gear :P. Even in something as simple as a LOD will offset the balance in my gear and tilt it too much towards treble emphasis and vocals get a bit thinned out and distant. Bass also gets leaner. It will become fatiguing very fast and just doesn't sound right. But by simply replacing that LOD with a copper one solves the problem (mids are thicker and more personal, bass has more quantity, treble is smoother and not so fatiguing smily_headphones1.gif.

I don't like copper alone, I find it to warm, and there is much detail hidden that silver brings out, especially background detail, air and treble So there I was stuck with copper to warm, silver cold. I met them half way with silver plated which works nicely for me. smile.gif I can see why it's popular. Silver maybe more prefered for darker sounding gear, just to lift the essence a touch. It's all a preference thing, but very interesting.

The gold I can grasp your impression, certainly.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/28/13 at 4:05am
post #1484 of 5600
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I don't like copper alone, I find it to warm, and there is much detail hidden that silver brings out, especially background detail, air and treble So there I was stuck with copper to warm, silver cold. I met them half way with silver plated which works nicely for me. smile.gif I can see why it's popular. Silver maybe more prefered for very dark sounding gear, just to lift the essence a touch. It's all a preference thing, but very interesting.

The gold I can grasp your impression, certainly.


Well H20 you also have to factor in the gear that we are using these cables with. It makes a huge difference. Since my gear is so detailed as is pairing it with the silver LOD can go overboard in that detail. I'm always after a happy-medium of balance. Strangely enough these 1Plus2s are quite neutral IMO and still sound really good with silver cable.... Usually I'm of the mindset that silver cable pairs best on bass-heavy IEMs/ or headphones. But that is not the case all the time. I'm even pairing this combo with the Studio V 3rd ANV which is a very cold and detail oriented DAP. Yet I still prefer the silver cable to the gold. It just comes down to the synergy at the end. Of course if my gear was already on the bass heavy side I'd most likely prefer using the silver LOD with it to add more detail to the sound. Thing is even on the older 1Plus2, IE80 and MDR-7550s I still preferred the copper cable paired with my T1 amp as I'd get fatigued on the silver cable. lol as a matter of fact I'm surprised I haven't sold off my silver LOD yet since in most cases it doesn't work for me. But that's not 100% of the time though so I keep it just in case.


Edited by lee730 - 1/28/13 at 4:06am
post #1485 of 5600
Yes, it's all a balancing act, I guess all the precious metals have their place within the synergy / gear. regular_smile%20.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread