Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 90

post #1336 of 5633
Let's get back to our topic guys. This is a discussion thread for Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 lol
post #1337 of 5633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

I really despise descriptions of noise levels because it's all relative and there is no reference point when you say "city traffic" or "truck traffic." 


The examples are an average in general in those scenarios. For what it's worth I find myself much more comfortable and less fatigued wearing my IEMs when commuting. It really does help kill the noise-pollution. In situation I don't I tend to get fatigued and quite tired at the end of a day driving in comparison to using an IEM that offers some form of isolation. However I still listen at around the same volume as I would in general. Actually usually a bit less to be honest so I can still be aware of my surroundings. Just its quite nice that the IEMs really help to lower down the noise-pollution as a whole :).

post #1338 of 5633
Lee listens to music at "girlie" volume levels, this has been no mystery for months now. You little pansy Lee.

Just sayin.... wink.gif
post #1339 of 5633
I think Bose headphones are the best noise canceling headphones ever,
Even thought the sound aren't comparable to other same price range headphones. biggrin.gif
Btw, I think that listening to IEM while driving is quite dangerous...
post #1340 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Lee listens to music at "girlie" volume levels, this has been no mystery for months now. You little pansy Lee.

Just sayin.... wink.gif

That is somehow offensive. LOL Lee you are straight right?
post #1341 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinghui0711 View Post

That is somehow offensive. LOL Lee you are straight right?

He knows I'm just joshing him biggrin.gif, he'd probably have some come back about having better hearing at an older age. My only other concern is the pink silicon case for FiiO X3 he was really keen on. wink.gif
post #1342 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustyBloke View Post

Gavin was meeting a customer of his yesterday to deliver his 1+2 and T1 amp personally, and they very kindly invited me to come along. I got the chance to audition the 1+2, the FitEar ToGo 334, the Sennheiser IE 800, and a universal fit version of the UE 18 Pro. It was a very informative afternoon of coffee and playing with gear that I won't be able to afford for a (long) while.

I make no excuses about my preferred sound signature: I am an Etymotic fan through and through and my 2 pairs of ER4's get more use than anything else in my humble collection. Sure, I wouldn't mind having a tad more weight in the lower frequencies or a bigger sound stage, but I stick with them because I value "transparency" over everything else. I could never really get into the W4 because it felt veiled to me, for example.

Of the high end IEMs I tried yesterday, I have to say that the 1+2 appealed to me the most. I think Tralucent might have solved the whole "how many bores should we put in the nozzle" conundrum by sticking the TWFK in the tip itself. It just sounded very clear and and articulate to me - everything from top to bottom. While the IE 800 flat out did not impress me, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the 1+2 trumps the 334 or the UE 18 Pro completely. I can appreciate why these IEMs get the glowing reviews that they do. All I can say is that for my personal listening preferences, the 1+2 is right up my alley.

As for the ensuing debate about value, I reckon the 1+2 is a more than viable competitor in its price range considering its build quality, appearance and most importantly, sound. Make of that what you will though, because they are all priced beyond my personal financial means. I am definitely not going to question the value of something solely because I can't afford it though.

Just to put things into perspective, the customer who was buying the 1+2 and T1 (I only met him yesterday and I am not sure if it is okay for me blow his internet anonymity) liked what he heard so much that he asked Gavin to sell him a second pair of 1+2s because he bought a silver cable and a gold + silver cable and he didn't want to switch cables all the time for fear of damaging the cable sockets. In a move of poor salesmanship or good after sales service, depending on how you look at it, Gavin talked him out of buying a second pair and promised to take care of it should he have any problems cable sockets. The 1+2 was clearly great value to this man.

And to this mysterious customer, please make an account and post your thoughts already! I know you are reading this thread. You have way too much nice equipment and disposable income to remain a Head Fi lurker tongue.gif

Indeed. ..Tralucent customer service is top notch. The guy is eager and courteous.
post #1343 of 5633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


He knows I'm just joshing him biggrin.gif, he'd probably have some come back about having better hearing at an older age. My only other concern is the pink silicon case for FiiO X3 he was really keen on. wink.gif


lol H20 there are older people who can hear up to 21,000 htz still. A big part of it is listening at reasonable levels, protecting ones ears with ear protection in loud environments (virtually everywhere this day and age lmao) and I'm sure genetics plays a part as well ;-)...

 

post #316 of 402
I tried the first test as I could not open the file on the other, then I searched google and found a bunch of other test and tried them all to make sure and the most I could hear was 21khz, I am 49. I must admit I was surprised at how high I could hear!
 
 

Edited by lee730 - 1/19/13 at 9:08pm
post #1344 of 5633

Just ordered a pair and will have to wait until March.

post #1345 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decreate View Post

Just ordered a pair and will have to wait until March.

It usually takes about 20 days to receive the 1+2, but you can get it around 5 days if you order it from Music Accoustic. They have it in stock I believe.
post #1346 of 5633

I ordered from Gavin and I guess its taking longer this time because of the Chinese New Year holidays.

post #1347 of 5633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decreate View Post

Just ordered a pair and will have to wait until March.


The pain ;)....

 

Still very much worth the wait lol. Congrats.

post #1348 of 5633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinghui0711 View Post


It usually takes about 20 days to receive the 1+2, but you can get it around 5 days if you order it from Music Accoustic. They have it in stock I believe.


xinghui from what I heard he is booked with sales until March so everyone has to wait in line pretty much...

post #1349 of 5633

What have we done, Lee? xD

post #1350 of 5633

I am still on the fence for another CIEM / IEM to complement my Miracle (not even received and already thinking about the next, thank you headfi). The 1 plus 2 seems very nice. I'm still hesitating with Fiteat 334 or MH335, SE5-way, Heir Audio 8a, NT6 Pro or Lear LCM-5. All so good and all so different !
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread