Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread - Page 38

post #556 of 5110

Always hear them like this, what do you mean? One day the imbalance just appeared out of nowhere when I plugged them in my ears. Strange. It's not the cables either. Maybe one of the iem pin socket inside the earpiece failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Something gotta be wrong with it then lol. Did you always hear them like this? I don't find mine to be that way at all.... One thing I did notice which was strange... Was after using them for quite a while I cannot use an impedance adapter on it or it will cause an imbalance as you had said.

post #557 of 5110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

Always hear them like this, what do you mean? One day the imbalance just appeared out of nowhere when I plugged them in my ears. Strange. It's not the cables either. Maybe one of the iem pin socket inside the earpiece failed.


Ok I was confused because when you say they aren't broken (or no imbalance) but they sound off still? I would think that would mean imbalanced :). Are they quieter than before in treble and mids? I had that issue before on my FX700 and old IE8s. I saw it as imbalance though. I think the FX700 was due to the a certain headfier removing the filters from my pair without telling me when I purchased them..... mad.gif


Edited by lee730 - 11/12/12 at 6:43pm
post #558 of 5110

Oh. I thought I said it was imbalance, not a driver failure. o_o

post #559 of 5110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

Oh. I thought I said it was imbalance, not a driver failure. o_o


Guess I'm getting them both mixed up :P. Either way you put it the driver is failing lol. :)

post #560 of 5110

Well happy to report no imbalance or 'failures' here and I have been running mine for several hundred hours now. Of course stopping to charge the T1 amp and when I was reinstalling windows 3 times...(yes 3 times but I digress!). Those drivers are pretty tough unless you are pumping huge currents through them. No one using a Schiit Lyr or something similar to power their 1P2V2s? Sorry I just had to say that but I will call them 1Plus2s instead of versioning them...

 

Will be good to hear impressions again but I assume these new pairs will be getting burnt in as well? Would actually burning in the IEM itself make a difference since it has a silver wire portion now (i.e. regarding transparency) - I assume so...?

 

Also would be nice to hear larger CAN comparisons also when people demoing get their chance since these are mostly what I am familiar with...

 

Have I mentioned how transparent and neutral the T1 amp is currently sounding after 350 hours in...

post #561 of 5110
i havent been following these alot but what is the approx price and date these second edition ones are coming out?
and what cable comes with the stock one?
post #562 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyash View Post

i havent been following these alot but what is the approx price and date these second edition ones are coming out?
and what cable comes with the stock one?

 

Probably best to email Tralucent I guess...

post #563 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk77 View Post

Probably best to email Tralucent I guess...

good idea!
ill post what they reply here
post #564 of 5110

^I think GG is probably going to get the IEMs sometime soon (maybe even within the next 2 weeks) but I am not sure about prices or whether they will immediately start selling.

 

Do you by any chance live near Girls Generation in Canada? I mean if you wanted to audition these..

post #565 of 5110
Thread Starter 

Prices have definitely gone up due to the costs of parts and labor. Now we'll just have to see if those benefits outweight the price jump. The following reviews should shed some light on that :).
 

post #566 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk77 View Post

^I think GG is probably going to get the IEMs sometime soon (maybe even within the next 2 weeks) but I am not sure about prices or whether they will immediately start selling.

Do you by any chance live near Girls Generation in Canada? I mean if you wanted to audition these..

no thank you but good suggestion
im a student in toronto and exams are around the corner
wouldnt want to get all excited about these and fail

about the 1plus2s, what are the holes on the faceplates for
ambient ports or bass ports maybe?
post #567 of 5110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyash View Post


no thank you but good suggestion
im a student in toronto and exams are around the corner
wouldnt want to get all excited about these and fail
about the 1plus2s, what are the holes on the faceplates for
ambient ports or bass ports maybe?


Bass ports.

post #568 of 5110

Thanks for reviewing. very interested

post #569 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyash View Post


no thank you but good suggestion
im a student in toronto and exams are around the corner
wouldnt want to get all excited about these and fail
about the 1plus2s, what are the holes on the faceplates for
ambient ports or bass ports maybe?

 

Well you are going to have to make a decision aren't you..what is more important. Trying to get the best out of audio or future careers! tongue_smile.gif (Yes this is a joke). Good luck btw - I would hate to do exams all over again.

post #570 of 5110
heres the email they sent back regarding price:

"The 1plus2 have been finalized and are being built as I type this email! We have made many changes to the original demo units that were sent out on tour. These changes have improved the sound of 1plus2 by a fair amount.
The first few pairs will be arriving to me next week. The 1plus2 will as standard is now sold with an OCC silver cable. The price is US$1,295."

i think i little too much over my budget as i thought they would still be $700
they are tantalizing though
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread