Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread - Page 32

post #466 of 5364

So playing tracks through good source but what about volume? Should you keep increasing volume on the amp over time? 

post #467 of 5364

I was just told to leave the volume at an uncomfortable listening level. Of course you should be resting your amp, and not have it constantly playing 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk77 View Post

So playing tracks through good source but what about volume? Should you keep increasing volume on the amp over time? 

post #468 of 5364
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

I was just told to leave the volume at an uncomfortable listening level. Of course you should be resting your amp, and not have it constantly playing 24/7.


Well I let it play in a loop.. I've had it on for over 24 hours at a time. I keep the volume at a slightly above comfortable level on the IEMs.

post #469 of 5364
Will the 1+2 sound good straight out of a iPhone or do I need an amp/quality pmp to drive them?
post #470 of 5364
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by funsound View Post

Will the 1+2 sound good straight out of a iPhone or do I need an amp/quality pmp to drive them?


It will noticeably scale better with a better source. The iPhone won't be bad but it won't push them to their full potential.

post #471 of 5364

Rather quiet on here the last few days. I'm surprised there haven't been any updates

post #472 of 5364

Mines having a few delays!

post #473 of 5364

GG you still around? I'm curious concerning whats going on at your end

post #474 of 5364

I'm waiting on the silver cable which should be in my hands tomorrow.

post #475 of 5364

Ah cool, so you enjoying the IEM's in the meantime. Has the sound grown on you?

post #476 of 5364

All I can say right now is that they're ****ing incredible with live rock (Evanescence).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Ah cool, so you enjoying the IEM's in the meantime. Has the sound grown on you?

post #477 of 5364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

All I can say right now is that they're ****ing incredible with live rock (Evanescence).


When it involves rating live music I usually listen to Jazz At The Pawn Shop, Pulse by Pink Floyd, or Is Anybody Out There also by Pink Floyd. You should try giving those 3 CD's a spin if you have them handy.

post #478 of 5364
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

All I can say right now is that they're ****ing incredible with live rock (Evanescence).


These IEMs are extremely resolving.... Listening to them through my Triad L3 is draw-dropping....... The dynamics, sound-staging is unbelievable.... I really do feel like I am wearing full size headphones.... Listening to 24/192 and 24/92 really shows you the true potential of these IEMs. It's insane..... smily_headphones1.gif

post #479 of 5364
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


When it involves rating live music I usually listen to Jazz At The Pawn Shop, Pulse by Pink Floyd, or Is Anybody Out There also by Pink Floyd. You should try giving those 3 CD's a spin if you have them handy.

 

My two live recording references that I've been using lately are Iron & Wine's 02/15/2008 Wheaton, Il concert and The Tiger Lillies "Urine Palace".

 

Iron & Wine have released numerous live recordings on playedlastnight.com (although it doesn't seem to be around anymore), the Wheaton, Il concert is rather unique in that it's Sam Beam solo with his acoustic guitar. It's very well recorded and very intimate recording.

 

The Tiger Lillies are probably an acquired taste by most. The singer trained himself as an opera singer with a castrati style voice and the rest of the band is mainly made up of accordian, double bass and drums. They look at the darker, seedier side of life so it's definitely not for everyone. The "Urine Palace" recording takes place in a few locales but they all seem to be of the smaller club variety so there's a very personal, intimate feel to it as well with a lot of audible queues from the audience.

post #480 of 5364

So I just got the silver cables in. They are not burned in yet so I'm only going to give brief comparison to the silver/gold cable I've been trying to listen to.

 

The mid bass is more tamed, and the vocals now seem more clear. The silver/gold cable creates a richer tone, and as some have stated, gives the sound realism. The silver cable is much more resolving, and since the creep is less apparent, I really am starting to like the whole 1+2 and T1 system. I still have to give it a good amount of burn in, so until then.

 

Edit: Oh yes, and the Westone stock cable is a pile of trash. Muffled, bloated, congested.


Edited by Girls Generation - 10/16/12 at 2:37pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread