Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread - Page 310

post #4636 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwalker View Post
 

 

I am not sure if I want to try the Sony Zx1 or not but the very important thing that made me pull the trigger on the Ak120 is the USB DAC function. I keep my fingers crossed.

Yeah, the DAC function might be the edge that AK has over it's competitions.

post #4637 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

 

or... the $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + 192GB internal / external storage   :D

 

 

 

24/384 DXD, 128DSD capable.
Full Touch OLED Display, 4.65inch
64G internal, 192G external.
THD:0.00005%
Can be used as a stand-alone asynchronous USB DAC.
141.5 X 70.8 X 14 mm
If you liked calyx Femto sound, this is definitely for you.
MSRP: USD999.

https://www.facebook.com/calyxaudio/posts/625061000870547

http://www.andaudio.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=118721

 

This one will be a real competitor to AK120. Does anyone know its DAC and battery life?

post #4638 of 5110

Which cable do you prefer for your 1plus2?

 

post #4639 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwalker View Post
 

Which cable do you prefer for your 1plus2?

 

 

Uber.

post #4640 of 5110
I chose uber because I never heard it before.
post #4641 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

I chose uber because I never heard it before.

 

My set up at workplace...

It helps to inspire [my work] and energize over my entire workday.  Excellent company.  Investment well justified.

 

Cheers

 

post #4642 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post
 

 

Uber.

I choose gold and sliver because i only have that.

post #4643 of 5110

Actually, I preferred the Silver/Gold and SD3 among these. May be my rig is not good enough to take advantage of the uber cable.

post #4644 of 5110

I have a mint quality uber cable for sale- putting it up just because I want the portability- otherwise its the best I've heard. PM me anyone who's interested.

post #4645 of 5110
My 1P2 + Uber + Silver/Gold cable was delivered today so this work day can't end soon enough. Haven't been this excited to go home in awhile. I ended up ordering the BTG Audio Starlight cable as well just incase these two cables aren't gonna cut it while moving about. Thanks Gavin for the quick turnaround time and excellent service all around.
post #4646 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

My 1P2 + Uber + Silver/Gold cable was delivered today so this work day can't end soon enough. Haven't been this excited to go home in awhile. I ended up ordering the BTG Audio Starlight cable as well just incase these two cables aren't gonna cut it while moving about. Thanks Gavin for the quick turnaround time and excellent service all around.

 

Tried the BTG before not even in the same league with the silver cable :) Congratz for the new 1p2. It is 1 of the best iems I have ever heard.

post #4647 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwalker View Post

Tried the BTG before not even in the same league with the silver cable smily_headphones1.gif Congratz for the new 1p2. It is 1 of the best iems I have ever heard.

Thanks midnightwalker. I assume the same regarding the BTG cable but I know he makes ergonomic cables and love his work and it's an inexpensive alternative for on the go.

As for the 1P2, listened for a little while and the difference between silver/gold and uber cable is very apparent. Silver cable is much brighter and uber tames that down but the added dimensionality is stunning. I'm immediately happy with my purchase and look forward to this weekend. On the burn station they go for now.
post #4648 of 5110

Does the 1plus2 "hiss" when connected to the ALO Rx MK3-B+ amp? Also, I'm not sure if I should order a "balanced" termination for whatever cable I'd decide to get with it (probably the gold+silver cable), especially if the 1plus2 hisses with the Rx MK3.

 

With a regular single-ended 1/8'' mini termination, I could probably add an impedance adapter (75ohm) to reduce the hiss with the Rx MK3-B+, but I don't know if it'll change the 1plus2's frequency response for the worse.

post #4649 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by refault View Post

Does the 1plus2 "hiss" when connected to the ALO Rx MK3-B+ amp? Also, I'm not sure if I should order a "balanced" termination for whatever cable I'd decide to get with it (probably the gold+silver cable), especially if the 1plus2 hisses with the Rx MK3.

With a regular single-ended 1/8'' mini termination, I could probably add an impedance adapter (75ohm) to reduce the hiss with the Rx MK3-B+, but I don't know if it'll change the 1plus2's frequency response for the worse.

The 1plus2 is not self powered and thus would not hiss! Your amp does.
Edited by flymetothemoon - 11/16/13 at 8:43am
post #4650 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by refault View Post
 

Does the 1plus2 "hiss" when connected to the ALO Rx MK3-B+ amp? Also, I'm not sure if I should order a "balanced" termination for whatever cable I'd decide to get with it (probably the gold+silver cable), especially if the 1plus2 hisses with the Rx MK3.

 

With a regular single-ended 1/8'' mini termination, I could probably add an impedance adapter (75ohm) to reduce the hiss with the Rx MK3-B+, but I don't know if it'll change the 1plus2's frequency response for the worse.

 

The MK3 produces hiss with ALL iems I tried. The hiss is much louder than the Theorem produces. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread