Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread - Page 293

post #4381 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Just to see what would happen, I used my HDP-R10 on high gain and holy crap, the mids are so much better. If there is a gain changer like a DX100 or DX50, try it on high gain!

From my experience, that normally should be the case since high power will smoothen out some treble and as a result pronounce more bass and mids. So basically the gain is too much for the IEM that it alters its frequency response.

post #4382 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Just to see what would happen, I used my HDP-R10 on high gain and holy crap, the mids are so much better. If there is a gain changer like a DX100 or DX50, try it on high gain!

 

thanks, i was just happy reading Currawong since his remarks relaxed my temptation for new gear but now you buzzed in and spoiled everything. receive hate message from my wallet... :veryevil: :tongue:

post #4383 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

From my experience, that normally should be the case since high power will smoothen out some treble and as a result pronounce more bass and mids. So basically the gain is too much for the IEM that it alters its frequency response.

thanks for restoring my trust in people :beyersmile:

post #4384 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

From my experience, that normally should be the case since high power will smoothen out some treble and as a result pronounce more bass and mids. So basically the gain is too much for the IEM that it alters its frequency response.

 

I thought gain was equivalent to turning up the volume. Am I completely misled?

post #4385 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
 

 

thanks, i was just happy reading Currawong since his remarks relaxed my temptation for new gear but now you buzzed in and spoiled everything. receive hate message from my wallet... :veryevil: :tongue:

Sorry... I know how it feels....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

From my experience, that normally should be the case since high power will smoothen out some treble and as a result pronounce more bass and mids. So basically the gain is too much for the IEM that it alters its frequency response.

Yeah, this is what is happening. I do find the treble a tad bit too sharp for my taste so this a good thing?

post #4386 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Just to see what would happen, I used my HDP-R10 on high gain and holy crap, the mids are so much better. If there is a gain changer like a DX100 or DX50, try it on high gain!

 

I thought that my DX100 was changing the sound with the different gain levels, but after careful testing and confirmation from iBasso I discovered this was an illusion. Due to the way our ears work, we perceive the frequency response differently at higher or lower volume levels. This is what you're hearing, not a change in the electronics.

post #4387 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
 

thanks for restoring my trust in people :beyersmile:

lol luckily 1+2 can handle sources with different powers pretty well. I still remember trying JH16 on dx100 with high gain.... Bass is all what I heard..

 

IMO, ak120 and 901 are better sources for just 1+2 than DX100. Dx100 is already spacious (mid not as forward as other DAPs), so it make 1+2 sounds super clear and large, but somewhat lack of weight and smoothness.

post #4388 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
 

 

I thought that my DX100 was changing the sound with the different gain levels, but after careful testing and confirmation from iBasso I discovered this was an illusion. Due to the way our ears work, we perceive the frequency response differently at higher or lower volume levels. This is what you're hearing, not a change in the electronics.

Yeah, that makes sense. I find when I listen at louder volumes the mids seem to move closer. 

post #4389 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

what??? new Tralucent IEM? eek.gif
+1 is there really a knew tralucent iem? Would really love to know how it will compare with the new CIEMs like the noble kaiser and jh Roxxane
post #4390 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforIEMs View Post


+1 is there really a knew tralucent iem? Would really love to know how it will compare with the new CIEMs like the noble kaiser and jh Roxxane


No, no no no, there isn't. 

post #4391 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


No, no no no, there isn't. 

If there is I'm quitting Head-Fi lol. 

post #4392 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Sorry... I know how it feels....

Yeah, this is what is happening. I do find the treble a tad bit too sharp for my taste so this a good thing?

The only thing you can do with DX100 is to turn on your EQ and reduce about 2-3 db at 4000 Hz (ideally it should be 6000 Hz), but it will still add some weight and lushness. Maybe add 1db at 1000 Hz? Try it out.

 

Also changing tips are much more effective than EQ.

 

I use comply T500 tips, cut the ends until I hear a more neutral, musical sound. 

 

You might need to experiment with this, cut too much will make it too harsh, too little will make it a bit dull. This also depends on your ear canal size/shapes and how old the comply tips are.

Every time I switch on a pair of new T500 tips, I noticed instant change in bass impact and warmth of the sound. Overtime, the sound opens up more and bass settle down a bit.

 

Since it's a universal, just take your time and find what sound suits best for you;)

post #4393 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


No, no no no, there isn't. 


Whaaaaaat ?! Are you insinuating I invented the 7plusπ ?!!

post #4394 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

The only thing you can do with DX100 is to turn on your EQ and reduce about 2-3 db at 4000 Hz (ideally it should be 6000 Hz), but it will still add some weight and lushness. Maybe add 1db at 1000 Hz? Try it out.

 

Also changing tips are much more effective than EQ.

 

I use comply T500 tips, cut the ends until I hear a more neutral, musical sound. 

 

You might need to experiment with this, cut too much will make it too harsh, too little will make it a bit dull. This also depends on your ear canal size/shapes and how old the comply tips are.

Every time I switch on a pair of new T500 tips, I noticed instant change in bass impact and warmth of the sound. Overtime, the sound opens up more and bass settle down a bit.

 

Since it's a universal, just take your time and find what sound suits best for you;)

To be honest, I'm not much of an EQ and comply fan, but I'll give the EQ a try. Comply just gets disgusting. 

post #4395 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post
 


Whaaaaaat ?! Are you insinuating I invented the 7plusπ ?!!



Your mischievous games won't pass by my bridge Mimouille. ;) Right onto you I was...... 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread