Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread - Page 217

post #3241 of 5110

Yes 1plus2 is much more forgiving on hiss than other more sensitive IEM like the TG334.... 

post #3242 of 5110
I'm noticing significant amount of static on the demo T1 amp. This is only when its dead silent and no music is playing.
post #3243 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I'm noticing significant amount of static on the demo T1 amp. This is only when its dead silent and no music is playing.

Yeah that sucker's defective. I probably should have mentioned it to you. Maybe put a sticky note on it labeled "defective" for the next tour members.
post #3244 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Yeah that sucker's defective. I probably should have mentioned it to you. Maybe put a sticky note on it labeled "defective" for the next tour members.
Ok good to know. Thanks Eke.
post #3245 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


That makes sense :P. Might as well just said 1Plus2 then smily_headphones1.gif. I thought he meant trial as well.

Yeah, quite misleading

Cheers smily_headphones1.gif
post #3246 of 5110

I have a pair of 1plus2s on loan along with an Uber cable. The latter definitely changes the sound, though I didn't mind the silver cable (apart from the annoying stiffness and noise), especially as the Uber cable I feel makes the sound a bit warmer.  I've been using them on all my systems, but quite often out of a modded AK100. They are definitely excellent and, annoyingly, I enjoy listening with them more than my newly arrived JH13s, probably because they have just the right amount of bass dialled in whereas the JH13s have an FR that sounds more flat. I think the slight v-shaped signature has somewhat to do with their perceived spaciousness.  I like them a lot, but I still want to compare them to the FitEar Parterre and one other IEM.

 

 

post #3247 of 5110
Thanks good to know that u prefer 1p2 over jh13. I was considering the jh13 for a long time.. finally put my curiosity to rest now.

I am starting to seriously think that the 1p2 might be the only IEM that win over all headfiers as one of the very best out there.

Anyone finds the 1p2 sucks ... No?
Edited by Audiowood - 7/21/13 at 12:46am
post #3248 of 5110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

 
Thanks good to know that u prefer 1p2 over jh13.
I am starting to seriously think that the 1p2 might be the only IEM that win over all headfiers as one of the very best out there.

Anyone finds the 1p2 sucks ... No?

 

Actually there will always be those who don't like a product. Not that said individuals said it sucks but you can read between the lines :). It's gonna happen with all products.

post #3249 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Actually there will always be those who don't like a product. Not that said individuals said it sucks but you can read between the lines smily_headphones1.gif. It's gonna happen with all products.

.
Edited by Audiowood - 7/21/13 at 1:02am
post #3250 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

I have a pair of 1plus2s on loan along with an Uber cable. The latter definitely changes the sound, though I didn't mind the silver cable (apart from the annoying stiffness and noise), especially as the Uber cable I feel makes the sound a bit warmer.  I've been using them on all my systems, but quite often out of a modded AK100. They are definitely excellent and, annoyingly, I enjoy listening with them more than my newly arrived JH13s, probably because they have just the right amount of bass dialled in whereas the JH13s have an FR that sounds more flat. I think the slight v-shaped signature has somewhat to do with their perceived spaciousness.  I like them a lot, but I still want to compare them to the FitEar Parterre and one other IEM.




These are really toxic. The more time you spend with the 1plus2 the harder it is for you to go to another pair of iem. I had never had any issue owning and alternating with multiple totl iems in the past appreciating each one of their strenght. But the 1plus2 keep occupying all my head time to a point I finally feel I might have too little time for the se846 to give up one of the limited first batch quota locally....
post #3251 of 5110
Thread Starter 

Wow so they are growing on you :). What are you thoughts on the SE846? I hear they sound like the 8A but better?
 


Edited by lee730 - 7/21/13 at 1:36am
post #3252 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

Thanks good to know that u prefer 1p2 over jh13. I was considering the jh13 for a long time.. finally put my curiosity to rest now.

Anyone finds the 1p2 sucks ... No?

Me, before. Because it was sibilant. After acquiring the old silver/gold and more break-in time for them and now using the whiplash silver/copper.

Happy .. Magical smily_headphones1.gif
post #3253 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Wow so they are growing on you :). What are you thoughts on the SE846? I hear they sound like the 8A but better?
 

 

SE846 is good and will be successful especially carrying the Shure name.  Most will be impressed by its improvement over previous Shures and it compares favorably to most if not all multi-BAs priced lower.  But the thing is I can't really find any weakness or aspect I don't like about 1plus2's presentation.  I was in love with the TG334 from day 1 I had them, but I also don't like how classical and musicals sounded on them.  If you still recall I messaged you re the 1plus2 tour as I was always looking for something to complement the TG334 for larger/grander recordings and live music.  I don't find I distinctly like any aspect of SE846 over the 334 or even the w4r with better cables.  With stock cable it sounded too slow and sluggish (especially the bass) for my taste.  It would work for jazz vocals soft rock etc but I'm in no rush to get it especially I still have the ASG-2 coming in soon....

 

With the 1plus2 and hm901 I'm spending way too much time going back to my classical albums that I had neglected for a while.  Listening now to an old recording of Bach's violin concertos by Henryk Szeryng and I'm feeling like being in the auditorium myself.  WOW!

post #3254 of 5110
Thread Starter 

Nice. I've actually been using my Suis for the past 3 or 4 days. Classical also sounds really good on them :).
 

post #3255 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

 
Thanks good to know that u prefer 1p2 over jh13. I was considering the jh13 for a long time.. finally put my curiosity to rest now.

I am starting to seriously think that the 1p2 might be the only IEM that win over all headfiers as one of the very best out there.

Anyone finds the 1p2 sucks ... No?

They are definitely competitive with any custom. I haven't heard the Uber cable but did prefer my run in jh13s to the 1+2. Once run in, the 13s already have bass north of neutral. That's simply a preference and there's none of the fitting issues etc. with the 1+2. There's much to be said for them. Gavin voicing the upgraded cables for one and it's obvious they are well sorted by someone that knows what he's doing. The cables may not be cheap but they work and really, it's a big deal.

 

For instance, I've tried 6 different cables on my JHs from pure silver to SPC, copper and Litz etc. and while each had attributes, I didn't think them either cost effective or better than stock which is a but grungy. They have either been loaned or resold other than the 1sy Moon cable that I refunded but I really did plan on keeping it when I purchased. I don't like the buy to try and than return attitude that some have. We all pay for it eventually.

 

 I've got a hybrid cable on the way from someone that seems to have a clue and a very generous nature. I also built my own copper out of the 4 cores of a microphone cable that I like after removing their individual shielding and that one seem to sing. I doubt it's anything more than thin OFC with a PE insulator. Drifting off topic a bit but there is a point to talking about this quest. What I'm getting at is that the cable/IEM synergy thing can make things worse as easily as better. Many folks expect better so when they hear a difference, it becomes the assumption, perhaps to their detriment. Easy to get fooled without a lot of experience. 

 

Here, Gavin has given a clear path to improvement. We all have better things to do than have to deal with this sort of minutia. Like listening to music.bigsmile_face.gif


Edited by goodvibes - 7/21/13 at 5:51am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread