Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread - Page 134

post #1996 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


lmao. Small lad? You consider the IE8s small wink.gif...

To be fair, I've got custom pads on and they do jut out from my ear a fair bit. That said, I was alright with their sleeves as well. So I guess I'll be alright? smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously though, I'm a small guy.
post #1997 of 5362
ranko. smily_headphones1.gif
sounded like k3003. anyway i didnt get a good fit so... tried for 5mins.


i was surprised, i thought tg334 should be a lousy fit. somehow it fitted quite well. damn the price is great too. just tried in taiwan audio shop. very gd environment and service.
post #1998 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie0904 View Post

ranko. smily_headphones1.gif
sounded like k3003. anyway i didnt get a good fit so... tried for 5mins.


i was surprised, i thought tg334 should be a lousy fit. somehow it fitted quite well. damn the price is great too. just tried in taiwan audio shop. very gd environment and service.

Sounded like the k3003? Uh oh. I'd take the IE800 over that! Haha
post #1999 of 5362
my ear shape abit weird so.. have to be careful when buying iem. either that, ciem.
post #2000 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenz View Post

Sounded like the k3003? Uh oh. I'd take the IE800 over that! Haha


yes, me too. lol.
post #2001 of 5362
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie0904 View Post


yes, me too. lol.


Ranko is their brand as well. I agree the 1Plus2 does share certain aspects of the AKG3003 sound but they are also quite a bit different (the 1Plus2 being noticeably more engaging and fun). I can't say they sound very similar though. I think fit/tips will play a big roll in that. AKG3003s treble is not as smooth (it's a bit harsher). The AKG3003 has good width within the sound stage, depth isn't bad either but its more so focused on width while the 1Plus2 has a good balanced between width and depth. Although how it images is from the front which is very different. Bass is not comparable IMO. I felt the AKG3003 mids were thinner. Overall the 1Plus2 presents detail more effortlessly/naturally while being noticeably more cohesive.


Edited by lee730 - 4/12/13 at 2:18am
post #2002 of 5362
i didnt have a good fit but i think they dont sound same as 1plus2. i do not hear the bass, soundstage that everyone is talking about. which i wanted to hear, feel.

could be due to the fit. but i tried holding it when testing but the iem is really too big. lol.
post #2003 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie0904 View Post

i didnt have a good fit but i think they dont sound same as 1plus2. i do not hear the bass, soundstage that everyone is talking about. which i wanted to hear, feel.

could be due to the fit. but i tried holding it when testing but the iem is really too big. lol.

Here's to hoping I don't have your ears or I'm blaming lee730 smily_headphones1.gif
post #2004 of 5362

I've been comparing tips lately as well.

 

I've had mixed results with the complys. At times, I don't think I'm inserting them correctly as the sound is muffled. If I push the foam tip in before inserting, it's a little better. I definitely lose some bass impact and treble sparkle compared to the ortofon tips.

 

The main reason I tried the complys is because of reports that it could tame down the treble. I don't have a problem with the 1plus2 treble, but I do notice quite a lot of sibilance on some tracks with the ortofon tips. I'm pretty new to IEMs, so I wasn't even sure if tips can affect sibilance but I definitely noticed less sibilance with the complys.

 

I also tried the V-Moda tips that Lee suggested but they weren't comfortable in my ears. Maybe I didn't give them long enough to mold. I'll try again this weekend.

post #2005 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesq View Post

I've been comparing tips lately as well.

 

I've had mixed results with the complys. At times, I don't think I'm inserting them correctly as the sound is muffled. If I push the foam tip in before inserting, it's a little better. I definitely lose some bass impact and treble sparkle compared to the ortofon tips.

 

The main reason I tried the complys is because of reports that it could tame down the treble. I don't have a problem with the 1plus2 treble, but I do notice quite a lot of sibilance on some tracks with the ortofon tips. I'm pretty new to IEMs, so I wasn't even sure if tips can affect sibilance but I definitely noticed less sibilance with the complys.

 

I also tried the V-Moda tips that Lee suggested but they weren't comfortable in my ears. Maybe I didn't give them long enough to mold. I'll try again this weekend.


If you're using T500's maybe try the TS500 Comply's.

post #2006 of 5362

the mids are behind the bass for sure and ever so slightly recessed, dry, lacking a bit of weight but beautifully balanced, detailed with great timbre and vocal height.

post #2007 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

Hey DF,

 

So far i have only tried these with the included ortofon tips and some Comply and i really was not impressed with the Comply sound. Not because it muffles the sound like is sometimes reported as i like you spend time make sure they are rolled nicely before insertion but i just felt they took  bit of the nice sizzle from the treble. I do however think there is more mid-bass boost with the ortofon by a small margin and they also deliver with more power. When i say they have a u shape i am not talking an extreme one like the TF10 for example (not that it is too extreme either but a lot more than this). I just do not want to say this is neutral because it is clear that both the bass and treble are boosted. The overall sound is quite balanced though, the reason balanced has always been associated with U and V shapes like in ClieOSs rankings. but yes i would think tips are causing the differences!

 

Also, come one mate, spell my name correctly hehehh ;)


Alright, that makes a little more sense then. I'm thinking I could have a bang up time tip rolling with these IEM's due to how easily I could mold the sound with different tips. Sorry about the name, I was typing my post out all bleary eyed at 1 in the morning and not stopping to double check what I wrote.

post #2008 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnero View Post

DF, do you have any TS500 Comply's? I picked some up on a whim during the 30% off sale and have to say I've really been liking them on the 4.Ai's. Also, there's the memory foam ones I linked to earlier, they sound quite different from the Comply's, closer to a silicone based tip IMO.


No TS500's but I might get them down the road depending on my future IEM purchases. Thanks for the suggestion though.

post #2009 of 5362
I am trying millions of tips and none give me a perfect fit without hassle. I want to try the Sony hybrids in size LL but they are impossible to.find.
post #2010 of 5362

I can't help but be worried with all the tip fitting issues biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread