Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread - Page 120

post #1786 of 5362

Well for now I have to use tips will smaller bores...until I find other tips. No so easy to procure these V-moda Tips in China though...

post #1787 of 5362
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Well for now I have to use tips will smaller bores...until I find other tips. No so easy to procure these V-moda Tips in China though...


Can't you order from that link? I thought they'd ship worldwide?

post #1788 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Can't you order from that link? I thought they'd ship worldwide?


Seems complicated...anyhow, I'll check headphone stores here in Shanghai otherwise I'll see...

post #1789 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

Bass is only impacted by seal and the ortofons do run smaller than other tips. They happen to fit me perfectly and are my favorite tip on the market. Sony hybrid comfort with a larger bore for more treble energy. I get no spikes with the ortofons but if one did, the thing to try is either a longer tip and/or a smaller bore tip. Length and bore size will impact treble presence and potentially shift any resonance peaks to a more pleasant area in the frequency response for said user.

Also a fan of the Ortofon/Grado tips. They sometimes have a smoothing effect on upper mids as well. No clue why.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I disagree on bass only being impacted by seal. I've experienced otherwise from various tips. A good example is comply tips vs silicone although different silicone tips will impact the bass differently as well (at least I hear it this way). The large JVC tips and the V-moda bass tips are very similar in size but are of different material (slightly different in overall shape as well but very small differences). Thing is that all goes hand in hand to change even the bass characteristics. Fit wise I feel the seal is about the same on both tips for me.

I think what you're hearing is other ranges change enough to effectively make the bass sound different in relation, Pull some upper mid/lower treble and the bass con sometimes 'sound' rounder. The only time I've seen tips affect bass response is with complies where some of the low bass may, in a minor way, dissipate into the foam.


Edited by goodvibes - 3/4/13 at 11:25am
post #1790 of 5362

i've tried most of the regular suggestions for silicone tips...because the 1+2 is so unweildy and cable so stiff, i could never get it stay in place for any prolonged period of time, especially on the go...forget it...

 

i've been using the comply ts500 modded (conical cut on backside to shorten the bore length) to good effect... the monitors are secure and stay in place; however the downside is a smaller soundstage with corresponding hit is airiness and space...

 

this a trade-off i'm not happy about but otherwise the 1+2 are expensive paperweights...this compromise (among a few other issues) has me seriously considering putting them up for sale... ;-(

post #1791 of 5362

Seems that 1Plus2 isn't for everyone. Perhaps Aurisonic's upcoming ASG-2 or Heir 5.0? I am pretty interested in those two at the moment.

post #1792 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by toads View Post

i've tried most of the regular suggestions for silicone tips...because the 1+2 is so unweildy and cable so stiff, i could never get it stay in place for any prolonged period of time, especially on the go...forget it...

 

i've been using the comply ts500 modded (conical cut on backside to shorten the bore length) to good effect... the monitors are secure and stay in place; however the downside is a smaller soundstage with corresponding hit is airiness and space...

 

this a trade-off i'm not happy about but otherwise the 1+2 are expensive paperweights...this compromise (among a few other issues) has me seriously considering putting them up for sale... ;-(

 

You could always try a cable from a different manufacturer. That'll mean the sonics will change though (if you believe cables play a part in sonics).

post #1793 of 5362

i'm perhaps a bit more pragmatic then some here...i'm not necessarily about SQ at all costs...other factors weight in on which pair i'll grab off the table....

 

for example, while waiting for my Merlin order to be fullfilled and 1+2 to come back from warranty, i picked up a set of re-400....whoa...a spectacular bargain at $99...but what was/is most refreshing was simply the ability to grab, pop in and go....forget about doing that with the 1+2...

 

i'm also a bit neurotic (aren't we all here)  lol....i'll bet when i get them back from warranty, i'll fall in love with them all over again....

 

1+2 are a bit like a intelligent, gorgeous, albeit high maintenance woman...when everything is right it's a breathtaking, magnificent experience...when not, annoying, frustrating and perplexing.... ;-)

post #1794 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

You could always try a cable from a different manufacturer. That'll mean the sonics will change though (if you believe cables play a part in sonics).

 

 

i ordered and received a dhc symbiote se while my 1+2 were away...

 

Gavin also offered to de-sheath my silver cable...which i agreed with giving a try...

post #1795 of 5362

Quote:

Originally Posted by toads View Post

 

 

i ordered and received a dhc symbiote se while my 1+2 were away...

 

Gavin also offered to de-sheath my silver cable...which i agreed with giving a try...

 

The newer Tralucent cables I saw a month ago at the Fujiya event were more flexible than the ones I had from back in early January. Still nothing like the FitEar 000 or 001 or Beat Audio Cronus cables of course but somewhat more flexible than the older Tralucent cables.

 

Hopefully de-sheathing means, thinner, not none :D. That should work better. Nice choice on DHC's Symbiote.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toads View Post

1+2 are a bit like a intelligent, gorgeous, albeit high maintenance woman...when everything is right it's a breathtaking, magnificent experience...when not, annoying, frustrating and perplexing.... ;-)

 

 

Love the analogy. I continue to have the love/hate relationship despite not being mine anymore.

post #1796 of 5362
I actually think the new cableq without sheathing are just fine. And with the right tips the 1plus2 stay in place almost as easily as my 535 used to. For those interested in the 5.0 I ordered them so I ll compare. But in terms of sound quality, even if I do not have the perfect tips yet, the 1plus2 are clearly high performers, in the range of miracles I think. Will say more after some time with the right tips smily_headphones1.gif
post #1797 of 5362
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Also a fan of the Ortofon/Grado tips. They sometimes have a smoothing effect on upper mids as well. No clue why.

 

I think what your hearing is other ranges change enough to effectively make the bass sound different in relation, Pull some upper mid/lower treble and the bass con sometimes 'sound' rounder. The only time I've seen tips affect bass response is with complies where some of the low bass may, in a minor way, dissipate into the foam.


I think its more than that goodvibes. The bass is actually more controlled and has less quantity with the V-moda bass tips. The seal is about the same on both tips but the material is different as well as some minor differences in the shapes of these tips to the JVCs.. I think the tips are actually dissipating some of the bass opposed to the JVCs which actually seem to concentrate that bass and give it more focus. If the treble and mids can be impacted by tips I do not see why bass can't be. wink_face.gif


Edited by lee730 - 3/3/13 at 7:49pm
post #1798 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

I should hopefully be wrapping up my thoughts on the revised 1+2 this weekend and passing it along to the next listener early next week.

 

Look forward to seeing those thoughts.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I think its more than that goodvibes. The bass is actually more controlled and has less quantity with the V-moda bass tips. The seal is about the same on both tips but the material is different as well as some minor differences in the shapes of these tips to the JVCs.. I think the tips are actually dissipating some of the bass opposed to the JVCs which actually seem to concentrate that bass and give it more focus. If the treble and mids can be impacted by tips I do not see why bass can't be. wink_face.gif


Beware of psychoacoustic effects; sound balance perception, masking, and signal detection all work off a "floating point" principle; goodvibes has a point there.

post #1799 of 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokyung View Post

Seems that 1Plus2 isn't for everyone. Perhaps Aurisonic's upcoming ASG-2 or Heir 5.0? I am pretty interested in those two at the moment.

The 1plus2 was designed specifically for lee730 and him alone.

Jokes aside, anyone here compared the sound sig to the k3003?

A good review that I just found:cymbacavum.wordpress.com/2013/03/01/tralucent-audio-1plus2-down-the-rabbit-hole-through-the-looking-glass/
post #1800 of 5362

 

3 very different tips. The bass will sound different between them so it's changed in character but not amplitude. I have seen bass roll a bit with more open foamies but that relates to seal as well.


Edited by goodvibes - 3/4/13 at 11:37am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread