- 373 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Location: US
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tralucent 1p2 vs Shure 846 vs Roxanne Siren? Last post on 2/7/14 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hybrid IEM comparison requested: Astrotec AX60, DUNU DN1000, TPEOS H200 Last post on 12/24/13 at 5:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- (Price Drop)Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM with gold and sliver cable (Like new) Last post on 11/16/13 at 3:43am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MusicaAcustics Portable Headphone & Gear USA/ Canada Equipment Audition Tour Last post on 10/10/13 at 4:55pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Tralucent 1plus2 w/ BTG Starlight Cable Last post on 10/9/13 at 6:51am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread - Page 90
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The examples are an average in general in those scenarios. For what it's worth I find myself much more comfortable and less fatigued wearing my IEMs when commuting. It really does help kill the noise-pollution. In situation I don't I tend to get fatigued and quite tired at the end of a day driving in comparison to using an IEM that offers some form of isolation. However I still listen at around the same volume as I would in general. Actually usually a bit less to be honest so I can still be aware of my surroundings. Just its quite nice that the IEMs really help to lower down the noise-pollution as a whole :).
Even thought the sound aren't comparable to other same price range headphones.
Btw, I think that listening to IEM while driving is quite dangerous...
That is somehow offensive. LOL Lee you are straight right?
He knows I'm just joshing him , he'd probably have some come back about having better hearing at an older age. My only other concern is the pink silicon case for FiiO X3 he was really keen on.
Gavin was meeting a customer of his yesterday to deliver his 1+2 and T1 amp personally, and they very kindly invited me to come along. I got the chance to audition the 1+2, the FitEar ToGo 334, the Sennheiser IE 800, and a universal fit version of the UE 18 Pro. It was a very informative afternoon of coffee and playing with gear that I won't be able to afford for a (long) while.
I make no excuses about my preferred sound signature: I am an Etymotic fan through and through and my 2 pairs of ER4's get more use than anything else in my humble collection. Sure, I wouldn't mind having a tad more weight in the lower frequencies or a bigger sound stage, but I stick with them because I value "transparency" over everything else. I could never really get into the W4 because it felt veiled to me, for example.
Of the high end IEMs I tried yesterday, I have to say that the 1+2 appealed to me the most. I think Tralucent might have solved the whole "how many bores should we put in the nozzle" conundrum by sticking the TWFK in the tip itself. It just sounded very clear and and articulate to me - everything from top to bottom. While the IE 800 flat out did not impress me, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the 1+2 trumps the 334 or the UE 18 Pro completely. I can appreciate why these IEMs get the glowing reviews that they do. All I can say is that for my personal listening preferences, the 1+2 is right up my alley.
As for the ensuing debate about value, I reckon the 1+2 is a more than viable competitor in its price range considering its build quality, appearance and most importantly, sound. Make of that what you will though, because they are all priced beyond my personal financial means. I am definitely not going to question the value of something solely because I can't afford it though.
Just to put things into perspective, the customer who was buying the 1+2 and T1 (I only met him yesterday and I am not sure if it is okay for me blow his internet anonymity) liked what he heard so much that he asked Gavin to sell him a second pair of 1+2s because he bought a silver cable and a gold + silver cable and he didn't want to switch cables all the time for fear of damaging the cable sockets. In a move of poor salesmanship or good after sales service, depending on how you look at it, Gavin talked him out of buying a second pair and promised to take care of it should he have any problems cable sockets. The 1+2 was clearly great value to this man.
And to this mysterious customer, please make an account and post your thoughts already! I know you are reading this thread. You have way too much nice equipment and disposable income to remain a Head Fi lurker
Indeed. ..Tralucent customer service is top notch. The guy is eager and courteous.
lol H20 there are older people who can hear up to 21,000 htz still. A big part of it is listening at reasonable levels, protecting ones ears with ear protection in loud environments (virtually everywhere this day and age lmao) and I'm sure genetics plays a part as well ;-)...
- 2,487 Posts. Joined 7/2008
Edited by lee730 - 1/19/13 at 9:08pm
It usually takes about 20 days to receive the 1+2, but you can get it around 5 days if you order it from Music Accoustic. They have it in stock I believe.
xinghui from what I heard he is booked with sales until March so everyone has to wait in line pretty much...
I am still on the fence for another CIEM / IEM to complement my Miracle (not even received and already thinking about the next, thank you headfi). The 1 plus 2 seems very nice. I'm still hesitating with Fiteat 334 or MH335, SE5-way, Heir Audio 8a, NT6 Pro or Lear LCM-5. All so good and all so different !
- Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AKG 545 vs Sennheiser Momentum vs Sony MDR 1R 9 seconds ago
- › 2A3 Tubes Lets hear your favorites 26 seconds ago
- › What option should I go with (Headphones + DAC/Amp)!? 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini-meet 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Wyred4Sound µDAC HD Desktop Headphone/Speaker DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Recommend me a bass heavy cIEM for gym use! 3 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude