- 373 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Location: US
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tralucent 1p2 vs Shure 846 vs Roxanne Siren? Last post on 2/7/14 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hybrid IEM comparison requested: Astrotec AX60, DUNU DN1000, TPEOS H200 Last post on 12/24/13 at 5:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- (Price Drop)Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM with gold and sliver cable (Like new) Last post on 11/16/13 at 3:43am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MusicaAcustics Portable Headphone & Gear USA/ Canada Equipment Audition Tour Last post on 10/10/13 at 4:55pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Tralucent 1plus2 w/ BTG Starlight Cable Last post on 10/9/13 at 6:51am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread - Page 90
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The examples are an average in general in those scenarios. For what it's worth I find myself much more comfortable and less fatigued wearing my IEMs when commuting. It really does help kill the noise-pollution. In situation I don't I tend to get fatigued and quite tired at the end of a day driving in comparison to using an IEM that offers some form of isolation. However I still listen at around the same volume as I would in general. Actually usually a bit less to be honest so I can still be aware of my surroundings. Just its quite nice that the IEMs really help to lower down the noise-pollution as a whole :).
Even thought the sound aren't comparable to other same price range headphones.
Btw, I think that listening to IEM while driving is quite dangerous...
That is somehow offensive. LOL Lee you are straight right?
He knows I'm just joshing him , he'd probably have some come back about having better hearing at an older age. My only other concern is the pink silicon case for FiiO X3 he was really keen on.
Gavin was meeting a customer of his yesterday to deliver his 1+2 and T1 amp personally, and they very kindly invited me to come along. I got the chance to audition the 1+2, the FitEar ToGo 334, the Sennheiser IE 800, and a universal fit version of the UE 18 Pro. It was a very informative afternoon of coffee and playing with gear that I won't be able to afford for a (long) while.
I make no excuses about my preferred sound signature: I am an Etymotic fan through and through and my 2 pairs of ER4's get more use than anything else in my humble collection. Sure, I wouldn't mind having a tad more weight in the lower frequencies or a bigger sound stage, but I stick with them because I value "transparency" over everything else. I could never really get into the W4 because it felt veiled to me, for example.
Of the high end IEMs I tried yesterday, I have to say that the 1+2 appealed to me the most. I think Tralucent might have solved the whole "how many bores should we put in the nozzle" conundrum by sticking the TWFK in the tip itself. It just sounded very clear and and articulate to me - everything from top to bottom. While the IE 800 flat out did not impress me, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the 1+2 trumps the 334 or the UE 18 Pro completely. I can appreciate why these IEMs get the glowing reviews that they do. All I can say is that for my personal listening preferences, the 1+2 is right up my alley.
As for the ensuing debate about value, I reckon the 1+2 is a more than viable competitor in its price range considering its build quality, appearance and most importantly, sound. Make of that what you will though, because they are all priced beyond my personal financial means. I am definitely not going to question the value of something solely because I can't afford it though.
Just to put things into perspective, the customer who was buying the 1+2 and T1 (I only met him yesterday and I am not sure if it is okay for me blow his internet anonymity) liked what he heard so much that he asked Gavin to sell him a second pair of 1+2s because he bought a silver cable and a gold + silver cable and he didn't want to switch cables all the time for fear of damaging the cable sockets. In a move of poor salesmanship or good after sales service, depending on how you look at it, Gavin talked him out of buying a second pair and promised to take care of it should he have any problems cable sockets. The 1+2 was clearly great value to this man.
And to this mysterious customer, please make an account and post your thoughts already! I know you are reading this thread. You have way too much nice equipment and disposable income to remain a Head Fi lurker
Indeed. ..Tralucent customer service is top notch. The guy is eager and courteous.
lol H20 there are older people who can hear up to 21,000 htz still. A big part of it is listening at reasonable levels, protecting ones ears with ear protection in loud environments (virtually everywhere this day and age lmao) and I'm sure genetics plays a part as well ;-)...
- 2,487 Posts. Joined 7/2008
Edited by lee730 - 1/19/13 at 9:08pm
It usually takes about 20 days to receive the 1+2, but you can get it around 5 days if you order it from Music Accoustic. They have it in stock I believe.
xinghui from what I heard he is booked with sales until March so everyone has to wait in line pretty much...
I am still on the fence for another CIEM / IEM to complement my Miracle (not even received and already thinking about the next, thank you headfi). The 1 plus 2 seems very nice. I'm still hesitating with Fiteat 334 or MH335, SE5-way, Heir Audio 8a, NT6 Pro or Lear LCM-5. All so good and all so different !
- Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Trade my Ultrasone pro 900 for your denon ah-d5000 7 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Does Dolby Headphone virtualize 7.1 or 5.1 ? 5 minutes ago
- › Any audiophiles that listen to dubstep? 7 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 8 minutes ago
- › Name our latest soon to be released product from ROCK JAW 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › FS: Synergistic Research USB Active SE Cable 1M 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiman RE-400 or Yamaha EPH-100? 11 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)