New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

H3 Meet Impressions LA 8/18/2012 Thread - Page 9  

post #121 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

Thanks .......  tongue_smile.gif

 

My place on head-fi is now sealed. 

 

Holy blink.gif, the admins actually did it!  LOL, gotta be so careful about what you ask for around here!

post #122 of 191

Master Blower you say?  I should give the man all of my old NES cartridges.

post #123 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar3 View Post

Master Blower you say?  I should give the man all of my old NES cartridges.

 

As long as he doesn't leave any spittle residue, that'd make them all instantly new and playable right away.  Curiously, that same trick does NOT work as well on SNES carts.

post #124 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by adktitan View Post

Looks like a nice meet, congrats to all who put the effort in:

Regarding what I think was the DNA Sonett II amp; I read one quick impression earlier in the thread compared to the Stratus, but I am curious if anyone has any detailed or longer impressions of the amp, the value, design and/or any improvments made over the original Sonett. I believe this was the first public showing of the II. I know there was a ton of summit-fi equipment there and you guys were like kids in a open candy shop, but any impressions are appriciated. Cheers.  

Santacore got to hear the Sonett 2 prototype for an extended period of time a couple months ago. You can read his comments here.

[=http://www.head-fi.org/t/493097/dna-sonett-review/600#post_8590802]

Above his post you can read about the design changes and improvements made to it over the original Sonett.
Edited by Donald North - 8/22/12 at 6:03pm
post #125 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post


Thanks .......  tongue_smile.gif

My place on head-fi is now sealed. 

smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar3 View Post

Master Blower you say?  I should give the man all of my old NES cartridges.

Ahh the memories.
post #126 of 191

Hey guys, I don't know if this is a stupid idea or not.  But as a new member, I can tell you one thing that would be a HUGE help. 

 

If there were like screennames (and maybe avatars) on the badges, it'd be so much easier meeting new people.  Or at least correllating people IRL to people on the forums.  Not a dealbreaker in any way, but just sayin'.  What do y'all think of that?  Or am I just being stoopid?

 

For example, I had no idea until four hours into the show that Phil was iPodPJ.  And even then, it was only because of talk about the HD 650/800 stacking.

post #127 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Hey guys, I don't know if this is a stupid idea or not.  But as a new member, I can tell you one thing that would be a HUGE help. 

 

If there were like screennames (and maybe avatars) on the badges, it'd be so much easier meeting new people.  Or at least correllating people IRL to people on the forums.  Not a dealbreaker in any way, but just sayin'.  What do y'all think of that?  Or am I just being stoopid?

 

For example, I had no idea until four hours into the show that Phil was iPodPJ.  And even then, it was only because of talk about the HD 650/800 stacking.

Actually we were supposed to write our handles on the badge i could have swore.

post #128 of 191
Here's what I did for the Austin meet earlier this year, nothing all that fancy, just basic identification:

Head-fi logo with name/user:

900x900px-LL-64cb2675_toastertag.jpeg

Avatar at time of printing, user:

900x900px-LL-98042dae_tabletags.jpeg

To see table tags in use: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan1son/sets/72157629566689561/with/6975178371/
post #129 of 191

I like that idea.  I find avatars easier to remember than user names. 

post #130 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiorisekine View Post

Actually we were supposed to write our handles on the badge i could have swore.

 

Totally did that, but not everyone did.  Plus, judging by the penmanship, some of used to be doctors.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

Here's what I did for the Austin meet earlier this year, nothing all that fancy, just basic identification:
Head-fi logo with name/user:
900x900px-LL-64cb2675_toastertag.jpeg
Avatar at time of printing, user:
900x900px-LL-98042dae_tabletags.jpeg
To see table tags in use: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan1son/sets/72157629566689561/with/6975178371/

 

THAT IS AWESOME!  The only change I would make is to have the Avatar, Member Name, and Real name repeated on both sides.  Because badges can - and do - flip the other way.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rdling View Post

I like that idea.  I find avatars easier to remember than user names. 

 

This.  smile.gif

 

OMG, this next one is gonna be like the best. meet. evar!

post #131 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiorisekine View Post

Actually we were supposed to write our handles on the badge i could have swore.

I did. Bad penmanship or not smile.gif

post #132 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilency View Post

I did. Bad penmanship or not smile.gif

 

No offense meant to anyone btw, and I'm including myself in the bad penmanship lot.  biggrin.gif

post #133 of 191

Yeah, I think there were people that put their handle and real name, but half the time the badges were flipped around. Or if they're sitting at their table then the badge hangs below it anyway. Best thing to do is ask!

post #134 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocswing View Post

Yeah, I think there were people that put their handle and real name, but half the time the badges were flipped around. Or if they're sitting at their table then the badge hangs below it anyway. Best thing to do is ask!
It was nice to meet you. We were on the same table.
Hope the hum got fixed.
post #135 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilency View Post


It was nice to meet you. We were on the same table.
Hope the hum got fixed.

 

Thanks, it was nice to meet you as well! Your set up was very nice, and I think it may have been passed up by some being in the room we were in. Hopefully people got to listen to it.

 

Yeah, I got home and there was no hum on my amp, so I guess it was just a ground loop or something.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked