I have some spare change and am looking into buying a new portable FiiO amp (but all other brands will be accepted and looked into further.) I have been eyeing the E11, AND I ALREADY HAVE THE E7, I'm wondering if it would be an upgrade from what I have. I will be using the amp to power anything from some fake Beats all the way up to my AKG Q701. I like listening to more bass heavy music. Hope there are lots of helpful responses!
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 8/27/12
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 8/27/12
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 8/27/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 8/27/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/27/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/27/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/27/12
- productJDS Labs CMoyBBtagged by System, 8/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared Last post on 11/27/13 at 2:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp for my RHP-20 Last post on 6/17/12 at 8:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Please Help? Don't Know Which Amp to Choose for the Sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Q701 users, what dac/amp are you using? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100)post #1 of 248/18/12 at 9:34pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 248/18/12 at 9:58pm
Depends on how you're going to use it. If you're going to be using it more at home, I suggest the E10. It's a DAC/AMP, similar to your E7, but much better in terms of quality. If you are going to be using it mostly on the go, I suggest the E11, which I see you have been looking at already. Good choice, I'm about to get it too. I've heard great things about it here on head-fi, and around the 'net.
EDIT: I've also heard the JDS Labs cMoy BB v2.03 is also very good, same price as the E11, I think. Headfonia has a good review on their site.
Edited by FCO2013 - 8/18/12 at 9:59pmpost #3 of 248/18/12 at 10:12pm
If you're going to drive some demanding full-size cans like the Q701, your best bet in this price range is the PA2V2 (drives my K701 acceptably). If it has to be Fiio, then just get the E11 (but keep in mind that the soundstage will collapse quite noticeably).
Edited by risenfallen - 8/20/12 at 1:22pmpost #4 of 248/20/12 at 6:29amHmm, the PA2V2... I was reading ClieOS' portable amp round-up, and he agreed that the PA2V2 had a wider soundstage, but the review scale indicates that they're not far off. The E11 was also remarked as more detailed and transparent. Here's ClieOS' review thread:
I am also curious about recommendations, because I recently acquired the Q701 as well (white) and I don't know what everybody's favorite amp is (besides the O2, which is stuck somewhere between portable & desktop in size).post #5 of 248/20/12 at 10:34amThread Starterpost #6 of 248/20/12 at 10:37amThread StarterQuote:
Thank you for some thoughts. I still am not quite sure what I am going to do at this point. I think I'll wait another week and see what else comes up!post #7 of 248/20/12 at 11:52am
There isn't much of a counterfeit problem with the E11 but buying authentic is best. Micca has an E11 combo on amazon or their site which is generally $65 Fiio E11 plus backup battery and chargerpost #8 of 248/20/12 at 11:59amThread StarterQuote:
Well, I have some spare eBay cash that I need to use on eBay. Wish it were amazon. Just wanting to know about the ones on eBay. Thanks though!post #9 of 248/20/12 at 12:14pmQuote:
Go on to their site(FiiO) and look at authorized dealers and see if they are on ebay, Micca may bepost #10 of 248/20/12 at 5:56pmQuote:Here's an eBay seller that FiiO lists as authorized on it's page:
Also, here is Adorama on EBay. I love Adorama, bought my camera from them
Edited by Evshrug - 8/20/12 at 6:01pmpost #11 of 248/20/12 at 6:13pmFor $100 (sometimes sold for less), FiiO also offers a desktop amp called the E9 and E09k. Your E7 actually docks into the E9, so the E7's DAC is used while being powered by the E9's amp. The E9 is way more powerful than the E11 (and how often are you going for a walk while wearing your $300 AKG Q701s with a PMP & amp in your pocket anyway?), and if later you decide a more expensive DAC is worth it you can still use the E9 as an amp. Dat Knob for setting the volume is also very sexy.post #12 of 248/20/12 at 6:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evshrug
For $100 (sometimes sold for less), FiiO also offers a desktop amp called the E9 and E09k. Your E7 actually docks into the E9, so the E7's DAC is used while being powered by the E9's amp. The E9 is way more powerful than the E11 (and how often are you going for a walk while wearing your $300 AKG Q701s with a PMP & amp in your pocket anyway?), and if later you decide a more expensive DAC is worth it you can still use the E9 as an amp. Dat Knob for setting the volume is also very sexy.
Keep in mind E90K will not work with E7.
I am not making a suggestion as obviously the highest costing FiiO devices are the "best" ones but whether it is worth it for the setup differspost #13 of 248/20/12 at 6:58pmQuote:
The bugs had been fixed in the new QOGRY(E09K), please contact the seller to make sure which revision you will buy!post #14 of 248/20/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
I thought the E90K was called the QOGRY? Or are there two revisions? E90K and E90K QOGRY? With QOGRY E90K working with E7?post #15 of 248/20/12 at 9:02pmThread Starter
- What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 3 minutes ago
- › One of the Most Iconic Artists of All Time in Pristine... 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 4 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ V1 Hybrid (2BA + Dynamic driver) 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude