I have some spare change and am looking into buying a new portable FiiO amp (but all other brands will be accepted and looked into further.) I have been eyeing the E11, AND I ALREADY HAVE THE E7, I'm wondering if it would be an upgrade from what I have. I will be using the amp to power anything from some fake Beats all the way up to my AKG Q701. I like listening to more bass heavy music. Hope there are lots of helpful responses!
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 8/27/12
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 8/27/12
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 8/27/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 8/27/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/27/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/27/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/27/12
- productJDS Labs CMoyBBtagged by System, 8/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared Last post on 11/27/13 at 2:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp for my RHP-20 Last post on 6/17/12 at 8:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Please Help? Don't Know Which Amp to Choose for the Sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Q701 users, what dac/amp are you using? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100)post #1 of 248/18/12 at 9:34pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 248/18/12 at 9:58pm
Depends on how you're going to use it. If you're going to be using it more at home, I suggest the E10. It's a DAC/AMP, similar to your E7, but much better in terms of quality. If you are going to be using it mostly on the go, I suggest the E11, which I see you have been looking at already. Good choice, I'm about to get it too. I've heard great things about it here on head-fi, and around the 'net.
EDIT: I've also heard the JDS Labs cMoy BB v2.03 is also very good, same price as the E11, I think. Headfonia has a good review on their site.
Edited by FCO2013 - 8/18/12 at 9:59pmpost #3 of 248/18/12 at 10:12pm
If you're going to drive some demanding full-size cans like the Q701, your best bet in this price range is the PA2V2 (drives my K701 acceptably). If it has to be Fiio, then just get the E11 (but keep in mind that the soundstage will collapse quite noticeably).
Edited by risenfallen - 8/20/12 at 1:22pmpost #4 of 248/20/12 at 6:29amHmm, the PA2V2... I was reading ClieOS' portable amp round-up, and he agreed that the PA2V2 had a wider soundstage, but the review scale indicates that they're not far off. The E11 was also remarked as more detailed and transparent. Here's ClieOS' review thread:
I am also curious about recommendations, because I recently acquired the Q701 as well (white) and I don't know what everybody's favorite amp is (besides the O2, which is stuck somewhere between portable & desktop in size).post #5 of 248/20/12 at 10:34amThread Starterpost #6 of 248/20/12 at 10:37amThread StarterQuote:
Thank you for some thoughts. I still am not quite sure what I am going to do at this point. I think I'll wait another week and see what else comes up!post #7 of 248/20/12 at 11:52am
There isn't much of a counterfeit problem with the E11 but buying authentic is best. Micca has an E11 combo on amazon or their site which is generally $65 Fiio E11 plus backup battery and chargerpost #8 of 248/20/12 at 11:59amThread StarterQuote:
Well, I have some spare eBay cash that I need to use on eBay. Wish it were amazon. Just wanting to know about the ones on eBay. Thanks though!post #9 of 248/20/12 at 12:14pmQuote:
Go on to their site(FiiO) and look at authorized dealers and see if they are on ebay, Micca may bepost #10 of 248/20/12 at 5:56pmQuote:Here's an eBay seller that FiiO lists as authorized on it's page:
Also, here is Adorama on EBay. I love Adorama, bought my camera from them
Edited by Evshrug - 8/20/12 at 6:01pmpost #11 of 248/20/12 at 6:13pmFor $100 (sometimes sold for less), FiiO also offers a desktop amp called the E9 and E09k. Your E7 actually docks into the E9, so the E7's DAC is used while being powered by the E9's amp. The E9 is way more powerful than the E11 (and how often are you going for a walk while wearing your $300 AKG Q701s with a PMP & amp in your pocket anyway?), and if later you decide a more expensive DAC is worth it you can still use the E9 as an amp. Dat Knob for setting the volume is also very sexy.post #12 of 248/20/12 at 6:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evshrug
For $100 (sometimes sold for less), FiiO also offers a desktop amp called the E9 and E09k. Your E7 actually docks into the E9, so the E7's DAC is used while being powered by the E9's amp. The E9 is way more powerful than the E11 (and how often are you going for a walk while wearing your $300 AKG Q701s with a PMP & amp in your pocket anyway?), and if later you decide a more expensive DAC is worth it you can still use the E9 as an amp. Dat Knob for setting the volume is also very sexy.
Keep in mind E90K will not work with E7.
I am not making a suggestion as obviously the highest costing FiiO devices are the "best" ones but whether it is worth it for the setup differspost #13 of 248/20/12 at 6:58pmQuote:
The bugs had been fixed in the new QOGRY(E09K), please contact the seller to make sure which revision you will buy!post #14 of 248/20/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
I thought the E90K was called the QOGRY? Or are there two revisions? E90K and E90K QOGRY? With QOGRY E90K working with E7?post #15 of 248/20/12 at 9:02pmThread Starter
- What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 18 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › X3 Library Hack! Super fast library update, proper tag (ID3 v2) &... 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 6 minutes ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Digital Interface 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob