Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Closed Headphones with Good Soundstage and Isolation?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Closed Headphones with Good Soundstage and Isolation?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

My friend is looking for a pair of headphones around the 600 dollar range with his highest priority being soundstage.  He's running 3x2000rpm CPU fans so he'll also be looking into headphones with good isolation and does not like IEMs/earphones.

 

Besides the Denon D7000 are there any other good options?

post #2 of 9
The D7000 are not really isolating.
They're technically semi-open if I'm not mistaken.
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post

The D7000 are not really isolating.
They're technically semi-open if I'm not mistaken.

If those are semi-open, so are the 2ks and the 5ks. I really think all of them are closed, just not well isolating because of too much awesome.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bop View Post

My friend is looking for a pair of headphones around the 600 dollar range with his highest priority being soundstage.  He's running 3x2000rpm CPU fans so he'll also be looking into headphones with good isolation and does not like IEMs/earphones.

 

Besides the Denon D7000 are there any other good options?

 

Tell your friend to look into self-sealed water cooling. 


Edited by RushNerd - 8/18/12 at 6:43pm
post #4 of 9

He should really look into a fan controller or getting a better cooler. 

post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushNerd View Post

If those are semi-open, so are the 2ks and the 5ks. I really think all of them are closed, just not well isolating because of too much awesome.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/luscious-denon-ah-d2000-ah-d50000-and-ah-d7000

Tyll talks about how there are really small vents that let sound out (causing leakage) and can also let ambient sound in (such as fans).
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post

He should really look into a fan controller or getting a better cooler. 

^^ Also this in combination with the cpu watercooler works very well for low noise. You can even turn your fans off with the controller if you are just listening to music.

post #7 of 9
I have a feeling he's going to be using it for gaming though which is why the primary request was large soundstage.
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 

All correct.  I think he is going to simply go for a water-cooled system and a bigger case.  

post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bop View Post

All correct.  I think he is going to simply go for a water-cooled system and a bigger case.  

Well, by getting liquid cooling he's opening himself up to the option of open backs which can offer what he's looking for at a much lower cost so I'd say it's a good idea.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Closed Headphones with Good Soundstage and Isolation?