So im giving away my Sony mdrv6's and i was wondering what is the best sound quality headphones i can get for under $100? i was looking at grado sr60s and seem like they are good. i listen to jazz, electronic, alternative stuff like radiohead. what do you think?
- productAKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH AD300tagged by System, 8/22/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 8/22/12
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 8/22/12
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/12
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 8/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Quintessential Audiophile Headphone? Last post on 10/17/12 at 5:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Quest for best open headphones <200$ Last post on 9/23/12 at 7:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- All-round Open headphones for around $100 Last post on 7/30/12 at 5:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone with Large Soundstage Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- First foray into the audiophile world. I've read some recommendations, now I'm trying... Last post on 7/11/12 at 4:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. They do not sound great either. But not bad like...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Best Semi open or open headphones for under $100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 128/18/12 at 4:50pmpost #3 of 128/18/12 at 4:57pmpost #4 of 128/18/12 at 5:33pmpost #5 of 128/18/12 at 5:48pmThread Starterpost #6 of 128/18/12 at 5:55pm
I like the k240S which sounds fine out of my Sansa Clip+. I much prefer them over the v6 for most genres, but I've not listened to much electronica so hard for me to make a call with that genre. They're very good for rock and jazz, imo, especially with vocals. I don't notice much difference with an amp other than getting fairly close to max on the volume of the clip sometimes. They're not really that hard to drive at 55 ohms. In fact I'm fairly certain that AKG went from 600ohm inpedance down to 55ohms so they could be used out of portable devices without a dedicated amp.post #7 of 128/18/12 at 6:02pmpost #8 of 128/18/12 at 8:13pmThread StarterQuote:
I prefer semi open or open cause i tried the 555s and some other mediocre open headphones and I like the way it sounds much better than closed as closed feels like im listening in a studio. Why is there a problem with open headphones?post #9 of 128/18/12 at 8:16pmQuote:
I just wanted to point out that the K240S has a closed sound without much soundstage, so you can cross that one off your list. I would go with the Audio-Technica AD700.post #10 of 128/18/12 at 9:20pmQuote:
I never noticed that. I prefer it over some more expensive closed headphones because of the better sound stage. It's a huge improvement over the v6 and other closed phones, anyway.post #11 of 128/18/12 at 10:22pm
The soundstage is by no means bad, especially when compared to closed cans under $100. But it's definitely not on the same level as open cans. And aside from the soundstage, it still has that "closed" feel.
Keep in mind that Grados also sacrifice a lot of soundstage to give you that "front row" feel.post #12 of 128/18/12 at 10:34pm
- Best Semi open or open headphones for under $100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Multi-IEM Review - 330 IEMs compared (Rock Jaw Alfa Genus added... 7 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › TEAC HA-501 Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › California Headphones Silverado impressions 4 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)