- 1 Post. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/23/12
- productKlipsch Image S4i Premium Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-Button Apple Controltagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSony XBA-1 Balanced Armature Headphones-1 Drivertagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on IEM's Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any reccomendations for me?? Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just another IEM headphone recommendation thread - subway listening... Last post on 9/29/12 at 8:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Trying to choose between Shure SE series or the Sony XBA series Last post on 7/3/14 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
best iem to purchase in storespost #1 of 38/18/12 at 1:44pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 38/18/12 at 8:01pm
The only two IEM's I bought in a store would be the LG Tone and the Klipsch S4i. Between the two, the S4i does have quite more bass impact than the Tone.
But, I would not suggest the S4i, the sound quality is sub par for the price that I paid for it, if it was closer to like 40, I would not mind it but at 100 msrp, just no.
On the other hand, the Tone, which is bluetooth, was only 45 dollars and I still am amazed at the sound, for it being bluetooth anyhow!post #3 of 38/18/12 at 8:51pm
SE215 is good and almost reached FOTM status once upon a time. However, many budget IEMs in the $40-50 range have sound quality that match the SE215s which are $100.
Klipsch S4s are very old news... they routinely go on sale on Amazon for like $50. I think they are coming out with a new model later this year. But again their sound signature is quite low-end. I'd stay away. The only Klipsch IEM that has any value in today's competition and market is their Rugged series - their value is being able to stand some physical abuse. Those and the X10s for $95 during Christmas times.
If you are going to BestBuy, I'd go for the Sony XBA1s. Quite good sound quality. Unique bland of Balanced Armature with a bit of dynamic graininess. Very well rounded sound. Plus they include a large variety of tips and are quite comfortable to wear. Amazon has them for $60, and I think BestBuy has them for $79.99. But full retail is the only deal you are gonna get at BB!.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best iem to purchase in stores
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 53 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 56 seconds ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 5 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear