- 1 Post. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/23/12
- productKlipsch Image S4i Premium Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-Button Apple Controltagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSony XBA-1 Balanced Armature Headphones-1 Drivertagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on IEM's Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any reccomendations for me?? Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just another IEM headphone recommendation thread - subway listening... Last post on 9/29/12 at 8:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Trying to choose between Shure SE series or the Sony XBA series Last post on 7/3/14 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
best iem to purchase in stores
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The only two IEM's I bought in a store would be the LG Tone and the Klipsch S4i. Between the two, the S4i does have quite more bass impact than the Tone.
But, I would not suggest the S4i, the sound quality is sub par for the price that I paid for it, if it was closer to like 40, I would not mind it but at 100 msrp, just no.
On the other hand, the Tone, which is bluetooth, was only 45 dollars and I still am amazed at the sound, for it being bluetooth anyhow!
SE215 is good and almost reached FOTM status once upon a time. However, many budget IEMs in the $40-50 range have sound quality that match the SE215s which are $100.
Klipsch S4s are very old news... they routinely go on sale on Amazon for like $50. I think they are coming out with a new model later this year. But again their sound signature is quite low-end. I'd stay away. The only Klipsch IEM that has any value in today's competition and market is their Rugged series - their value is being able to stand some physical abuse. Those and the X10s for $95 during Christmas times.
If you are going to BestBuy, I'd go for the Sony XBA1s. Quite good sound quality. Unique bland of Balanced Armature with a bit of dynamic graininess. Very well rounded sound. Plus they include a large variety of tips and are quite comfortable to wear. Amazon has them for $60, and I think BestBuy has them for $79.99. But full retail is the only deal you are gonna get at BB!.
- best iem to purchase in stores
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 41 seconds ago
- › FS: Pioneer SE-A1000 53 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › What to get to enhance phone audio? DAC/Amp? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)