- 1 Post. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/23/12
- productKlipsch Image S4i Premium Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-Button Apple Controltagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSony XBA-1 Balanced Armature Headphones-1 Drivertagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on IEM's Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any reccomendations for me?? Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just another IEM headphone recommendation thread - subway listening... Last post on 9/29/12 at 8:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Trying to choose between Shure SE series or the Sony XBA series Last post on 7/3/14 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
best iem to purchase in stores
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The only two IEM's I bought in a store would be the LG Tone and the Klipsch S4i. Between the two, the S4i does have quite more bass impact than the Tone.
But, I would not suggest the S4i, the sound quality is sub par for the price that I paid for it, if it was closer to like 40, I would not mind it but at 100 msrp, just no.
On the other hand, the Tone, which is bluetooth, was only 45 dollars and I still am amazed at the sound, for it being bluetooth anyhow!
SE215 is good and almost reached FOTM status once upon a time. However, many budget IEMs in the $40-50 range have sound quality that match the SE215s which are $100.
Klipsch S4s are very old news... they routinely go on sale on Amazon for like $50. I think they are coming out with a new model later this year. But again their sound signature is quite low-end. I'd stay away. The only Klipsch IEM that has any value in today's competition and market is their Rugged series - their value is being able to stand some physical abuse. Those and the X10s for $95 during Christmas times.
If you are going to BestBuy, I'd go for the Sony XBA1s. Quite good sound quality. Unique bland of Balanced Armature with a bit of dynamic graininess. Very well rounded sound. Plus they include a large variety of tips and are quite comfortable to wear. Amazon has them for $60, and I think BestBuy has them for $79.99. But full retail is the only deal you are gonna get at BB!.
- best iem to purchase in stores
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700x (open) vs ATH-A700x (closed) 25 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 29 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 40 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These... 1 minute ago
- › Audioquest Dragonfly v1.2 4 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 4 minutes ago
- › Advice related to AV and speakers and stuffs. 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2