- 1 Post. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/23/12
- productKlipsch Image S4i Premium Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-Button Apple Controltagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSony XBA-1 Balanced Armature Headphones-1 Drivertagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on IEM's Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any reccomendations for me?? Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just another IEM headphone recommendation thread - subway listening... Last post on 9/29/12 at 8:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Trying to choose between Shure SE series or the Sony XBA series Last post on 7/3/14 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
best iem to purchase in stores
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The only two IEM's I bought in a store would be the LG Tone and the Klipsch S4i. Between the two, the S4i does have quite more bass impact than the Tone.
But, I would not suggest the S4i, the sound quality is sub par for the price that I paid for it, if it was closer to like 40, I would not mind it but at 100 msrp, just no.
On the other hand, the Tone, which is bluetooth, was only 45 dollars and I still am amazed at the sound, for it being bluetooth anyhow!
SE215 is good and almost reached FOTM status once upon a time. However, many budget IEMs in the $40-50 range have sound quality that match the SE215s which are $100.
Klipsch S4s are very old news... they routinely go on sale on Amazon for like $50. I think they are coming out with a new model later this year. But again their sound signature is quite low-end. I'd stay away. The only Klipsch IEM that has any value in today's competition and market is their Rugged series - their value is being able to stand some physical abuse. Those and the X10s for $95 during Christmas times.
If you are going to BestBuy, I'd go for the Sony XBA1s. Quite good sound quality. Unique bland of Balanced Armature with a bit of dynamic graininess. Very well rounded sound. Plus they include a large variety of tips and are quite comfortable to wear. Amazon has them for $60, and I think BestBuy has them for $79.99. But full retail is the only deal you are gonna get at BB!.
- best iem to purchase in stores
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Need help with Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Headset and PS4 Setup 2 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 26 seconds ago
- › Best Portable DAP based on Sound Quality under $700 35 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › EROS H06 from Aigo 4 minutes ago
- › New to the HiFi world. Help with DAC/Amp for desktop speakers 4 minutes ago
- › Closed back headphone good for classical music for around €140 4 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2