Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 with 250 ohm Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E17 with 250 ohm Headphones

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

I'm thinking about getting some 250 ohm Beyerdynamic headphones and a FiiO E17.
Will this DAC/AMP be powerful enough to drive the headphones well?
(I would like to be able to use them on my desktop pc for gaming and music but also for portable mp3 players and my laptop.)

Thanks

post #2 of 6
Thread Starter 

I've read that the E17 can drive headphones up to 300 ohms but I don't know weather that is at a reasonable volume.
If anybody has any experience with headphones of this resistance with the E17 I would be very interested in their personal opinions. :)

Thanks

post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaCh View Post

I've read that the E17 can drive headphones up to 300 ohms but I don't know weather that is at a reasonable volume.
If anybody has any experience with headphones of this resistance with the E17 I would be very interested in their personal opinions. :)

Thanks

My Fiio E11 can decently drive my 250-Ohm headphones and I believe the E17's amp. is almost as good as the E11's.

post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

My Fiio E11 can decently drive my 250-Ohm headphones and I believe the E17's amp. is almost as good as the E11's.

Thanks, I think I read somewhere that the E17 has the same/very similar amp to the E11 but with the added DAC and ability to charge whilst in use.
And by decently do you mean that that is the setup you use normally or that you have tried it and it's not as good as what you normally use? :)

post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaCh View Post

Thanks, I think I read somewhere that the E17 has the same/very similar amp to the E11 but with the added DAC and ability to charge whilst in use.
And by decently do you mean that that is the setup you use normally or that you have tried it and it's not as good as what you normally use? :)

It would be loud enough for normal use.

post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

It would be loud enough for normal use.

Thanks I'll probably go for it. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 with 250 ohm Headphones