Hello, I am a first time poster seeking some help. I own a pair of studio beats and some sol republic amp hds. I understand that beats are not the best sounding headphones but the built in amp does provide for some punchy bass. The amps hds are decent, but right out of the package the right ear phone crackles. I can return my amps, so I am looking for good earphones for $100 with a build quality and bass as good if not better than the amps hds for the same price. Thank you in advance for anyone who tends to my sound quality woes.
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productFischer Audio Eternatagged by System, 8/23/12
- productFischer Audio Genesistagged by System, 8/23/12
- productHippo VBtagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/23/12
- productMEElectronics A161 In-Ear Noise-Canceling Headphones with Balanced Armature Technologytagged by System, 8/23/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSOL REPUBLIC Amps Red In-Ear Headphones with Inline Microphone and Remotetagged by System, 8/23/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 8/23/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- In-Ears for travel under $150 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The nice thing about being last on the tour is that I have the benefit of completely broken in equipment. The new smell and feel is gone. Gone through many miles and air flights, and USPS trucks...
A web of controversy: The usual suspect of "snake oil items" Audioquest has established itself as a notorious company, solely focused on the manufacture of "state of the art" Hi-fi,...
Sennheiser has launched an excellent closed back over ear headphone which has the premium sound of the legendary hd 5 series but instead of the traditional open back design this has a closed back...
I was never a really big fan of on-ear or supra-aural headphones in the past. They always seemed to be uncomfortable or not offer a proper seal granting the full sound or decent noise isolation....
This has been called beats for audiophiles. It has great sound, is neutral and detailed, but they are glossy and fairly fashionable. In general, I like a V shape and listen to hardcore, metal,...
Looking for quality Earphones or IEMS for $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 58/18/12 at 9:18am
It depends and ranges with the type of the sound signature you need.
If you need balanced/analytical sound the best bet would be Rockit sounds R-50 which is 120$ , but the extra 20$ is more than worth to spend. Imo it easily beats my Westone 3 which costs around 300$, the non-fatiguing highs, amazing mids and good bass not much in height but in depth, it is a good fun sounding IEM. If you need accuracy, detailing this is the best bet but the bass would not be enough if you are a bass head.
If you cant afford the extra 20$, you can go for Meelectronics A161P, the same sound signature as above, but it includes a mic and the best customer/warranty service you can ever get.
Another option would be vsonic GR 06, having a good mid centric signature, and very good sound stage and airyness for the price, it better suits for one who have no opinion of which signature to choose.
If youre a bass head, Yamaha EPH-100 would be the best choice, having the best bass response in good depth and height but also having , very good noise isolation, and a durable cable.
Edited by hitme987 - 8/18/12 at 9:21ampost #3 of 58/18/12 at 10:26am
I'm down with everything the above poster said except the best balanced/accurate earphone. I think the Etymotic HF5 is definitely the best accurate earphone you can get in the $100-$150 price range. There's really not many other earphones that are more accurate and neutral than the Etymotic.post #4 of 58/18/12 at 11:07amThread Starterpost #5 of 58/18/12 at 11:15am
For bassheads, Hippo VB is very good. Bass reaches very deep and has strong impact. The bass is also adjustable. Overall it is quite warm, musical with decent detail and great bass.
Fischer Audio Eterna and Genesis are good choices as well. I owned the Genesis and I enjoyed the bass a lot. Sadly I lost it :(Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for quality Earphones or IEMS for $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 5 seconds ago
- › Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro 13 seconds ago
- › Shure 535 legit? 22 seconds ago
- › Adam F5, Paradigm Shift A2, Vanatoo T1? 1 minute ago
- › Moon Audio Silver Dragon, for Focal Utopia 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › IC: Hifiman RE-600S V2 - Excellent Condition 3 minutes ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by Sam20
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear