Hello, I am a first time poster seeking some help. I own a pair of studio beats and some sol republic amp hds. I understand that beats are not the best sounding headphones but the built in amp does provide for some punchy bass. The amps hds are decent, but right out of the package the right ear phone crackles. I can return my amps, so I am looking for good earphones for $100 with a build quality and bass as good if not better than the amps hds for the same price. Thank you in advance for anyone who tends to my sound quality woes.
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productFischer Audio Eternatagged by System, 8/23/12
- productFischer Audio Genesistagged by System, 8/23/12
- productHippo VBtagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/23/12
- productMEElectronics A161 In-Ear Noise-Canceling Headphones with Balanced Armature Technologytagged by System, 8/23/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSOL REPUBLIC Amps Red In-Ear Headphones with Inline Microphone and Remotetagged by System, 8/23/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 8/23/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- In-Ears for travel under $150 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEMs after S4i Breakage Last post on 9/16/12 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Looking for quality Earphones or IEMS for $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It depends and ranges with the type of the sound signature you need.
If you need balanced/analytical sound the best bet would be Rockit sounds R-50 which is 120$ , but the extra 20$ is more than worth to spend. Imo it easily beats my Westone 3 which costs around 300$, the non-fatiguing highs, amazing mids and good bass not much in height but in depth, it is a good fun sounding IEM. If you need accuracy, detailing this is the best bet but the bass would not be enough if you are a bass head.
If you cant afford the extra 20$, you can go for Meelectronics A161P, the same sound signature as above, but it includes a mic and the best customer/warranty service you can ever get.
Another option would be vsonic GR 06, having a good mid centric signature, and very good sound stage and airyness for the price, it better suits for one who have no opinion of which signature to choose.
If youre a bass head, Yamaha EPH-100 would be the best choice, having the best bass response in good depth and height but also having , very good noise isolation, and a durable cable.
Edited by hitme987 - 8/18/12 at 9:21am
I'm down with everything the above poster said except the best balanced/accurate earphone. I think the Etymotic HF5 is definitely the best accurate earphone you can get in the $100-$150 price range. There's really not many other earphones that are more accurate and neutral than the Etymotic.
For bassheads, Hippo VB is very good. Bass reaches very deep and has strong impact. The bass is also adjustable. Overall it is quite warm, musical with decent detail and great bass.
Fischer Audio Eterna and Genesis are good choices as well. I owned the Genesis and I enjoyed the bass a lot. Sadly I lost it :(
- Looking for quality Earphones or IEMS for $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best Headphones under $200? 32 seconds ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Spirit Classic First Look - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMan HE-500 in Pristine Condition 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000 wood cups and angled pads 5 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 5 minutes ago
- › ### Amp/Dac under $400 ### 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)