Hello, I am a first time poster seeking some help. I own a pair of studio beats and some sol republic amp hds. I understand that beats are not the best sounding headphones but the built in amp does provide for some punchy bass. The amps hds are decent, but right out of the package the right ear phone crackles. I can return my amps, so I am looking for good earphones for $100 with a build quality and bass as good if not better than the amps hds for the same price. Thank you in advance for anyone who tends to my sound quality woes.
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productFischer Audio Eternatagged by System, 8/23/12
- productFischer Audio Genesistagged by System, 8/23/12
- productHippo VBtagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/23/12
- productMEElectronics A161 In-Ear Noise-Canceling Headphones with Balanced Armature Technologytagged by System, 8/23/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSOL REPUBLIC Amps Red In-Ear Headphones with Inline Microphone and Remotetagged by System, 8/23/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 8/23/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- In-Ears for travel under $150 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEMs after S4i Breakage Last post on 9/16/12 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Looking for quality Earphones or IEMS for $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It depends and ranges with the type of the sound signature you need.
If you need balanced/analytical sound the best bet would be Rockit sounds R-50 which is 120$ , but the extra 20$ is more than worth to spend. Imo it easily beats my Westone 3 which costs around 300$, the non-fatiguing highs, amazing mids and good bass not much in height but in depth, it is a good fun sounding IEM. If you need accuracy, detailing this is the best bet but the bass would not be enough if you are a bass head.
If you cant afford the extra 20$, you can go for Meelectronics A161P, the same sound signature as above, but it includes a mic and the best customer/warranty service you can ever get.
Another option would be vsonic GR 06, having a good mid centric signature, and very good sound stage and airyness for the price, it better suits for one who have no opinion of which signature to choose.
If youre a bass head, Yamaha EPH-100 would be the best choice, having the best bass response in good depth and height but also having , very good noise isolation, and a durable cable.
Edited by hitme987 - 8/18/12 at 9:21am
I'm down with everything the above poster said except the best balanced/accurate earphone. I think the Etymotic HF5 is definitely the best accurate earphone you can get in the $100-$150 price range. There's really not many other earphones that are more accurate and neutral than the Etymotic.
For bassheads, Hippo VB is very good. Bass reaches very deep and has strong impact. The bass is also adjustable. Overall it is quite warm, musical with decent detail and great bass.
Fischer Audio Eterna and Genesis are good choices as well. I owned the Genesis and I enjoyed the bass a lot. Sadly I lost it :(
- Looking for quality Earphones or IEMS for $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 20 seconds ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 21 seconds ago
- › Motorcycle-Fi 43 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 50 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Need help in choosing under 30$ IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ever seen a pair of Sony MDR-CD3000s go for $60? 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob