I am looking for some good IEM's for dubstep, i like heavy bass with clear highs. Budget is around $300 (although if there are some good ones a little more expensive feel free to include them)
Related Forum Threads
- Ultimate Ears Super Fi Pro - sound in the right housing seems to be "quieter" and less... Last post on 7/30/12 at 4:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure, revisited Last post on 1/21/12 at 6:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mods Please Delete Last post on 9/13/11 at 5:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from Klipsch Image-S4 Last post on 7/23/11 at 7:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate ears I saw at the store but couldn't identify (no time) Last post on 5/29/11 at 12:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Good IEM for Dubstep
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 168/17/12 at 9:46pmpost #3 of 169/4/12 at 10:08ampost #4 of 169/4/12 at 11:00amQuote:
"heavy bass with clear highs" -----------> JVC FX700.post #5 of 169/4/12 at 6:07pmpost #6 of 169/4/12 at 9:04pmpost #7 of 169/4/12 at 9:22pmpost #8 of 169/4/12 at 9:26pmpost #9 of 169/4/12 at 9:27pm
Haven't heard the Copper, but read that it sounds similar to the Gratitude... That said, it would work very well as well :)post #10 of 169/4/12 at 9:30pmpost #11 of 169/5/12 at 6:13pmMy monster turbine pro coppers are GREAT with dubstep and hip hop. I find mine have a deep full and rich bass, but when the highs come in, the clarity and crisp response is great. The MTPCs are a really nice IEM. But, your mileage may vary...I love them for that.
With that said, my Westone 3s take ANY kind of music and perform incredibly well. There is just a little bit more detail on my W3s.
While the MTPC IEMs are great, I carry my Westones more often because of their ability to excell with any music I want.post #12 of 169/5/12 at 7:10pmThat's easy, Atrio Future Sonics. Nothing can match the depth and impact that these bad boys have regardless of the price. The JVC are fun for the money but nothing can come close to the thump and clarity of the Atrio's. IMO you can't have a better I.E.M for dub or electronic music than the Atrio Furure Sonics. Plus if you get the 500-040 Atrio X you can get them with a inline mic and 3 button remote if that's your thing.
Good luck!post #13 of 169/5/12 at 7:39pmI should have mentioned the Munition Nines too...they pack a ton of bass without sacrificing any clarity on the high end...all into their small 9mm shell sized IEM. They have a unique but strong sound signature, and a reasonable price for the excellent quality of sound you get. They sound great with dub step, and I would recommend those with great bass.
I've got my munitio nines paired with a Fiio e11 and it's a great combo. And you'd still be under $300 with those two. If you already have a good amp, you may want to spend the extra cash on the IEMs.
From the looks of this thread, you've really got some great recommendations!
Best of luck!post #14 of 169/5/12 at 8:09pm
A have the atrio m5 with the mg7 drivers and they aren't my favourite for dubstep/ electro to be honest. I prefer the Sony mdr xb40ex IEM's they have that hard hitting sound and spacious sound. that Atrios are too closed in but the vocals are nice. bottom line is don't buy the atrios for the bass there are better out there, i would look in to the sony mdr xb90ex IEM's, apparently they are amazing.post #15 of 169/5/12 at 8:12pm
You might want to take a look at the V-Moda Vibe. I've had them (The new version with the angled plug) and they sound pretty good for dubstep (the few times I've listened to dubstep...) and other electronic music. They have deep (but not too overpowering) bass and quite crisp highs. Did I mention that they're almost indestructible?
They are only $30 from V-Moda (http://v-moda.com/vibe/)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good IEM for Dubstep
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Grado Fan Club! 32 seconds ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 37 seconds ago
- › Headphones vs Speakers -- an Inconvenient Truth 1 minute ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Jazz Recommendations from this Century 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line,... 3 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 6 minutes ago
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear