I am looking for some good IEM's for dubstep, i like heavy bass with clear highs. Budget is around $300 (although if there are some good ones a little more expensive feel free to include them)
Related Forum Threads
- Ultimate Ears Super Fi Pro - sound in the right housing seems to be "quieter" and less... Last post on 7/30/12 at 4:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure, revisited Last post on 1/21/12 at 6:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mods Please Delete Last post on 9/13/11 at 5:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from Klipsch Image-S4 Last post on 7/23/11 at 7:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate ears I saw at the store but couldn't identify (no time) Last post on 5/29/11 at 12:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Good IEM for Dubstep
Gear mentioned in this thread:
"heavy bass with clear highs" -----------> JVC FX700.
Haven't heard the Copper, but read that it sounds similar to the Gratitude... That said, it would work very well as well :)
With that said, my Westone 3s take ANY kind of music and perform incredibly well. There is just a little bit more detail on my W3s.
While the MTPC IEMs are great, I carry my Westones more often because of their ability to excell with any music I want.
I've got my munitio nines paired with a Fiio e11 and it's a great combo. And you'd still be under $300 with those two. If you already have a good amp, you may want to spend the extra cash on the IEMs.
From the looks of this thread, you've really got some great recommendations!
Best of luck!
A have the atrio m5 with the mg7 drivers and they aren't my favourite for dubstep/ electro to be honest. I prefer the Sony mdr xb40ex IEM's they have that hard hitting sound and spacious sound. that Atrios are too closed in but the vocals are nice. bottom line is don't buy the atrios for the bass there are better out there, i would look in to the sony mdr xb90ex IEM's, apparently they are amazing.
You might want to take a look at the V-Moda Vibe. I've had them (The new version with the angled plug) and they sound pretty good for dubstep (the few times I've listened to dubstep...) and other electronic music. They have deep (but not too overpowering) bass and quite crisp highs. Did I mention that they're almost indestructible?
They are only $30 from V-Moda (http://v-moda.com/vibe/)
- Good IEM for Dubstep
- › thread for fun...do you see your hearing getting lost in the future? 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)