I am looking for some good IEM's for dubstep, i like heavy bass with clear highs. Budget is around $300 (although if there are some good ones a little more expensive feel free to include them)
Related Forum Threads
- Ultimate Ears Super Fi Pro - sound in the right housing seems to be "quieter" and less... Last post on 7/30/12 at 4:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure, revisited Last post on 1/21/12 at 6:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mods Please Delete Last post on 9/13/11 at 5:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from Klipsch Image-S4 Last post on 7/23/11 at 7:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate ears I saw at the store but couldn't identify (no time) Last post on 5/29/11 at 12:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Good IEM for Dubstep
Gear mentioned in this thread:
"heavy bass with clear highs" -----------> JVC FX700.
Haven't heard the Copper, but read that it sounds similar to the Gratitude... That said, it would work very well as well :)
With that said, my Westone 3s take ANY kind of music and perform incredibly well. There is just a little bit more detail on my W3s.
While the MTPC IEMs are great, I carry my Westones more often because of their ability to excell with any music I want.
I've got my munitio nines paired with a Fiio e11 and it's a great combo. And you'd still be under $300 with those two. If you already have a good amp, you may want to spend the extra cash on the IEMs.
From the looks of this thread, you've really got some great recommendations!
Best of luck!
A have the atrio m5 with the mg7 drivers and they aren't my favourite for dubstep/ electro to be honest. I prefer the Sony mdr xb40ex IEM's they have that hard hitting sound and spacious sound. that Atrios are too closed in but the vocals are nice. bottom line is don't buy the atrios for the bass there are better out there, i would look in to the sony mdr xb90ex IEM's, apparently they are amazing.
You might want to take a look at the V-Moda Vibe. I've had them (The new version with the angled plug) and they sound pretty good for dubstep (the few times I've listened to dubstep...) and other electronic music. They have deep (but not too overpowering) bass and quite crisp highs. Did I mention that they're almost indestructible?
They are only $30 from V-Moda (http://v-moda.com/vibe/)
- Good IEM for Dubstep
- › What is this Schiit?! - constant rumbling on new Lyr 2 12 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 27 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 45 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 54 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] NVX XPT100, A direct Brainwavz HM5 competitor 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)