Go for Ultimate Ears TF10, they are very good for metal! Never heard drums so lively as it!
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productBrainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/23/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good IEMs under $30? Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good earphones for a good price? Last post on 7/14/12 at 6:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $200-$300 IEMs? Last post on 7/10/12 at 2:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEM Battle (under $40) Last post on 7/20/12 at 10:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) - Page 2post #16 of 2210/15/12 at 3:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2210/15/12 at 3:32ampost #18 of 2210/15/12 at 9:24ampost #19 of 2210/15/12 at 9:33am
I love the Ety sound with all of the metal that I listen to (which is a lot). If you can stretch to ~$100 you have the options of the R50 and the HF5. I think that either would do well. Also, if you stretch a little now, you will end up being much happier with the sound that you get.post #20 of 2210/15/12 at 3:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by potatoos
I love the Ety sound with all of the metal that I listen to (which is a lot). If you can stretch to ~$100 you have the options of the R50 and the HF5. I think that either would do well. Also, if you stretch a little now, you will end up being much happier with the sound that you get.
Agree, metal sounds good on etyspost #21 of 2210/15/12 at 4:35pm
...and i have just bought those as my first pair of iem's (not considering the iBuds
Glad to hear im not the only one thinking they are good for metal
Love the clarity and detail of the etys!
But if you would go for those earphones, they aren't bass heavy at all just saying. I like it, but some might not...post #22 of 221/18/13 at 1:50pm
I absolutely love metal on the Brainwavz B2s, it's nice to have the response of the BA drivers when you're listening to more complicated stuff (IE progressive metal) and everything just seems to sound right on them.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › IC: Mint Audeze LCD-2.2 Rosewood with Schiit UBER RCA + USB Gen 2... 16 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE60 Review and Impressions Thread ~ 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 5 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 7 minutes ago
- › High-End Budget Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Baldoor etc) and Earbud... 8 minutes ago
- › What amp to get for the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros? 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)