Go for Ultimate Ears TF10, they are very good for metal! Never heard drums so lively as it!
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productBrainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/23/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good IEMs under $30? Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good earphones for a good price? Last post on 7/14/12 at 6:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $200-$300 IEMs? Last post on 7/10/12 at 2:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEM Battle (under $40) Last post on 7/20/12 at 10:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
Shozy reached out to me and offered me a free set (just paid shipping+handling) in exchange for my review, and I gladly accepted. Many thanks to Shozy for this opportunity. Even though Shozy...
Introduction A wise man once said that in summit-fi, there are no weaknesses, only preferences. He must work in marketing. I’ve been in the head-fi game since 2012, still a relative newbie, and...
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) - Page 2post #16 of 2210/15/12 at 3:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2210/15/12 at 3:32ampost #18 of 2210/15/12 at 9:24ampost #19 of 2210/15/12 at 9:33am
I love the Ety sound with all of the metal that I listen to (which is a lot). If you can stretch to ~$100 you have the options of the R50 and the HF5. I think that either would do well. Also, if you stretch a little now, you will end up being much happier with the sound that you get.post #20 of 2210/15/12 at 3:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by potatoos
I love the Ety sound with all of the metal that I listen to (which is a lot). If you can stretch to ~$100 you have the options of the R50 and the HF5. I think that either would do well. Also, if you stretch a little now, you will end up being much happier with the sound that you get.
Agree, metal sounds good on etyspost #21 of 2210/15/12 at 4:35pm
...and i have just bought those as my first pair of iem's (not considering the iBuds
Glad to hear im not the only one thinking they are good for metal
Love the clarity and detail of the etys!
But if you would go for those earphones, they aren't bass heavy at all just saying. I like it, but some might not...post #22 of 221/18/13 at 1:50pm
I absolutely love metal on the Brainwavz B2s, it's nice to have the response of the BA drivers when you're listening to more complicated stuff (IE progressive metal) and everything just seems to sound right on them.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 4 minutes ago
- › New DAP from HisoundAudio : The Studio 6 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 9 minutes ago
- › 2016 Tokyo Spring Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 11 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 12 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse