Go for Ultimate Ears TF10, they are very good for metal! Never heard drums so lively as it!
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productBrainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/23/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good IEMs under $30? Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good earphones for a good price? Last post on 7/14/12 at 6:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $200-$300 IEMs? Last post on 7/10/12 at 2:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEM Battle (under $40) Last post on 7/20/12 at 10:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) - Page 2post #16 of 2210/15/12 at 3:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2210/15/12 at 3:32ampost #18 of 2210/15/12 at 9:24ampost #19 of 2210/15/12 at 9:33am
I love the Ety sound with all of the metal that I listen to (which is a lot). If you can stretch to ~$100 you have the options of the R50 and the HF5. I think that either would do well. Also, if you stretch a little now, you will end up being much happier with the sound that you get.post #20 of 2210/15/12 at 3:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by potatoos
I love the Ety sound with all of the metal that I listen to (which is a lot). If you can stretch to ~$100 you have the options of the R50 and the HF5. I think that either would do well. Also, if you stretch a little now, you will end up being much happier with the sound that you get.
Agree, metal sounds good on etyspost #21 of 2210/15/12 at 4:35pm
...and i have just bought those as my first pair of iem's (not considering the iBuds
Glad to hear im not the only one thinking they are good for metal
Love the clarity and detail of the etys!
But if you would go for those earphones, they aren't bass heavy at all just saying. I like it, but some might not...post #22 of 221/18/13 at 1:50pm
I absolutely love metal on the Brainwavz B2s, it's nice to have the response of the BA drivers when you're listening to more complicated stuff (IE progressive metal) and everything just seems to sound right on them.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 46 seconds ago
- › PCM/DSD streaming music transport system D100 PRO SOUNDAWARE 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 7 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 11 minutes ago
- › What amplifier to get around 100 dollars? 11 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 12 minutes ago
- › Looking for the right music gear 13 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...