Curra, you mentioned that you preferred the Octave unless you ran the AP1/PP with the Calyx, feeling no need for the Octave. But how is the AP1/PP to Octave Vs AP1/PP to Calyx?
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009: suggestions to tone down the brightness? Last post on 8/9/13 at 2:56pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Best DAC from $1500 to $2500 (or so) Can anything beat the Eastern Electric Minimax? Last post on 12/12/13 at 12:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 11/7/12 at 8:29pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) Last post on 4/21/15 at 2:03pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a great DAC to match the Cavalli Liquid Fire Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:46pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
At this point of time, iFi Audio shouldn’t need much introduction at all. The British company is the more budget oriented sister brand of the prestige Abbingdon Music Research and have made a name...
For the complete review click on the IMHO Tech Blog link.
So i bought the pistons 3 from Ibuygou.com a week ago. The unboxing experience was stellar just like the older version, I was slightly disappointed that the chocolate smell was not present. Oh...
Too lazy to write the full review yet LOL. Just posting this out first :)
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Review: Calyx DAC 24/192 - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi guys. I'm just wondering... How does compare usb to the spdif in this dac? I didn't auditioned them yet but I've heard some good opinions on this dac and few of guys said that it sounds even better via usb. Is that correct? Anyone can confirm that myth?
By the way it has pretty decent specs.
Edited by Nudel - 12/29/13 at 6:33am
- Review: Calyx DAC 24/192
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › High Fidelity 29 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 35 seconds ago
- › My first portable amplifier 35 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser RS185 Review by mark2410 39 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 56 seconds ago
- › = HE-560 Enhancement Mod (v1.5) = 1 minute ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Tzar
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by MakeTotlDestroy
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by Sentinei
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2