Curra, you mentioned that you preferred the Octave unless you ran the AP1/PP with the Calyx, feeling no need for the Octave. But how is the AP1/PP to Octave Vs AP1/PP to Calyx?
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009: suggestions to tone down the brightness? Last post on 8/9/13 at 2:56pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Best DAC from $1500 to $2500 (or so) Can anything beat the Eastern Electric Minimax? Last post on 12/12/13 at 12:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 11/7/12 at 8:29pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) Last post on 6/19/15 at 1:01am in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a great DAC to match the Cavalli Liquid Fire Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:46pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Review: Calyx DAC 24/192 - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi guys. I'm just wondering... How does compare usb to the spdif in this dac? I didn't auditioned them yet but I've heard some good opinions on this dac and few of guys said that it sounds even better via usb. Is that correct? Anyone can confirm that myth?
By the way it has pretty decent specs.
Edited by Nudel - 12/29/13 at 6:33am
I know this thread is years old, but I purchased a Calyx 24/192 a few months ago and find it to be quite musical and moving emotionally. The posts about connecting it to the Audiophilleo and the vast improvement got me wondering; what amp was the music coming out of and through what speakers? Anyone care to respond? I have a Marantz PM 11S3 integrated amp and Monitor Audio RX 6 speakers and my music sounds wonderful to me. I listen to classical, Gospel, soundtracks, Christmas, jazz, country, new age, Celtic, R&B, Rock, Blues, Pop, and even a touch of electronica. I'm not saying every song sounds 1st class because not all music is mastered equally, but I thoroughly enjoy ALL of my music. Even most of my mp3 downloads sound astonishingly better than I've ever heard them sound before. I frequently find myself sitting with a stupid "WOW" grin on my face with my feet tapping. Whatever your end choice I hope you all have found musical bliss.
- Review: Calyx DAC 24/192
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 42 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › Velour/Felt Pads for ATH-M50? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 5 minutes ago
- › Apogee Groove Dac / Headphone Amp 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)