Curra, you mentioned that you preferred the Octave unless you ran the AP1/PP with the Calyx, feeling no need for the Octave. But how is the AP1/PP to Octave Vs AP1/PP to Calyx?
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009: suggestions to tone down the brightness? Last post on 8/9/13 at 2:56pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Best DAC from $1500 to $2500 (or so) Can anything beat the Eastern Electric Minimax? Last post on 12/12/13 at 12:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 11/7/12 at 8:29pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) Last post on 8/27/15 at 5:30am in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a great DAC to match the Cavalli Liquid Fire Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:46pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Review: Calyx DAC 24/192 - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi guys. I'm just wondering... How does compare usb to the spdif in this dac? I didn't auditioned them yet but I've heard some good opinions on this dac and few of guys said that it sounds even better via usb. Is that correct? Anyone can confirm that myth?
By the way it has pretty decent specs.
Edited by Nudel - 12/29/13 at 6:33am
I know this thread is years old, but I purchased a Calyx 24/192 a few months ago and find it to be quite musical and moving emotionally. The posts about connecting it to the Audiophilleo and the vast improvement got me wondering; what amp was the music coming out of and through what speakers? Anyone care to respond? I have a Marantz PM 11S3 integrated amp and Monitor Audio RX 6 speakers and my music sounds wonderful to me. I listen to classical, Gospel, soundtracks, Christmas, jazz, country, new age, Celtic, R&B, Rock, Blues, Pop, and even a touch of electronica. I'm not saying every song sounds 1st class because not all music is mastered equally, but I thoroughly enjoy ALL of my music. Even most of my mp3 downloads sound astonishingly better than I've ever heard them sound before. I frequently find myself sitting with a stupid "WOW" grin on my face with my feet tapping. Whatever your end choice I hope you all have found musical bliss.
- Review: Calyx DAC 24/192
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to... 2 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 22 seconds ago
- › is it ok to like gaming headsets for voice comms during... 30 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :) 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 2 minutes ago
- › Review: MEElectronics HT-21 – Loud & Clear! 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2