Just like the title says. Im not partial to any brands or fit so anything goes.My spending limit is 300$.
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 8/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please help me choose some headphones Last post on 11/6/12 at 7:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Detailed Closed Cans under (around) $300 Last post on 12/15/12 at 7:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
Want to get new headphones over the 200$ range. Any suggestions?post #1 of 48/17/12 at 3:37pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 48/17/12 at 3:52pm
1.) AKG K271 MK II @ $230
2.) AKG Q701 @ $269
Slight upgrade to the AKG K271
3.) AKG K550 @ $299
Awesome headphones with a really nice neutral sound that will be pleasant to listen to for a ton of genres of music.
4.) beyerdynamic DT1350 @ $300
These would be more for portable use, but work well at home.
Out of all of the aforementioned headphones I highly suggest the AKG K550.post #3 of 48/17/12 at 4:09pm
The Sennheiser 598 HD is around $250 on Amazon. I just bought a pair myself, super comfy, and sound great. They don't have a ton of bass though, at least not with the amp/DAC I'm using, so if you're a bass head I would suggest looking elsewhere.
- Want to get new headphones over the 200$ range. Any suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Assembled Objective2 without Enclosure 19 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › ELE DAC Support and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 3 minutes ago
- › Best portable dac/amp or just amp for IEM's? 4 minutes ago
- › Windows always defaults to 5.1... 4 minutes ago
- › Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet Hosted By Overture Audio, Ann... 4 minutes ago
- › 2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2