Just like the title says. Im not partial to any brands or fit so anything goes.My spending limit is 300$.
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 8/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please help me choose some headphones Last post on 11/6/12 at 7:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Detailed Closed Cans under (around) $300 Last post on 12/15/12 at 7:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
Want to get new headphones over the 200$ range. Any suggestions?post #1 of 48/17/12 at 3:37pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 48/17/12 at 3:52pm
1.) AKG K271 MK II @ $230
2.) AKG Q701 @ $269
Slight upgrade to the AKG K271
3.) AKG K550 @ $299
Awesome headphones with a really nice neutral sound that will be pleasant to listen to for a ton of genres of music.
4.) beyerdynamic DT1350 @ $300
These would be more for portable use, but work well at home.
Out of all of the aforementioned headphones I highly suggest the AKG K550.post #3 of 48/17/12 at 4:09pm
The Sennheiser 598 HD is around $250 on Amazon. I just bought a pair myself, super comfy, and sound great. They don't have a ton of bass though, at least not with the amp/DAC I'm using, so if you're a bass head I would suggest looking elsewhere.
- Want to get new headphones over the 200$ range. Any suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Three Word Story 30 seconds ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 39 seconds ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 1 minute ago
- › Best desktop speakers that have XLR ins? 2 minutes ago
- › Shure 1840 w/Original Box, Accessoires and Invoice 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 = Waste of Money (and general discussion) 7 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 8 minutes ago
- › ZuperDac Crowd Funding. 9 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2