Just like the title says. Im not partial to any brands or fit so anything goes.My spending limit is 300$.
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 8/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please help me choose some headphones Last post on 11/6/12 at 7:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detailed Closed Cans under (around) $300 Last post on 12/15/12 at 7:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- In need of headphones + amp for under 175$ Last post on 12/1/12 at 12:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: Today
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
Want to get new headphones over the 200$ range. Any suggestions?post #1 of 48/17/12 at 3:37pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 48/17/12 at 3:52pm
1.) AKG K271 MK II @ $230
2.) AKG Q701 @ $269
Slight upgrade to the AKG K271
3.) AKG K550 @ $299
Awesome headphones with a really nice neutral sound that will be pleasant to listen to for a ton of genres of music.
4.) beyerdynamic DT1350 @ $300
These would be more for portable use, but work well at home.
Out of all of the aforementioned headphones I highly suggest the AKG K550.post #3 of 48/17/12 at 4:09pm
The Sennheiser 598 HD is around $250 on Amazon. I just bought a pair myself, super comfy, and sound great. They don't have a ton of bass though, at least not with the amp/DAC I'm using, so if you're a bass head I would suggest looking elsewhere.
- Want to get new headphones over the 200$ range. Any suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › Weller WSD-81 soldering station (BRAND NEW)(PRICE DROP) 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Great Rock Albums! 3 minutes ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 3 minutes ago
- › Amp/dac for disappointed HD800 owner 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)