Just like the title says. Im not partial to any brands or fit so anything goes.My spending limit is 300$.
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 8/23/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please help me choose some headphones Last post on 11/6/12 at 7:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Detailed Closed Cans under (around) $300 Last post on 12/15/12 at 7:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
Want to get new headphones over the 200$ range. Any suggestions?post #1 of 48/17/12 at 3:37pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 48/17/12 at 3:52pm
1.) AKG K271 MK II @ $230
2.) AKG Q701 @ $269
Slight upgrade to the AKG K271
3.) AKG K550 @ $299
Awesome headphones with a really nice neutral sound that will be pleasant to listen to for a ton of genres of music.
4.) beyerdynamic DT1350 @ $300
These would be more for portable use, but work well at home.
Out of all of the aforementioned headphones I highly suggest the AKG K550.post #3 of 48/17/12 at 4:09pm
The Sennheiser 598 HD is around $250 on Amazon. I just bought a pair myself, super comfy, and sound great. They don't have a ton of bass though, at least not with the amp/DAC I'm using, so if you're a bass head I would suggest looking elsewhere.
- Want to get new headphones over the 200$ range. Any suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 57 seconds ago
- › Output tubes matched pairs: Amperex 7189, Amperex 1950's EL84,... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Grado GS2000e Loaner program 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 4 minutes ago
- › Bug head emperor player - audiophile player from Japan 4 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor) 4 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH IM50, great sound, bad fit (First post) 5 minutes ago
- › Another flaw of blind tests? 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...