Just like the title says. Im not partial to any brands or fit so anything goes.My spending limit is 300$.
Related Forum Threads
- Please help me choose some headphones Last post on 11/6/12 at 7:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detailed Closed Cans under (around) $300 Last post on 12/15/12 at 7:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- In need of headphones + amp for under 175$ Last post on 12/1/12 at 12:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
Want to get new headphones over the 200$ range. Any suggestions?post #1 of 48/17/12 at 3:37pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 48/17/12 at 3:52pm
1.) AKG K271 MK II @ $230
2.) AKG Q701 @ $269
Slight upgrade to the AKG K271
3.) AKG K550 @ $299
Awesome headphones with a really nice neutral sound that will be pleasant to listen to for a ton of genres of music.
4.) beyerdynamic DT1350 @ $300
These would be more for portable use, but work well at home.
Out of all of the aforementioned headphones I highly suggest the AKG K550.post #3 of 48/17/12 at 4:09pm
The Sennheiser 598 HD is around $250 on Amazon. I just bought a pair myself, super comfy, and sound great. They don't have a ton of bass though, at least not with the amp/DAC I'm using, so if you're a bass head I would suggest looking elsewhere.
- Want to get new headphones over the 200$ range. Any suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › 2359glenn | studio 7 seconds ago
- › VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and... 1 minute ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 4 minutes ago
- › Desktop Amp/DAC (+ Bass Boost) for PSB M4U1? 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Durable, Heavy-Duty wireless circumaural headset 7 minutes ago
- › Dont like IEMs. Any 'earbuds' out there in the $25-30 range ? 7 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5 portable amplifier appreciation + discussion thread... 8 minutes ago
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe