Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Signature DJ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Signature DJ - Page 42

post #616 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


I'm really not trying to "stir the pot", just asking to gain knowledge.  I can hear a huge difference between headphones and differences between music file types as well amps, but cables???

Go check out one of the Cable & Tweaks threads. People definitely DO believe they make not only an audible difference, but a rather startling one. Pure Silver has one sound characteristic (sweeter, more transparent highs), Copper Cables another, and even Silver Plated Copper Hybrids which have another sound quality altogether (Sweet Highs plus better Bass than pure Silver) etc.  I'm not sure I buy it myself, but I went with SPC on my last custom cable. I'd think gauge would be more of a consideration once you get past OFC Copper. 

post #617 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

Go check out one of the Cable & Tweaks threads. People definitely DO believe they make not only an audible difference, but a rather startling one. Pure Silver has one sound characteristic (sweeter, more transparent highs), Copper Cables another, and even Silver Plated Copper Hybrids which have another sound quality altogether (Sweet Highs plus better Bass than pure Silver) etc.  I'm not sure I buy it myself, but I went with SPC on my last custom cable. I'd think gauge would be more of a consideration once you get past OFC Copper. 

 

Then have a read of Tyll's article of cables :-) :-

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-cable-measurements-part-one

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-cable-measurements-wrap

 

At the end of the day, one would just have to make up their own mind.

 

P.S. I still (do) buy cables. Just not for the SigDJs

post #618 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

Then have a read of Tyll's article of cables :-) :-

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-cable-measurements-part-one

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-cable-measurements-wrap

 

At the end of the day, one would just have to make up their own mind.

 

P.S. I still (do) buy cables. Just not for the SigDJs

 

I was just going to provide those links! lol

Anyway, will probably get my Sig DJs next week! w00t!

post #619 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

Then have a read of Tyll's article of cables :-) :-

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-cable-measurements-part-one

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-cable-measurements-wrap

 

At the end of the day, one would just have to make up their own mind.

 

P.S. I still (do) buy cables. Just not for the SigDJs

Thanks for the link. I agree with him. Bottom line: Maybe... Decide for yourself but don't expect miracles and don't spend too much $$$. 

post #620 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

Go check out one of the Cable & Tweaks threads. People definitely DO believe they make not only an audible difference, but a rather startling one.


Some people do. Others know that the difference between expensive cables and coat hanger wire are inaudible.

 

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/general-av-discussions/2512-speakers%3B-when-good-enough-enough-3.html#post15412

post #621 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkanai View Post


Some people do. Others know that the difference between expensive cables and coat hanger wire are inaudible.

 

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/general-av-discussions/2512-speakers%3B-when-good-enough-enough-3.html#post15412

Ha! That's awesome.  tongue.gif

post #622 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

Thanks for the link. I agree with him. Bottom line: Maybe... Decide for yourself but don't expect miracles and don't spend too much $$$. 

 

I think this is a pretty good over arching statement. It seems whenever people talk about this, everyone has an opinion and everyone wants to toss theirs out and why it's superior to everyone else's. In spirit of that I'd like to say a few notes:

 

1. Sometimes buying headphone cables can be superior due to their overall 'feel'. For example the stock hifiman he-500 cable is stiff, microphonic and is far too uncomfortable to use (i.e. non sound quality issues)

2. Sometimes they provide extra functionality (e.g. a balanced Sennheiser HD650 cable

 

 

I tried to get through that without interjecting my personal opinion. 

post #623 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

Then have a read of Tyll's article of cables :-) :-

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-cable-measurements-part-one

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-cable-measurements-wrap

 

At the end of the day, one would just have to make up their own mind.

 

P.S. I still (do) buy cables. Just not for the SigDJs


Thank you for the link.  It was exactly what I was looking for.

post #624 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

I think this is a pretty good over arching statement. It seems whenever people talk about this, everyone has an opinion and everyone wants to toss theirs out and why it's superior to everyone else's. In spirit of that I'd like to say a few notes:

 

1. Sometimes buying headphone cables can be superior due to their overall 'feel'. For example the stock hifiman he-500 cable is stiff, microphonic and is far too uncomfortable to use (i.e. non sound quality issues)

2. Sometimes they provide extra functionality (e.g. a balanced Sennheiser HD650 cable

 

 

I tried to get through that without interjecting my personal opinion. 

Those are two excellent reasons to upgrade your cable. First thing I did when I got my HE500s was order a new cable...

post #625 of 2020
For the original cable, advantage is it is soft so it is possible to wrap around. So I am keeping it as a spare cable within my package. I also purchased the Oyaide copper cable for US$60 (6% cost of Signature DJ). My ears are not expert but feel that the delivery of sound is slightly better when comparing the 2 cables (completely my feelings only). Of course, for HIFI system with long cables, difference in sound quality will be more obvious as compared to 1.3m headphone cable.
post #626 of 2020

We are now taking an original Hummer and trying to make a civilian vehicle out of it. Lets  not forget its original purpose . LOUD/ GREAT QUALITY SOUND/ COMFORTABLE TO WEAR with great sound isolation for mixing. I will soon give my review as a professional DJ who plays out 3-4 times a week and personally tested top notch DJ Headphones at the fraction of the price.

post #627 of 2020

If anyone has the misconception due the the DJ moniker that these are limited to genres like EDM and pop,  I am listening to Tom Petty and being blown away, as in getting chills as if I was listening to "Don't Come Around Here No More" for the first time.  I also retract my past comment about recessed male vocals.  I have been A/Bing with my home theater system which is a cacophany of classic speakers that sound fantastic together:  Old-school Advent Maestro tower speakers, B&W center channel, Wharfdale surrounds and a monster Klipsch subwoofer with dual 12" speakers, Onkyo receiver.  The Signature DJ comes closer than any headphone I have ever heard to the sound of my home theater system. 

 

P.S. apologies to bareyb who is probably already bubbling over with anticipation and camped out waiting for the FedEx delivery wink_face.gif


Edited by Craigster75 - 3/19/13 at 3:38pm
post #628 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

If anyone has the misconception due the the DJ moniker that these are limited to genres like EDM and pop,  I am listening to Tom Petty and being blown away, as in getting chills as if I was listening to "Don't Come Around Here No More" for the first time.  I also retract my past comment about recessed male vocals.  I have been A/Bing with my home theater system which is a cacophany of classic speakers that sound fantastic together:  Old-school Advent Maestro tower speakers, B&W center channel, Wharfdale surrounds and a monster Klipsch subwoofer with dual 12" speakers, Onkyo receiver.  The Signature DJ comes closer than any headphone I have ever heard to the sound of my home theater system. 

 

P.S. apologies to bareyb who is probably already bubbling over with anticipation and camped out waiting for the FedEx delivery wink_face.gif

Damn right I am. The anticipation is KILLING ME...B&H Photo is requiring a signature so I'm working from Home tomorrow to make sure I'm there. Unfortunately, I have an outside commitment between Noon and 2:00 p.m. and with my luck Ed (My UPS guy) will show up during those two hours.... Then I guess I'll just have to drive around the neighborhood and track him down. wink.gif

 

UPDATE: Woo-Hoo! Ed (UPS) just came by with another package and promised me he'd come after 2:00 p.m. 


Edited by bareyb - 3/19/13 at 7:44pm
post #629 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

 

I believe these are the ones:

 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=ultrasone+oyaide&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=ultrasone+oyaide&_sacat=0

 

 

They've been available from ebay for awhile, so I'm sure there's a few vendors with them. I didn't know that cable was removable. It sticks down a bit off the cup though. Is that uncomfortable at all? 

My friend help me to buy oyaide cable from the link. Below :

 

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/chuya-online/item/70943/

post #630 of 2020

BTW,

 

I recently asked Ultrasone if they had pads available for the Signature Pro and Signature DJs since they don't appear on their pages. Someone just contacted me with the following:

 

Quote:

Hello,

 

Unfortunately at this time we do not have them listed on the web store, however we do have them if you should need a pair. Check back on the web store by next month and they will be available.

 

 

So check in next month!

 

(oh and it's official! My Sig DJs are on the way!!! w00t!!!!!!!!!)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Signature DJ