Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Signature DJ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Signature DJ - Page 22

post #316 of 2120
Quote:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaglebob View Post

Would this be considered a basshead can?

 

Originally Posted by Mortalcoil View Post
 

 

From impressions so far could well be. 

 

I usually find this kinda question hard to answer 'cos it's all relative (unless there's some specs somewhere that defines "basshead" cans to be +dB from xHz -> yHz?).

 

Again, relatively, there is bass in these headphones more than the SigPros IMHO (need to really confirm when a proper SigPro is sent to me). But bear in mind that the SigDJs are released with a bunch of other new headphones from other companies so relatively, it may not necessarily be the most bass-heavy amongst its new peers (or competitors I should say).

 

If you look at the V-Moda M-100 thread (which the M-100 already has quite a lot of bass), owners are further adding Digizoid to the chain! So I think the definition of "basshead" is changing still.

post #317 of 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaglebob View Post

Would this be considered a basshead can?


Since the bass extends deeper than the Sig Pro according to AnakChan's review and the Sig Pro is no slouch in the bass department, I would say yes.  The question for me is if the "basshead" level is M80ish or PRO700MK2ish.  I would prefer the latter if I am going all out for a basshead can.

post #318 of 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

I usually find this kinda question hard to answer 'cos it's all relative (unless there's some specs somewhere that defines "basshead" cans to be +dB from xHz -> yHz?).

 

Again, relatively, there is bass in these headphones more than the SigPros IMHO (need to really confirm when a proper SigPro is sent to me). But bear in mind that the SigDJs are released with a bunch of other new headphones from other companies so relatively, it may not necessarily be the most bass-heavy amongst its new peers (or competitors I should say).

 

If you look at the V-Moda M-100 thread (which the M-100 already has quite a lot of bass), owners are further adding Digizoid to the chain! So I think the definition of "basshead" is changing still.

Oh really? Because I heard that the M-100 are neutral.

 

I will be adding digizoid to my next cans but I also have the walkman app on my Sony Xperia tablet S that does an incredible job of bass boosting and boosting overall clarity so I'm pretty sure that maybe should I buy the sig Dj that I will definitely have enough bass.


Edited by sneaglebob - 11/10/12 at 7:58pm
post #319 of 2120

Screw-it guys. My headphone budget from my wife is $300 monthly and I've waited that long on RMC. I've got 'em coming overnight from B&H, and if they magically appear at RMC, well by god, I will just return 'em to B&H. I have to hear these things. Now. 

post #320 of 2120

Read my mind man! I think I'm going to be cancelling the order... Those are $700 tied right now... Let us know how they sound.

post #321 of 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

Read my mind man! I think I'm going to be cancelling the order... Those are $700 tied right now... Let us know how they sound.


I don't think it is directly RMC's fault.  I think they ruffled some feathers at Ultrasone by offering at a great price.

post #322 of 2120
Thread Starter 

yea, that price, just too good to be true. 

post #323 of 2120
Thread Starter 

anyone got it? 

post #324 of 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

Read my mind man! I think I'm going to be cancelling the order... Those are $700 tied right now... Let us know how they sound.

You got it! Just as soon as I can. I'll post impressions at unboxing through burn. I know you guys are anxious. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


I don't think it is directly RMC's fault.  I think they ruffled some feathers at Ultrasone by offering at a great price.

 

Very possibly. All I know is they are available, and RMC doesn't have 'em. They ordered from the beginning. If anyone should have them, it's RMC. Time is money. The upcharge I am paying evens out due to the lack of RMC's availability. Too bad :(

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhuang View Post

anyone got it? 

 

ME! TOMORROW!

post #325 of 2120
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

 

ME! TOMORROW!

 

 

congrats.  picture please

post #326 of 2120
You got it. Delivery confirmed 10:30am as of now. I'll keep you guys up.
post #327 of 2120

SigPro's mids and treble are quite similar to Ed9, Ed9's got more bass.

post #328 of 2120

700

 

First of all, I do not have the Sig Pro up here at work to compare, that will come later. 

 

First thing I noticed was that they felt lighter to me, and cheaper feeling than the Sig Pro. Pics later, but the 1/8" supplied cable is really dinky, and has an inline volume control which I don't like. 

 

My out-of-the-box impressions are done at low level while I start burn in. These have the Sig Pro sound to them for sure. I think I can safely say this is what I was hoping for. Big, detailed bass, nice and tight. Smooth mids that are still enveloping, while being a tad recessed, and a smooth and detailed high end that is NOT bright at all. The whole thing is borderline dark, but they pulled it off to where it's just not. I think they absolutely NAILED it! Overall the sound is tight, smooth, controlled. I am impressed with the effortlessness of the bass, while keeping the detail and texture. It's possible the bass is as detailed as the SP. It's definitely impressive, can't wait to compare. For now, I'm having loads of fun with these. 

post #329 of 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

 

First of all, I do not have the Sig Pro up here at work to compare, that will come later. 

 

First thing I noticed was that they felt lighter to me, and cheaper feeling than the Sig Pro. Pics later, but the 1/8" supplied cable is really dinky, and has an inline volume control which I don't like. 

 

My out-of-the-box impressions are done at low level while I start burn in. These have the Sig Pro sound to them for sure. I think I can safely say this is what I was hoping for. Big, detailed bass, nice and tight. Smooth mids that are still enveloping, while being a tad recessed, and a smooth and detailed high end that is NOT bright at all. The whole thing is borderline dark, but they pulled it off to where it's just not. I think they absolutely NAILED it! Overall the sound is tight, smooth, controlled. I am impressed with the effortlessness of the bass, while keeping the detail and texture. It's possible the bass is as detailed as the SP. It's definitely impressive, can't wait to compare. For now, I'm having loads of fun with these. 

 

So, for all intents and purposes, it's an improved Pro 900?

post #330 of 2120

Looking forward to your impressions post burn-in SF. I have had the SigDJs loaner for 3 weeks now but not re-opened it since my initial review 2 weeks back. I did manage to exchange the SigPro for a "better" one. Quite funny that when I told the distributor I felt the one I had didn't sound right they took 2 other SigPros out and all 3 had different sounds. So I picked the best of the lot to bring home to do a SigDJ/SigPro face-off.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Signature DJ