And I really do want refinement. It's why I couldn't make the Pro 900 work with EQ. SDJ could be it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Would you sell your whole collection for just one SR009/amp Last post on 2/4/14 at 7:28am in High-end Audio Forum
- History of headphones - a good article Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Need to know the dimmensions for a couplee electroatactic headphones amplifiers Last post on 9/20/12 at 2:03pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Ultrasone Signature DJ - Page 21post #301 of 143011/8/12 at 7:46pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #302 of 143011/8/12 at 7:52pmpost #303 of 143011/8/12 at 7:55pmQuote:
LOL ....Smartypantspost #304 of 143011/8/12 at 8:00pmQuote:
@AnakChan- Would it be possible for you to rank overall bass presence/impact/punch for the following:
M-100post #305 of 143011/8/12 at 8:03pmQuote:
I can be ok with recessed mids for this purpose. Normally I like pretty solid mids, like the SigPro. But for my purposes with the SigDJ, recessed is fine, as long as that doesn't leave the highs out there being too much. As long as the bass is tight, mids sound natural, and the highs sparkle without getting fatiguing at loud volumes, I am in.post #306 of 143011/9/12 at 1:48amQuote:Originally Posted by SoundFreaq
I can be ok with recessed mids for this purpose. Normally I like pretty solid mids, like the SigPro. But for my purposes with the SigDJ, recessed is fine, as long as that doesn't leave the highs out there being too much. As long as the bass is tight, mids sound natural, and the highs sparkle without getting fatiguing at loud volumes, I am in.
Good news, TimeLord wants to send me another Signature Pro so that I can compare properly. Means I may get to keep the Signature DJ for another week to do that comparison more properly.post #307 of 143011/9/12 at 7:17ampost #308 of 143011/9/12 at 10:12am
I tell you what though, the Sig DJ will have to be something quite special to beat out my MG6Pro for bass authority and fun. I can't even explain to you what these can do. I have never heard anything like it. It makes the Pro 900 bass sounds like whispy cotton balls. It takes them out back and spills its guts all up and down the alley. All that without trampling the mids and highs. PURE magic. They break all the rules.post #309 of 143011/9/12 at 12:33pm
The daily RMC Audio Sig DJ update, brought to you by SoundFreaq:
Bo says they have heard nothing. The last thing they heard was "a couple weeks." But it's been a couple weeks. And they keep saying a couple weeks. They "refuse to give an ETA."
AnakChan, do you think the SDJ has more or less high end than SP? Or can you tell yet?
Edited by SoundFreaq - 11/9/12 at 12:38pmpost #310 of 143011/9/12 at 1:56pm
In regards to the Signature DJ Ultrasone USA has gone from hard to reach to impossible to communicate with. Not sure why but attempts to contact them have been failing for about 2 weeks now. Apologize for the inconvience.post #311 of 143011/9/12 at 3:05pmQuote:
Even when these are available, that is cause for concern if we have warranty issues that require follow up related to Ultrasone.
Edited by Craigster75 - 11/9/12 at 9:10pmpost #312 of 143011/9/12 at 4:20pm
Erik has an account here from 2008 with only 2 posts! That's impressive! LOL
I guess we will keep on waiting... but if I find a deal somewhere else, I think I'm going to ask for a cancel/refund...post #313 of 143011/9/12 at 10:19pm
Reminds me of NSL (Northern Sound and Light) back in the day - 06/07. They were offering the Ultrasone line at unbeleivable prices. If I recall the ED-9 was selling for $1100 from them, meanwhile other retailers wanted the full pop ($1600 - going from memory here).
Those that were lucky enough to take advantage of this offer made out well. Unfortunately Ultrasone got word of these extreme discounts and pulled the line altogether. Hopefully this is not the case with RMC, or a sign of what is to come.
DISCLAIMER : When memory is referred to please take into account early onset of possible Dementia.
Edited by Mortalcoil - 11/10/12 at 8:03ampost #314 of 143011/10/12 at 6:37am
- Ultrasone Signature DJ
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 11 seconds ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › V MODA CROSSFADE M100 vs SMS by street 50 on ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions / Appreciation Thread (It's... 3 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 5 minutes ago
- › Headphone recommendations, roughly around $200 7 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 7 minutes ago
- › Shootout: 111 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Creative Aurvana Live!... 7 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 7 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude