And I really do want refinement. It's why I couldn't make the Pro 900 work with EQ. SDJ could be it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Would you sell your whole collection for just one SR009/amp Last post on 2/4/14 at 7:28am in High-end Audio Forum
- History of headphones - a good article Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Need to know the dimmensions for a couplee electroatactic headphones amplifiers Last post on 9/20/12 at 2:03pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ultrasone Signature DJ - Page 21post #301 of 188511/8/12 at 7:46pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #302 of 188511/8/12 at 7:52pmpost #303 of 188511/8/12 at 7:55pmQuote:
LOL ....Smartypantspost #304 of 188511/8/12 at 8:00pmQuote:
@AnakChan- Would it be possible for you to rank overall bass presence/impact/punch for the following:
M-100post #305 of 188511/8/12 at 8:03pmQuote:
I can be ok with recessed mids for this purpose. Normally I like pretty solid mids, like the SigPro. But for my purposes with the SigDJ, recessed is fine, as long as that doesn't leave the highs out there being too much. As long as the bass is tight, mids sound natural, and the highs sparkle without getting fatiguing at loud volumes, I am in.post #306 of 188511/9/12 at 1:48amQuote:Originally Posted by SoundFreaq
I can be ok with recessed mids for this purpose. Normally I like pretty solid mids, like the SigPro. But for my purposes with the SigDJ, recessed is fine, as long as that doesn't leave the highs out there being too much. As long as the bass is tight, mids sound natural, and the highs sparkle without getting fatiguing at loud volumes, I am in.
Good news, TimeLord wants to send me another Signature Pro so that I can compare properly. Means I may get to keep the Signature DJ for another week to do that comparison more properly.post #307 of 188511/9/12 at 7:17ampost #308 of 188511/9/12 at 10:12am
I tell you what though, the Sig DJ will have to be something quite special to beat out my MG6Pro for bass authority and fun. I can't even explain to you what these can do. I have never heard anything like it. It makes the Pro 900 bass sounds like whispy cotton balls. It takes them out back and spills its guts all up and down the alley. All that without trampling the mids and highs. PURE magic. They break all the rules.post #309 of 188511/9/12 at 12:33pm
The daily RMC Audio Sig DJ update, brought to you by SoundFreaq:
Bo says they have heard nothing. The last thing they heard was "a couple weeks." But it's been a couple weeks. And they keep saying a couple weeks. They "refuse to give an ETA."
AnakChan, do you think the SDJ has more or less high end than SP? Or can you tell yet?
Edited by SoundFreaq - 11/9/12 at 12:38pmpost #310 of 188511/9/12 at 1:56pm
In regards to the Signature DJ Ultrasone USA has gone from hard to reach to impossible to communicate with. Not sure why but attempts to contact them have been failing for about 2 weeks now. Apologize for the inconvience.post #311 of 188511/9/12 at 3:05pmQuote:
Even when these are available, that is cause for concern if we have warranty issues that require follow up related to Ultrasone.
Edited by Craigster75 - 11/9/12 at 9:10pmpost #312 of 188511/9/12 at 4:20pm
Erik has an account here from 2008 with only 2 posts! That's impressive! LOL
I guess we will keep on waiting... but if I find a deal somewhere else, I think I'm going to ask for a cancel/refund...post #313 of 188511/9/12 at 10:19pm
Reminds me of NSL (Northern Sound and Light) back in the day - 06/07. They were offering the Ultrasone line at unbeleivable prices. If I recall the ED-9 was selling for $1100 from them, meanwhile other retailers wanted the full pop ($1600 - going from memory here).
Those that were lucky enough to take advantage of this offer made out well. Unfortunately Ultrasone got word of these extreme discounts and pulled the line altogether. Hopefully this is not the case with RMC, or a sign of what is to come.
DISCLAIMER : When memory is referred to please take into account early onset of possible Dementia.
Edited by Mortalcoil - 11/10/12 at 8:03ampost #314 of 188511/10/12 at 6:37am
- Ultrasone Signature DJ
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New User... Recommendations? 25 seconds ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 4 minutes ago
- › New Soundmagic HP150? 5 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)