And I really do want refinement. It's why I couldn't make the Pro 900 work with EQ. SDJ could be it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Would you sell your whole collection for just one SR009/amp Last post on 2/4/14 at 7:28am in High-end Audio Forum
- History of headphones - a good article Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Need to know the dimmensions for a couplee electroatactic headphones amplifiers Last post on 9/20/12 at 2:03pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Ultrasone Signature DJ - Page 21post #301 of 193811/8/12 at 7:46pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #302 of 193811/8/12 at 7:52pmpost #303 of 193811/8/12 at 7:55pmQuote:
LOL ....Smartypantspost #304 of 193811/8/12 at 8:00pmQuote:
@AnakChan- Would it be possible for you to rank overall bass presence/impact/punch for the following:
M-100post #305 of 193811/8/12 at 8:03pmQuote:
I can be ok with recessed mids for this purpose. Normally I like pretty solid mids, like the SigPro. But for my purposes with the SigDJ, recessed is fine, as long as that doesn't leave the highs out there being too much. As long as the bass is tight, mids sound natural, and the highs sparkle without getting fatiguing at loud volumes, I am in.post #306 of 193811/9/12 at 1:48amQuote:Originally Posted by SoundFreaq
I can be ok with recessed mids for this purpose. Normally I like pretty solid mids, like the SigPro. But for my purposes with the SigDJ, recessed is fine, as long as that doesn't leave the highs out there being too much. As long as the bass is tight, mids sound natural, and the highs sparkle without getting fatiguing at loud volumes, I am in.
Good news, TimeLord wants to send me another Signature Pro so that I can compare properly. Means I may get to keep the Signature DJ for another week to do that comparison more properly.post #307 of 193811/9/12 at 7:17ampost #308 of 193811/9/12 at 10:12am
I tell you what though, the Sig DJ will have to be something quite special to beat out my MG6Pro for bass authority and fun. I can't even explain to you what these can do. I have never heard anything like it. It makes the Pro 900 bass sounds like whispy cotton balls. It takes them out back and spills its guts all up and down the alley. All that without trampling the mids and highs. PURE magic. They break all the rules.post #309 of 193811/9/12 at 12:33pm
The daily RMC Audio Sig DJ update, brought to you by SoundFreaq:
Bo says they have heard nothing. The last thing they heard was "a couple weeks." But it's been a couple weeks. And they keep saying a couple weeks. They "refuse to give an ETA."
AnakChan, do you think the SDJ has more or less high end than SP? Or can you tell yet?
Edited by SoundFreaq - 11/9/12 at 12:38pmpost #310 of 193811/9/12 at 1:56pm
In regards to the Signature DJ Ultrasone USA has gone from hard to reach to impossible to communicate with. Not sure why but attempts to contact them have been failing for about 2 weeks now. Apologize for the inconvience.post #311 of 193811/9/12 at 3:05pmQuote:
Even when these are available, that is cause for concern if we have warranty issues that require follow up related to Ultrasone.
Edited by Craigster75 - 11/9/12 at 9:10pmpost #312 of 193811/9/12 at 4:20pm
Erik has an account here from 2008 with only 2 posts! That's impressive! LOL
I guess we will keep on waiting... but if I find a deal somewhere else, I think I'm going to ask for a cancel/refund...post #313 of 193811/9/12 at 10:19pm
Reminds me of NSL (Northern Sound and Light) back in the day - 06/07. They were offering the Ultrasone line at unbeleivable prices. If I recall the ED-9 was selling for $1100 from them, meanwhile other retailers wanted the full pop ($1600 - going from memory here).
Those that were lucky enough to take advantage of this offer made out well. Unfortunately Ultrasone got word of these extreme discounts and pulled the line altogether. Hopefully this is not the case with RMC, or a sign of what is to come.
DISCLAIMER : When memory is referred to please take into account early onset of possible Dementia.
Edited by Mortalcoil - 11/10/12 at 8:03ampost #314 of 193811/10/12 at 6:37am
- Ultrasone Signature DJ
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 30 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 51 seconds ago
- › Ps4 headset 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 6 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 8 minutes ago
- › Hsu VTF2 Mk3 Subwoofer 9 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)