Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Signature DJ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Signature DJ - Page 135

post #2011 of 2023

I think a factor in the lack of participation is at their price I think the total ownership is relatively low, even compared to high end Audeze's and the Fostex TH900 for some reason. 

 

Just my opinion.  I don't think it's because everyone is fat and happy with them.  :wink_face:

post #2012 of 2023

You know what, I am fat and happy.....(thank god I am physically slim actually).

 

:beerchug:

post #2013 of 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post

You know what, I am fat and happy.....(thank god I am physically slim actually).

beerchug.gif

+1
post #2014 of 2023

I LOVE these phones. I alternate sometimes with my Sig PRO's which have more mids but I always come back to the DJ's. They are both "hi-fi" and "fun". 99% of my listening is on the go and they are durable and isolating. Have only received one complaint on the train in over a year. My only problem is I'm a smoker and the white cups get discolored quickly.

post #2015 of 2023
So, what are Signature DJ cans regarded as - "summit- fi"?

Not that it really matters - just interested to know where peeps consider these cans are placed in the hierarchy of headphones - working, middle or upper class - lol biggrin.gif

In the DJ can category they'd probs be regarded as summit-fi/upper class

But I honestly don't think any DJ's even buy these cans - just audiophiles, which kind of makes you wonder how they ever came about by ULTRASONE in the first place, unless they just wanted an excuse to release a can that wasn't an expensive wood and metal clad Edition series they sell for a lot more?
post #2016 of 2023

I think they are selling it primarily to audiophiles with a hang for fun sound... And they are quite unique in that regard as the Fostex twins are actually more neutral (I'm not talking about their technical possibilities you demo'ed quite impressively ;-) and much less robust... and thats exactly what I like the Sig DJ for: fun but not a muddy monster and easy to take with me.

post #2017 of 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

I think they are selling it primarily to audiophiles with a hang for fun sound... And they are quite unique in that regard as the Fostex twins are actually more neutral (I'm not talking about their technical possibilities you demo'ed quite impressively ;-) and much less robust... and thats exactly what I like the Sig DJ for: fun but not a muddy monster and easy to take with me.

Hope you are enjoying your Vamp Verza :)

 

How do the Sig DJ's sound through it?

post #2018 of 2023

Still loving mine, and in fact, listening to them at this very moment! :)

post #2019 of 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

I feel that the signature djs forum isnt as active mainly because everyone who owns one is extremely satisfied, so the only ones who post are the ones who want to get one, just got one, dislike the sound(didnt give enough time biggrin.gif), or are selling/upgrading one to the th900 and the like.
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

I think a factor in the lack of participation is at their price I think the total ownership is relatively low, even compared to high end Audeze's and the Fostex TH900 for some reason. 

 

Just my opinion.  I don't think it's because everyone is fat and happy with them.  :wink_face:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
But I honestly don't think any DJ's even buy these cans - just audiophiles, which kind of makes you wonder how they ever came about by ULTRASONE in the first place, unless they just wanted an excuse to release a can that wasn't an expensive wood and metal clad Edition series they sell for a lot more?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

I think they are selling it primarily to audiophiles with a hang for fun sound... 

 

I agree with all above

post #2020 of 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

I feel that the signature djs forum isnt as active mainly because everyone who owns one is extremely satisfied, so the only ones who post are the ones who want to get one, just got one, dislike the sound(didnt give enough time biggrin.gif), or are selling/upgrading one to the th900 and the like.

 

Maybe, but maybe this thread isn't as active due to RPGWizard appears to have stopped procrastinating over buying a pair of Sig DJ's by giving up on them, which was probs 70% of prior content here - lol (OJ) :biggrin: 

post #2021 of 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
 

Hope you are enjoying your Vamp Verza :)

 

How do the Sig DJ's sound through it?

 

Sorry for my late response -- holiday season... i.e. trying to limit my time at a computer ;-)

 

The Sig DJ mates very well with the Verza, I used that combination on a 4h train ride and enjoyed it a lot. The Verza is so light and flat that its really easy to take with me, a big plus. Right now I'm listening to the Sig DJ on the Hifi-M8, which seems a bit clearer, with cleaner but more powerful bass. Of course its not as portable as the Verza and much heavier, but a nice thing to have for my holidays. If only the AC adapter were smaller and less heavy... but then it would take days to charge I guess.

 

So I guess my companions when working at a cafe will be the Verza + Sig DJ for the time being, with the M8 accompanying me to fairs and my holiday home, where it will happily drive even my T1... plus it makes trying out headphones easy, sporting 3,5mm, 6.3mm plus XL4 in my case.

 

Overall the Verza is of course the more flexible package, with the added benefit of charging my iPhone.

post #2022 of 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post

Sorry for my late response -- holiday season... i.e. trying to limit my time at a computer ;-)

The Sig DJ mates very well with the Verza, I used that combination on a 4h train ride and enjoyed it a lot. The Verza is so light and flat that its really easy to take with me, a big plus. Right now I'm listening to the Sig DJ on the Hifi-M8, which seems a bit clearer, with cleaner but more powerful bass. Of course its not as portable as the Verza and much heavier, but a nice thing to have for my holidays. If only the AC adapter were smaller and less heavy... but then it would take days to charge I guess.

So I guess my companions when working at a cafe will be the Verza + Sig DJ for the time being, with the M8 accompanying me to fairs and my holiday home, where it will happily drive even my T1... plus it makes trying out headphones easy, sporting 3,5mm, 6.3mm plus XL4 in my case.

Overall the Verza is of course the more flexible package, with the added benefit of charging my iPhone.

Sounds like it fits your bill of requirements as a portable on the go amp/DAC for your Sig DJ's smily_headphones1.gif

I've got to confess I've not been using my SDJ's that much recently, as I've hammered using them to the detriment of not using any of my other cans - lol biggrin.gif

Glad to hear the Verza pairs well with the SDJ and just by looking at photos of it on v-moda's site - dang it's a good, tidy and slim looking unit.

I couldn't be bothered lumping around some of the "portable" rigs you see pictured on HF of separate DAP, DAC & AMP threesomes sandwiched together with industrial strength rubber bands, which if you ever had on you when passing through airport security, would surely end you up surrounded looking down the barrels of guns as you are been shouted to hit the floor and put your hands on your head - false bomb alerts before boarding is always going to ruin your day blink.gif



Edit: on a side note to anyone interested in the SDJ but budget doesn't quite stretch far enough - there's a credible can that I've been recommending since it's release but it's only just now been taken seriously after a noted and highly respected headphone reviewer has just recently given it a rave review - controversial so I'll spoiler it........

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Build and sonics aren't as good as the SDJ, but it's reflected in the price - approx a third of the SDJ, yet has a tight , punchy measured bass that extends very well with crisp and clear mids and highs that make for a fun budget alternative to the SDJ, IMO cool.gif
Edited by cb3723 - Yesterday at 1:58 am
post #2023 of 2023

Hes not wrong, those new beats are remarkably improved from their previous designs. 

 

 

Anyway, I always have preferred these over the TH600 overall, as the TH600 is a bit piercing for my ears at their worst while the DJ is always sonic bliss thats for sure. I've sometimes go for long  leisurely walks with these cans straight from a FiiO X5 and the sound is great - don't care what they look like when everyone around is a stranger - not to say they are ugly or anything - just not super sleek. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Signature DJ