or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Signature DJ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Signature DJ - Page 108

post #1606 of 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18inch View Post

what kind of amplifier you guys use with the Sig Dj? Theres way to many choices and dunno if i should just get a ifi ican micro or save up and get soloist sl or even the graham ultra linear diamond? i really like the build of the graham though, something about that knob, cant keep my eyes off of it, kinda like when a woman's hard nipple goes through wtv shes wearing...

Like gelocks says - these cans don't really need amp, but I have used my Fiio E17 on these to EQ the bass up, and I can highly recommend the Fiio E17 as a stand alone portable amp/DAC for sure.

I use my SDJ's more as portable on the move type can rather than a sit down next to desktop amp gig.
post #1607 of 2456

Yea im thinking of an amplifier not for actual sheer volume (as straight from the x-sabre i cant get past 60-70%), but maybe even enhance further more the soundstage and bass depth, an even more controled and depth? rather than volume.. dunno if you guys understand what i mean, for me an amplifier isnt only for output, its for a more refined, depth/openess, controlled and mature/stable sound... am i crazy ? lol

post #1608 of 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

 

You don't even need an amp for it really.

Right now I'm using a Schiit Magni and really if I go more than 10 o'clock I'll probably start getting ringing in my ears (using AK100 MKII as source).

On my Soloist SL, the same. And really apart from more tightness in the bass, sound output is actually not really all that changed.

(i.e. these Sig DJs are not like cans like the Alpha Dogs which excel with more power/better amps...)

 

Just my .02 cents.


+1

post #1609 of 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18inch View Post
 

Yea im thinking of an amplifier not for actual sheer volume (as straight from the x-sabre i cant get past 60-70%), but maybe even enhance further more the soundstage and bass depth, an even more controled and depth? rather than volume.. dunno if you guys understand what i mean, for me an amplifier isnt only for output, its for a more refined, depth/openess, controlled and mature/stable sound... am i crazy ? lol


If you want more quality, I would opt for a Meier Audio Qickstep. That amp is doing a lot in regards of quality. I have its predecessor Stepdance. Also the Fiio E12 is a good choice with a tad warm and powerfull sound and a handsome 6 dB bass boost that I use a lot for RAP.

post #1610 of 2456
+1 for the Meier Quick Step. Good match with the DJ's for mobile use & Meier Classic for desktop use.
Edited by punit - 6/16/14 at 1:39pm
post #1611 of 2456

Just a reminder, I have my SIG DJ listed at a great price in F/S, if anyone knows someone who wants a pair!

 

(Or if you want a spare)  :wink_face: 

post #1612 of 2456

And it's gone ;)

post #1613 of 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWerk View Post
 

And it's gone ;)

 

"My" headphones have travelled more than I have :-(. If only I could collect it's mileage points.

post #1614 of 2456
So finally you get those back into your possession. ..?
post #1615 of 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post

So finally you get those back into your possession. ..?
No. I didn't buy back my SigDJs from TWerk :-).
post #1616 of 2456

Dude!

Did you really sell them for that low a price?!?!?!

I would have bought them just to "corner the market"!!! LOL ;)

post #1617 of 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

Dude!

Did you really sell them for that low a price?!?!?!

I would have bought them just to "corner the market"!!! LOL ;)



I was almost biting too but I'm from europe so, even if he had sold me it with the custom fees it would be only 100 EUR short of a brand-new. I'm still very unsure, I would hate ending up with a 729 EUR headphone I don't perfectly like but I still wanna demo it! I guess if I then return it I probably end up having to pay some silly 70 EUR or something to cover reselling fees.

I'm sure the bass is what I'm looking for but the mids/highs it feels like it's not quite up my alley as I tend to prefer a bit lusher in-your-face mids (I'm talking lower mids in particular) that makes instruments and vocals thicker and weightier.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 6/17/14 at 8:08am
post #1618 of 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

Dude!

Did you really sell them for that low a price?!?!?!

I would have bought them just to "corner the market"!!! LOL ;)

 

Well, I was given a great deal on them, so I figured I could sell at a great price too.

 

Anyways, I'm very glad to have tried them, so I could cross them off my list.

 

Next stop, TH-900! :wink_face: 


Edited by TWerk - 6/17/14 at 8:58am
post #1619 of 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
 



I was almost biting too but I'm from europe so, even if he had sold me it with the custom fees it would be only 100 EUR short of a brand-new. I'm still very unsure, I would hate ending up with a 729 EUR headphone I don't perfectly like but I still wanna demo it! I guess if I then return it I probably end up having to pay some silly 70 EUR or something to cover reselling fees.

I'm sure the bass is what I'm looking for but the mids/highs it feels like it's not quite up my alley as I tend to prefer a bit lusher in-your-face mids (I'm talking lower mids in particular) that makes instruments and vocals thicker and weightier.

 

Yea, you and I almost made a deal.

 

I think if you wanted "lush" mids, you wouldn't really find it with them.

 

They were forward and in the face, but "lush" isn't really a word I would use to describe it. I find my D2000 more "lush" sounding. Just my opinion. 

post #1620 of 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
 



I was almost biting too but I'm from europe so, even if he had sold me it with the custom fees it would be only 100 EUR short of a brand-new. I'm still very unsure, I would hate ending up with a 729 EUR headphone I don't perfectly like but I still wanna demo it! I guess if I then return it I probably end up having to pay some silly 70 EUR or something to cover reselling fees.
 

 

You can purchase from Thomann.de. I've returned headphones and incurred no fees.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Signature DJ