Even for that purpose I use the Sig Dj without hesitation.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Ultrasone Signature DJ - Page 102
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm actually considering TH-900 now. If SIG DJ costs 750, another 400 bucks or so and I'm there to the summit. Then, at that point, I won't have to worry about upgrades.
I don't use headphones outside my home, so I'm looking for purely the best closed EDM can for at home use.
Seems like TH-900 might be the better option... though I NEVER thought I'd be one of those people spending $1000+ on a headphone!
Edited by TWerk - 5/3/14 at 11:48am
Please also factor in the cost of a decent amp, The TH-900 will not show you what it is really capable of without that.
That's a good point.
I have an upgraded Go DAP X, LME 49860, 10 ohm. From what I understand, it's very similar to the V-moda Verza. It sounds very nice on my D2000 and Pro 900. Certainly not the best, but it does the job and enjoy it greatly.
Honestly, I know very little about amps/dacs. From reading the TH-900 board, it scales well but also sounds great without the best of amps/dacs.
I'm thinking I'd be happy with either the sig dj or th-900, they both seem to sound fantastic. One thing that worries me about sig dj is that I do like rather detailed and aggressive highs. For example, the highs on Pro 900 don't bother me, while some really hate them. Also, I didn't like the M-100 at all specifically because I felt the treble was really lacking. From what I gather, Th-900 might have a more aggressive treble better suited to my taste.
Listening to my D2000 and Pro900 right now, I'm not even sure how much better others could get!
I love them both! (Plus they didn't break the bank!)
Edited by TWerk - 5/3/14 at 12:30pm
Thank you for the heads up, purchased for a friend who fell in love with mine.
No problem! Glad I could help.
Seeing as you own both Sig DJ and TH-900, could you give any insight as to which might be better? I do not care about portability. I listen to 90 percent EDM, and love my bass and a cool 3D soundstage.
On a related note, I know this is dumb, but I like to jump around and stuff when I listen to my music. Would TH-900 be suitable for dancing / rocking my head. I notice my pro 900 has a tighter grip, making it easier to dance with than my D2000.
Edited by TWerk - 5/3/14 at 1:17pm
Have you tried TH-600? If so, would you also say it beats SIG DJ indoors for EDM? Thanks for the advice.
Edited by punit - 5/3/14 at 1:46pm
BUT BUT... maybe you'd like TH-600 MORE than TH-900? :D There are some few exceptions where that is the case. Sorry just had to. xD
The TH600 eclipses the DJ in a number of ways. Its imaging/separation is slightly better, the soundstage is much larger, the detail seems a bit higher. However it trades off being portable, leaks a lot more and has poorer isolation. I feel the DJ is slightly more impactful compared to the TH600 being having more rumble in the sub bass. The TH600 treble is a fair bit more jarring or aggressive to my ears. The TH900 in comparison to TH600 is less aggressive in the treble, had a bit better detail, somewhat larger soundstage, better imaging and slightly more impactful bass. All of these things being something like 5-10% better or around that kind of ballpark - not groundbreaking but noticeable.
The third and fourth side of the argument at this price outside of the Fostex line and Ultrasone are the Final Audio Design Pandora Hope 6 and the JVC DX1000. Not having head the FAD PH6 I cannot comment there but the JVC is up with the other two, if not the more versatile headphone in genre bandwidth. However I would disqualify it from recommending it for you as its highs are less pronounced overall then the others and its clamp is non existent. As far as it goes, it has a larger stage than the TH600, imaging similar, bass is impactful and has rumble but a little less powerful rumble and impact then the other two (something that I've changed my stance on over the last while), it has the most forward and complete mids of them all by far and also the least aggressive treble despite still being fairly detailed up there. They can be very strange at times, in electronic they always sound rather bassy, but with certain music like some rock albums they lose their bassy sound, and on some recordings the treble ranges from darker to being quite well detailed and extended.
Edited by UNIFi - 5/3/14 at 6:58pm
Or do what I've done eventually and get th600 & sigdj to suit all use cases Especially if you get both second hand at current prices you'd be paying same or less than a pair of th900. As everyone says 5-10% better than th600 and all down to preference and and some do prefer th600 so I'm not really interested in the 900s for thr premium you pay. Variety is the spice of life now hurry up and arrive SDJs!
Yea, that's a good idea actually.
Haha, waiting can sometimes be so painful, especially when its for a new headphone!
- Ultrasone Signature DJ
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 seconds ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 58 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 1 minute ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 7 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 7 minutes ago
- › Rampage V Edition 10 Audio or Creative X7? 8 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 9 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...