or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Signature DJ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Signature DJ - Page 91

post #1351 of 2456
I'm looking for a new pair of headphones, these seem like a good match for me. My two previous main headphones was ultrasone pro900 and denon d600, both stolen in 2013 mad.gif i liked both of them, mainly due to the massive bass smily_headphones1.gif is the signature dj a nice step up? I mainly listen to dubstep/ hiphop/ + classical music and some heavy metal occasionally.

Atm i use a fiio e10 in my office, but might upgrade the amp as well
post #1352 of 2456
I'm curious whether any Sig DJ owners also possess (or at least heard) the Shure SRH1540. I know....different price class as the Sig DJ is double the price
post #1353 of 2456
I havent heard any of those headphones mentioned, but if you like bass + clarity then you will be a happy customer lol.

How were they stolen?
post #1354 of 2456
Burglary, had like 4 of them in 6 months, got some serious security issues in my office. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon. They didnt bother stealing my sennheiser 25 hd-II though, lol.
I LOVE bass. I've also got a beyerdynamic 990 HiFi and 770
post #1355 of 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by feverfive View Post

I'm curious whether any Sig DJ owners also possess (or at least heard) the Shure SRH1540. I know....different price class as the Sig DJ is double the price

 

Yes and prefer the Sig DJs all the way even though the mids are a bit recessed compared to the Shure's (but just a bit). I'm working on a review for the Shure's but that's the short answer. Still, make no mistake, I enjoy the Shure's as they provide a fun signature without resorting to boosted highs.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammyknut View Post

Burglary, had like 4 of them in 6 months, got some serious security issues in my office. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon. They didnt bother stealing my sennheiser 25 hd-II though, lol.
I LOVE bass. I've also got a beyerdynamic 990 HiFi and 770

 

Well...

Don't you think it's time to NOT leave headphones in your office?!?

post #1356 of 2456
gelocks, no doubt. Bad luck and awful security combined with thiefs with a preference for decent headphones/ laptops whatnot, but it doesnt matter right now. Let's talk sig dj
post #1357 of 2456
So i am wierd and annoying to myself sometimes, lol, and i tried the toilet paper mod or whatever that is normally done with the maudio q40 and i can say the soundstage has increased, and really low bass is heard/felt slightly better. Idk. Not much else was effected :3
post #1358 of 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammyknut View Post

I'm looking for a new pair of headphones, these seem like a good match for me. My two previous main headphones was ultrasone pro900 and denon d600, i liked both of them, mainly due to the massive bass smily_headphones1.gif is the signature dj a nice step up? I mainly listen to dubstep/ hiphop/ + classical music and some heavy metal occasionally.

 

I am familiar with both of those headphones and the answer is a definitive yes across the board regarding the D600.  Bass is closer related to the PRO900 from memory, but I consider their highs harsh and mids recessed by comparision.  The Sig DJ is really in another league, as it should be for the price.


Edited by Craigster75 - 1/2/14 at 9:45pm
post #1359 of 2456
thanks craigster75, i agree with the pro900 regarding highs and i guess the mids were ok'ish in my ears. The d600 was a better allrounder, but liked ultrasones lows more. I auditioned the th600 a few weeks ago, but wasnt uberimpressed, probably because they were paired with a bright amp.

How is comfort compared to d600 and pro900? Do you use an amp? I'm probably ordering headphones next week
post #1360 of 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammyknut View Post

thanks craigster75, i agree with the pro900 regarding highs and i guess the mids were ok'ish in my ears. The d600 was a better allrounder, but liked ultrasones lows more. I auditioned the th600 a few weeks ago, but wasnt uberimpressed, probably because they were paired with a bright amp.

How is comfort compared to d600 and pro900? Do you use an amp? I'm probably ordering headphones next week

D600 vs. PRO900 or SigDJ?  Regardless, I would give the edge in comfort to the D600, although the Sig DJ has a more secure fit for portable use.  I found the D600 would slip quite a bit when walking.

 

My amp is the V-Moda Verza.


Edited by Craigster75 - 1/3/14 at 4:22am
post #1361 of 2456
D600 and pro900 are very comfortable to me, can use them for hours. Bit scary to flesh out 1000USD for the djs without trying them out tongue.gif
post #1362 of 2456

Buy them from a vendor like B&H photo who has a no hassle 30 return policy without a restocking fee.  You are only risking the return postage costs if you don't like them.  That's what I did, but I fell in love and still have mine.

post #1363 of 2456
Same here, not much risk. Once I heard them they weren't going anywhere.
post #1364 of 2456
Not sure if the only store in this country that sell djs, offer returns, but i'll order them anyway next week.cool.gif
post #1365 of 2456

There are a few other small "mom and pop" stores like Moon Audio that have them but B&H Photo is huge and if you decide to return them, which I doubt you will, a great big store really doesn't take a hit.  Their catalog has tens of thousands of items and is 473 pages.  They usually sell returns at a good discount but so few of the dj's are returned that they seldom have any.  From their website it appears they are a full line Ultrasone dealer and no I do not work for them.  Just have good luck with them in the past.  They have had items like the CEntrance M8 when nobody else did.  Enjoy your signatures.  My only complaint against them was the one dinky cable( 1 of 2) that came with them. The other coiled one was ok.  Bought a replacement( the one that comes with the Signature Pros) direct from the Ultrasone shop but that cable alone was $89.00.  Way to high but couldn't find any other aftermarket because of the plug they use on the headphone end is smaller than the standard 1/8 stereo plug.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Signature DJ