Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Signature DJ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Signature DJ - Page 86

post #1276 of 2067
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

I'm subjective biggrin.gif

The closest thing i've listened to from the sig dj's is the hd600 and after that my hfi 580's.

These things sound pretty awesome for classical to me, i love the reverberation i get from the instruments from the bass.

I also consider these my end-game portable headphone.  I have been enjoying Jewel and Norah Jones today with resolution and transparency in vocals so impressive I feel as if the artist is performing in front of me, so they do just fine with every genre.

post #1277 of 2067
Lost by neutralize is wonderfull on these.

Very atmospheric.
post #1278 of 2067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 

I also consider these my end-game portable headphone.  I have been enjoying Jewel and Norah Jones today with resolution and transparency in vocals so impressive I feel as if the artist is performing in front of me, so they do just fine with every genre.


hey craigster, i am wondering if you have tried the commonly highly recommended headphones like the HE400/500/6, Sennheiser HD600/650, or the Audeze LCD-2/3/X... etc.

 

It's funny, because the Ultrasone Sig DJ's are hardly ever mentioned as a flagship pair of headphones or a highly recommended print-value pair of headphones. In fact, outside of this thread, I don't think I have ever read of anyone suggesting em when talking about end-game headphones.

post #1279 of 2067
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post


hey craigster, i am wondering if you have tried the commonly highly recommended headphones like the HE400/500/6, Sennheiser HD600/650, or the Audeze LCD-2/3/X... etc.

It's funny, because the Ultrasone Sig DJ's are hardly ever mentioned as a flagship pair of headphones or a highly recommended print-value pair of headphones. In fact, outside of this thread, I don't think I have ever read of anyone suggesting em when talking about end-game headphones.

*Cough* basshead forums *Cough*
post #1280 of 2067
Let's put it that way, Ultrasone sucks when it comes to public relations. But some of their products are highly respected by people who trust their ears.
post #1281 of 2067

Ultrasone brought this upon themselves to a good degree with the ED10 and generally all their luxury models, so most people think their headphones are more about art/design and materials than sound, kinda like B&O. 

post #1282 of 2067

+1 :beerchug:

 

 

 

Another point is that many Ultrasone headphones presents bad measurements. So many people discredit the entire brand without having tried once. The ed12 thread is exemplary.

 

That said, and I speak only for Ultrasone Signature pro. I've loaned my pair many times and some Listeners loved it ans other ones could'nt use it more than few seconds.  Some people found awful bass ( Muddy ) , some other found piercing and metallic trebles . And some other ( like me) found that headphone is the greater mix of warmish balnced sound, energy, detail, fastness and intimacy with music ( for most genre) . You can see my profile to know the headphones I own(ed) and I tried many others.  For example I would NEVER trade my Sig pro for an Audeze LCD2 . Never ! . I can add I would never trade my Sig pro for a HD800 but fortunately I own both .  :D

 

Really strange. :confused_face_2:

post #1283 of 2067
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post
 


hey craigster, i am wondering if you have tried the commonly highly recommended headphones like the HE400/500/6, Sennheiser HD600/650, or the Audeze LCD-2/3/X... etc.

 

It's funny, because the Ultrasone Sig DJ's are hardly ever mentioned as a flagship pair of headphones or a highly recommended print-value pair of headphones. In fact, outside of this thread, I don't think I have ever read of anyone suggesting em when talking about end-game headphones.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post


*Cough* basshead forums *Cough*

Actually, I attended my first headphone meet last month and was pleasantly surprised how well the Sig DJ held up to summit-fi cans such as the HD800, Audeze, Hifiman, etc. in terms of resolution and detail retrieval.  Certainly, the DJ was bass-heavy by comparision and doesn't have the soundstage or quite the midrange presentation of the others, but the DJ's big advantage of being closed was apparent in a noisy, open room and I actually put the DJ ahead of the HD800 and even the $5,000 Abyss for listening enjoyment.  The only closed headphone that stood out for me as a potential supplement to the Sig DJ was the Alpha Dog, and that would only be to own a more neutral headphone as an option.

 

The Sig DJ is my end-game headphone because I listen mostly portably and the Sig DJ is the only one of those mentioned above that has the looks and durability to truly be used as a portable.  Heck, it even comes with a smartphone cable along with a coiled cable which says something about its intented use.


Edited by Craigster75 - 12/3/13 at 2:51am
post #1284 of 2067
I think i had a small revelation today.

My revelation was that the sound is so perfect already that i dont need a fancy amp or anything.

Not that i was gonna get anything fancy in the first place. Got like a 100$ budget, but essentially i think after i get a decent desktop amp (like the o2, or if i happen upon a relatively nice vintage amp) I will be happy for quite a while.

Audio nirvana = signature dj for me, big time :3
post #1285 of 2067
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

I think i had a small revelation today.

My revelation was that the sound is so perfect already that i dont need a fancy amp or anything.

Not that i was gonna get anything fancy in the first place. Got like a 100$ budget, but essentially i think after i get a decent desktop amp (like the o2, or if i happen upon a relatively nice vintage amp) I will be happy for quite a while.

Audio nirvana = signature dj for me, big time :3

 

Well, they don't really need one, these really shine amp or un-amped! ;-)

 

Glad you are enjoying them, more people should actually.

post #1286 of 2067
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

I think i had a small revelation today.

My revelation was that the sound is so perfect already that i dont need a fancy amp or anything.

Not that i was gonna get anything fancy in the first place. Got like a 100$ budget, but essentially i think after i get a decent desktop amp (like the o2, or if i happen upon a relatively nice vintage amp) I will be happy for quite a while.

Audio nirvana = signature dj for me, big time :3

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

 

Well, they don't really need one, these really shine amp or un-amped! ;-)

 

Glad you are enjoying them, more people should actually.

:beerchug:

post #1287 of 2067

I go back and forth between my Sig PROS and my SigDJs, both recabled balanced and sounding fantastic with my Cypher Labs DACs. Everyday I have at least 2 "oh wow" moments with them.

 

They are different sounding but both incredibly sublime:)

post #1288 of 2067
If an oh wow moment could stretch through about a few hours then u know how i feel each day biggrin.gif

I'm sure i will lose that magic eventually, as i will become accustomed to the sound.

But man i dont think these will EVER leave me 'unsatisfied'
post #1289 of 2067
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

If an oh wow moment could stretch through about a few hours then u know how i feel each day biggrin.gif

I'm sure i will lose that magic eventually, as i will become accustomed to the sound.

But man i dont think these will EVER leave me 'unsatisfied'

There are times when I listen to vocals and think they are recessed, but then I listen to other vocal recordings that sound like they are right in front of me, so I suppose the Sig DJ presents the music as it was recorded and can't fault them for that.  Today I had migraines and just needed relaxing vocals with the gentle string plucks of Ingrid Michaelson.  I think I was selling the Sig DJ short and it is now my end game for every genre.  

post #1290 of 2067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

There are times when I listen to vocals and think they are recessed, but then I listen to other vocal recordings that sound like they are right in front of me, so I suppose the Sig DJ presents the music as it was recorded and can't fault them for that.  Today I had migraines and just needed relaxing vocals with the gentle string plucks of Ingrid Michaelson.  I think I was selling the Sig DJ short and it is now my end game for every genre.  

+1, Ultrasone has some happy customers biggrin.gif

Whenever i get a migraine i have enjoyed listening to soothing music from my hfi 580's.

I haven't had a migraine with my dj's in hand yet, but I know when i do i will be able to cope pretty dang well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Signature DJ