Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Signature DJ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Signature DJ - Page 76

post #1126 of 1499
So heres the deal. I have a 300$ budget, should i get a dac/amp combo (most likely a full size to make up for the lesser cost) or a 300$ portable amp.

Or is it worth it to save till like 500$? (Will take a while)
post #1127 of 1499

If the HRT Microstreamer does the same job for Sig DJ than for my Sig pro, you can seriously consider it. 

post #1128 of 1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

So heres the deal. I have a 300$ budget, should i get a dac/amp combo (most likely a full size to make up for the lesser cost) or a 300$ portable amp.

Or is it worth it to save till like 500$? (Will take a while)


It depends on how your Sig DJ fits into your lifestyle.  If you expect a larger percentage of your usage to be portable, then a portable amp makes sense.

post #1129 of 1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 


It depends on how your Sig DJ fits into your lifestyle.  If you expect a larger percentage of your usage to be portable, then a portable amp makes sense.

 

Agree.

For home use you can just go with a Schiit Modi + Magni combo... it should work A-Ok.

For portable I would suggest something like a Leckerton UHA-6SMKII (Dac/amp portable... really good to my ears).

 

But like Craig said, depends on how you are going to use your Sig DJs...

post #1130 of 1499
I just told noxa i have the money, and im ready to buy biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #1131 of 1499
That's the spirit!!!
post #1132 of 1499

Ok, so after giving it a lot of listening time, I recommend the HRT microStreamer as portable dac/amp.

 

At first I found it bass shy, but that was just because my laptop's soundcard had more quantity at the expense of clarity and soundstage. Since i was used to it, I missed the bass quantity.

 

But the fact is that the gain in clarity, soundstage and instrument separation from the microStreamer is well worth it. Also, bass is definitely there. Listening to Out of Fuel - Sneaky as I type this, and dat bass is tickling my eardrums.

 

Extension of the highs is also improved, so if anyone is particularly averse to that, it may not be for you. I wouldn't call it sibilant or harsh, though.

post #1133 of 1499
Ok, so i think i decided to get a full size amp/dac, and im trying to decide wether i should get the objective o2 with the dac amp combo or the magni modi combo for 300$...

Thoughts? How do these compare when used with the signature dj?
post #1134 of 1499
Hmm. Actually, if i use my iphone should i just get a 300$ amp?

If so which one?
post #1135 of 1499
Meier Audio Quickstep will work perfectly. I have the Stepdance which is the predecessor.
post #1136 of 1499
Maybe... Depends.

I think i want to get a full size amp. Then just use my iphone with it.

If i cant find any full sizes that are highly regarded in the price range this would most likely be my portable amp i would get smily_headphones1.gif

Open to any other suggestions as well guys!
post #1137 of 1499
Does the schiit asgard pair well with the dj's?
post #1138 of 1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

Maybe... Depends.

I think i want to get a full size amp. Then just use my iphone with it.

If i cant find any full sizes that are highly regarded in the price range this would most likely be my portable amp i would get smily_headphones1.gif

Open to any other suggestions as well guys!

Speaking of full sizes.........ever considered a vintage integrated amp?


post #1139 of 1499
Mother of god, that scares my wallet

EDIT: And i just looked up the prices and value those things have. If i could get one in good condition i would be a happy man
Edited by sloomingbla - 10/15/13 at 6:49pm
post #1140 of 1499
The Kenwood above cost me $80, the entire Pioneer system below cost me $270 and worth considerably more than that. Point is you can get a vintage amp for less than $100 and the BASS will blow you away, especially with the Sig DJ's. Makes the higher cost headphone-specific amps not so interesting. I've sold all mine and have five vintage systems and two portable set ups.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Signature DJ