The HD380 Pros and M50s are both not very good headphones for classical. Too bass heavy. I use the M50s and HS380 Pros for electronic, hp-hop and R&B, which they are well suited to.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productSennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PWHITE Overear Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Pearl White)tagged by System, 8/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which should I get: The ATH-M50s, the Ultrasone HFI 580, or the DJ1 pros? Last post on 9/14/12 at 4:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable Audio Technica ATH-M50 alternatives? Last post on 8/13/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 Pro's versus Audio Technica ATH-M50's. Last post on 11/13/13 at 1:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-M50S vs. Sennheiser HD 380 PRO vs. Shure SRH840 Last post on 9/29/13 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD380's for ATH-M50's or HD598's for HD580 Last post on 6/10/13 at 4:45pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD380 pro? - Page 2post #16 of 196/23/13 at 2:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 196/23/13 at 2:50pmpost #18 of 196/23/13 at 5:38pmpost #19 of 197/2/13 at 8:40am
The 380's might me better sounding but I have to agree that the Earcup material looks absurd.
FYI - Even my zx700's sound better IMO a much better headphone in general except being a bit bright up top yes yes a bit less than the 50's, the sound is exceptional for the money.
- ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD380 pro?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New post window only displays raw HTML 3 seconds ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 22 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 28 seconds ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 45 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 57 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 1 minute ago
- › Lossless audio file formats 1 minute ago
- › What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)