- 1,156 Posts. Joined 8/2010
- Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA M-100 Last post on 3/27/13 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 11/7/13 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda crossfade m100 Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda M100 Crossfades Matte Black For Sale Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:44am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Shadow and White Silver colors are back, special! Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:24am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews. - Page 60post #886 of 9037/19/13 at 8:58pmThat's not what VMODA and their CEO told us previously.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #887 of 9037/19/13 at 9:01pm
^ honestly the service support people are not the most knowledgeable about their products.Quote:Originally Posted by valkolton
Crossfade LP has more bass than LP2! Get a Gunmetal Black or Phantom Chrome Crossfade LP. The white ones have SLIGHTLY lower bass.
OR just EQ an M-100 by bringing down the 8-20kHz bands... it has ultra deep extension just like it's LP/LP2 cousins.post #888 of 9037/20/13 at 4:37amQuote:Originally Posted by jincuteguy
I got an email from Vmoda. They said the LP2 is the same as the LP, just that the LP2 is a limited edition for aesthetic only.
Ticket ID: 28267
Your request has been deemed solved. If you wish to reopen your ticket, reply to this email
David, Jul 18 02:13 pm (PDT):
Sound quality will be the same with both models. The LP2 is a more limited edition all matte black version that includes an extra set of blank shields. We do not charge restocking fees.
V-MODA Customer Service
Strange- that is contradictory to everthing I have read in the threads. My understanding is the LP2 has a distinctly different sound from the LP with the LP being "bassier", but the LP2 having improved overall sound quality and not as dark.post #889 of 9037/20/13 at 8:18ampost #890 of 9039/18/13 at 2:54ampost #891 of 9039/18/13 at 3:15am
FYI, the M80 earpads are much smaller than the LP. M-100 pads are similar in size to LP. If you read back, there are also XL pads coming out shortly.post #892 of 9039/18/13 at 3:19ampost #893 of 9039/28/13 at 8:54ampost #894 of 90310/2/13 at 7:26amthe XL pads will add to comfort but will change the sound of the M-100's too. I think by placing the drivers further away from your ear you lose a sense of intimacy with the music. But I guess for some people the M-100's stock pads are too uncomfortable. Changing to the XL will definitely make a world of difference in terms of comfort and turn the M-100's into a true over-the-ear HP.
Highly recommended if you cannot stand the stock pads.post #895 of 90310/3/13 at 5:14am
I have an LP and an m100. I found that on the LP -by putting tape over 2 of the vents and 3/4 of the 3rd vent (just leaving 1/4 of one vent open) that the lp sounds much closer to the m100. it's not completeley there of course but 75% there, still slightly boomier, and slightly less mid clarity. but a huge improvement for a few pieces of scotch tape. I will remove the shields and put the tape inside next.post #896 of 90310/3/13 at 9:24am
Not very impressed with the M100 in terms of sound; It lacks detail and doesn't sound very musical apart from the bass. It's is quite a poor headphone for the price. If the XL pads change the sound then I may give these a go to see if they make improvements.post #897 of 90310/3/13 at 9:54ampost #898 of 90310/3/13 at 10:12amQuote:
Depends on music type. Phones I personally like better than the M100 are,
Momentum on ear and over(The momentum is more balanced, Lush and fun sounding. The on ear version are about on a similar level to the M100 but much cheaper and slightly cleaner)
V-Moda M80(more balanced, cleaner and more musical)
Skull Candy Aviator(Cleaner, More beautiful mid range and good bass. The M100 sound better in the bass department but the Aviator is more balanced)
AKG K551(Balanced, More open soundstage and less congested sounding with better separation)
Beats studio 2013 edition(About the same quality but a more forward clear midrange. The features make it a better buy although they are overpriced just like the M100)
The M100 for me sits around the quality of the ATHM50 which is a good phone but is nearly £170 cheaper. The features on the M50 are decent such as folding and looks. But i'm talking pure sound not extras. I'll keep them as I love the stealth look on my matte blacks. One last thing is the long term build quality, I have every colour of the crossfade LP(I'm a bit of a collector nerd) Long term durability is a big concern, They are def durable for short term use but I question the long term durability. All of my pairs have shown the same wear and tear, Material badly degrading. ear cushions wearing down after a year and breaking of the cables near the jack! and cracking of the wing plate. Not sure if the M100 suffers from this but I'll soon find out.
Just my opinion.post #899 of 90310/3/13 at 11:47am
The XL pads do shape the sound of the M-100 to be more balanced, but the lack of treble detail becomes more apparent, although the bass is tamed which might suit your taste. Another interesting choice in this price range is the NAD HP50 .
- V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701? 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS Launches Essence III USB DAC/Preamp/Headamp 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 9 minutes ago
- › FS: Melbourne - Audeze LCD2R2 Hifiman HE-500, Fischer FA-011LE,... 9 minutes ago
- › Where do New Zealanders get their gear from? 9 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 9 minutes ago
- › SR60-Mod part II 12 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi