Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews. - Page 59

post #871 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

How well are they driven off a Clip+?


From my experience you should have no problem, as they were meant to be driven off portable devices.

Yeah, they sound just fine out of a Clip Zip. The soundstage is a bit small, but that's the nature of the Clip Zip itself, not the headphones. Having an amp helps this a bit even though it's double amplification.

post #872 of 924

I need some help on making a decision, I currently own the Bose OE2, and they're the best headphones that I own, (sadly). I find the bass to be substantial, and the mids to be slightly recessed, yet, the highs, a bit sibilant at times. I listen to primarily Hip-hop, Rap, and Electronic music. With the occasional Rock.  I'm looking for a pair of "Bass-Heavy" headphones that also have great mids and highs. my decision is between the M-100's and LP2's. All prices, accessories, and looks aside, which has better sound quality for me? 

post #873 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostAPhile View Post

I need some help on making a decision, I currently own the Bose OE2, and they're the best headphones that I own, (sadly). I find the bass to be substantial, and the mids to be slightly recessed, yet, the highs, a bit sibilant at times. I listen to primarily Hip-hop, Rap, and Electronic music. With the occasional Rock.  I'm looking for a pair of "Bass-Heavy" headphones that also have great mids and highs. my decision is between the M-100's and LP2's. All prices, accessories, and looks aside, which has better sound quality for me? 

Probably the M-100, but I haven't listened to the LP2 in-person so I can't give a definitive answer. I greatly prefer the M-100 over the LP's though. I'm guessing the M-100 will bring out more details than the LP2 and will have a cleaner bass to midrange transition.

post #874 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostAPhile View Post

I need some help on making a decision, I currently own the Bose OE2, and they're the best headphones that I own, (sadly). I find the bass to be substantial, and the mids to be slightly recessed, yet, the highs, a bit sibilant at times. I listen to primarily Hip-hop, Rap, and Electronic music. With the occasional Rock.  I'm looking for a pair of "Bass-Heavy" headphones that also have great mids and highs. my decision is between the M-100's and LP2's. All prices, accessories, and looks aside, which has better sound quality for me? 


No brainer- M-100.

post #875 of 924

I'd recommend the InnerFidelity review for the best response to the "is this good for Hip-Hop/Electronic Music" question.

post #876 of 924
I just don't get how you guys called these V-moda headphones comfortable. I bought the Crossfade LP a while ago, and after putting it on my head for an hour, it started to hurt. Even after I stressed it out for couple days. Then my brother tried it out and he said the same thing, then we returned it. So I'm assumed the M-100 has the same exact shape as the LP, just a more expensive driver inside.
post #877 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post

I just don't get how you guys called these V-moda headphones comfortable. I bought the Crossfade LP a while ago, and after putting it on my head for an hour, it started to hurt. Even after I stressed it out for couple days. Then my brother tried it out and he said the same thing, then we returned it. So I'm assumed the M-100 has the same exact shape as the LP, just a more expensive driver inside.

 

The answer is really quite complicated: People who find the M-100s comfortable aren't clones of you or your brother. In fact, their heads and ears are probably a completely different shape! Wild but true! wink.gif tongue.gif

 

(For what it's worth, I personally find them a tad uncomfortable myself -- My left earlobe just makes contact with the driver housing. Thinking about it, though, it's exceedingly rare for me to encounter a headphone that feels great after an hour of untouched head-time...)

post #878 of 924
So do you have the M-100? I mean I would buy the M-100 right away if it's not cause of the comfort factor.
Also, for anyone that has both the DT 990 Premium or Pro, can you compare it to the M-100?
Edited by jincuteguy - 7/17/13 at 6:34pm
post #879 of 924
Does anyone know if V-moda start selling those bigger larger earpads for the M-100 yet?
post #880 of 924

No release date was given as far as I know...

post #881 of 924
Also, i was looking at the Vmoda LP on amazon.com, and they're all like around $100 ($100 cheaper compare to buying from Vmoda website). So why is it 50% cheaper? And I saw these BEWARE FAKES on Vmoda webstie and facebook.
So are all these LPs selling on amazon for $100 are fake? Cuase I really have no idea.
post #882 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post

Also, i was looking at the Vmoda LP on amazon.com, and they're all like around $100 ($100 cheaper compare to buying from Vmoda website). So why is it 50% cheaper? And I saw these BEWARE FAKES on Vmoda webstie and facebook.
So are all these LPs selling on amazon for $100 are fake? Cuase I really have no idea.

 

There are three versions of a similar looking headphone.  As the price goes up, so does the sound quality.

 

The original LP - around $100.

 

The LP2 - around $200

 

The M100 - around $300

 

All are authentic on Amazon's site if you buy directly from them and not a marketplace seller.

post #883 of 924

^ he's wondering why V-MODA is selling the LPs for $200 USD on their website and Amazon is selling it for half the amount. It seems to me that buying from V-MODA's website would be a complete waste of money...

post #884 of 924
I got an email from Vmoda. They said the LP2 is the same as the LP, just that the LP2 is a limited edition for aesthetic only.

Ticket ID: 28267

Your request has been deemed solved. If you wish to reopen your ticket, reply to this email


David, Jul 18 02:13 pm (PDT):

Jin,

Sound quality will be the same with both models. The LP2 is a more limited edition all matte black version that includes an extra set of blank shields. We do not charge restocking fees.

Rock On,
David
V-MODA Customer Service
http://www.v-moda.com
post #885 of 924
That's not what VMODA and their CEO told us previously.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.