Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews. - Page 58

post #856 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post

I will, as soon as I received them. wink_face.gif


Indeed, Val was on a business trip and he arrived to the US just recently. I ordered the signed shields the 11 of this month but the order was put on hold because he was absent. However, yesterday my signed shields were shipped. biggrin.gif

sweet, looking forward to seeing it

post #857 of 924

This thread has been kinda slow lately.  I assume everyone has been getting their orders.  Any observations?!?

post #858 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

This thread has been kinda slow lately.  I assume everyone has been getting their orders.  Any observations?!?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/10845#post_8975420 over 60 posts a day

post #859 of 924
That explains it!
post #860 of 924

Two months after RMAF and I'm still using and enjoying the M-100.  I'd post in the other thread but I can't keep up with the volume of new posts!

post #861 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post

Two months after RMAF and I'm still using and enjoying the M-100.  I'd post in the other thread but I can't keep up with the volume of new posts!

Agreed with ya on both topics. Whatever you post there simply gets lost.

These past few weeks I've seriously contemplated buying the Signature DJ as audiophile earmuffs, however I feel my M-100 to be satisfying enough sonically yet practical since they have a lower profile & smaller when collapse. And they've been keeping my ears warm on these cold winter days in Tokyo.
post #862 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post

Two months after RMAF and I'm still using and enjoying the M-100.  I'd post in the other thread but I can't keep up with the volume of new posts!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


Agreed with ya on both topics. Whatever you post there simply gets lost.
These past few weeks I've seriously contemplated buying the Signature DJ as audiophile earmuffs, however I feel my M-100 to be satisfying enough sonically yet practical since they have a lower profile & smaller when collapse. And they've been keeping my ears warm on these cold winter days in Tokyo.


Glad to hear both of your experienced feedback on the M-100 as I am really enjoying them yet have this nagging feeling there is always something better out there like the Sig DJ.  I just purchased VAMP and it really brings M-100 mids forward with a noticeable improvement in resolution and detail, so I would say the M-100 continues to impress me even after owning for two months.  It also sounds like they hold their own against more expensive closed headphones like the Sig DJ.

post #863 of 924
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

 I just purchased VAMP and it really brings M-100 mids forward with a noticeable improvement in resolution and detail, so I would say the M-100 continues to impress me even after owning for two months.  It also sounds like they hold their own against more expensive closed headphones like the Sig DJ.

Wouldn't the purchase of the VAMP along with the purchase of the M-100's bring it near the price of the DJ either way?

post #864 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Wouldn't the purchase of the VAMP along with the purchase of the M-100's bring it near the price of the DJ either way?


I was able to pick up Vamp from Amazon the other day for $180 US.  I would imagine Vamp with the Sig DJ would be stellar.

post #865 of 924

I've been enjoying mine for about a week now. Was skeptical at first cause I kept reading about a recessed mid-range but luckily in reality it's actually not that bad (to my ears at least). And it's sound signature is significantly different enough from my other cans to warrant keeping. However, it does clamp really tight on my head so I can't take more than hour or so before I need to remove them for a bit.

post #866 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin27 View Post

I've been enjoying mine for about a week now. Was skeptical at first cause I kept reading about a recessed mid-range but luckily in reality it's actually not that bad (to my ears at least). And it's sound signature is significantly different enough from my other cans to warrant keeping. However, it does clamp really tight on my head so I can't take more than hour or so before I need to remove them for a bit.

Bend the headband flat a bit to reduce the clamping force...also you could do the paper towel mod which apparently helps with comfort!

I too love the mids of the M100, so good for a can with this much bass!
post #867 of 924

How much burn in do these guys require?

post #868 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

How much burn in do these guys require?


I did not find any noticeable sonic changes with burn-in and have owned for over two months.  I thought they sounded great out of the box and my opinion hasn't changed.  I think my ears may have adjusted over time where, at first, I thought they might be bright and now would be okay if the highs extended further.

post #869 of 924

How well are they driven off a Clip+?

post #870 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

How well are they driven off a Clip+?


From my experience you should have no problem, as they were meant to be driven off portable devices.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.