Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews. - Page 48

post #706 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

 

You weren't joking.  

You thought I was? biggrin.gif

post #707 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

You thought I was? biggrin.gif

I thought you were messing with me.  

post #708 of 924

nvm. ^^ found my answer


Edited by EveTan - 11/2/12 at 12:45am
post #709 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I thought you were messing with me.  

Nope lol. Wanted to honestly know people's opinions

post #710 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

I'm really more inclined toward the paws as it's my last name and I'm thinking it'll be kinda cool.. 

Or did anyone have better paw pictures that they can share? biggrin.gif

 

 

 

 

post #711 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

I'm really more inclined toward the paws as it's my last name and I'm thinking it'll be kinda cool.. 

Or did anyone have better paw pictures that they can share? biggrin.gif

As far as design aesthetic is concerned. you need one asymmetrical paw, anything else is wayyyy too much like blackwater. You'll probably want it at a slight tilt and not too large, also consider do you want tracks or just a single paw. GL with the search

post #712 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwonberry View Post

As far as design aesthetic is concerned. you need one asymmetrical paw, anything else is wayyyy too much like blackwater. You'll probably want it at a slight tilt and not too large, also consider do you want tracks or just a single paw. GL with the search

I had no idea what Blackwater even was prior to this. >.>

post #713 of 924

When making my order, must I use the template or can I just upload the picture?

post #714 of 924

It's safer if you use the template.  I just uploaded the picture and they came short of optimizing its size.
 

post #715 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnio View Post

It's safer if you use the template.  I just uploaded the picture and they came short of optimizing its size.
 

 

Thanks for the advise! I was gonna just upload my pic, but I'll use the template now.

post #716 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

No. The detachable 3.5mm makes it impossible to be wired for balanced, unless it's modified. Which is very unlikely as this is a mainstream can we're talking about and no average user will have a clue what balanced even is.

Actually I just found out this is a 4 wire cable with 2 grounds suitable for reterminating to balanced.

post #717 of 924

It might be 4-wire, but if it terminates in 3-pole, you still can't make it properly balanced, any more than if you just soldered the common ground to both ground pins in a balanced setup.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3320070 View Post

Actually I just found out this is a 4 wire cable with 2 grounds suitable for reterminating to balanced.

post #718 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3320070 View Post

Actually I just found out this is a 4 wire cable with 2 grounds suitable for reterminating to balanced.

Which one are you talking about?  The Shareplay cable seems to have an extra wire in it to support a mic in the "shared" connection...but what would be the point in reterminating to balanced if the other end is still a standard TRS plug?

post #719 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

Which one are you talking about?  The Shareplay cable seems to have an extra wire in it to support a mic in the "shared" connection...but what would be the point in reterminating to balanced if the other end is still a standard TRS plug?

I am verifying with them, I was specific but maybe the TRS plug is where the 4 wires end like you both said.

post #720 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3320070 View Post

Actually I just found out this is a 4 wire cable with 2 grounds suitable for reterminating to balanced.

Woot woot! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.