We're working on getting that ready - at least I think, haha.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA M-100 Last post on 3/27/13 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda crossfade m100 Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Last post on 10/6/14 at 3:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda Headphone upgrade worth it? Last post on 11/25/14 at 10:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews. - Page 47post #691 of 92410/29/12 at 10:48amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #692 of 92410/29/12 at 2:19pmpost #693 of 92410/29/12 at 7:35pm
So, I was thinking about doing an in-depth review / critique focused on the individual parts of the headphone, and how they work together as an overall build, as opposed to doing a sound-based review where there is a lot of variability (source, amp, DAC, personal ear tuning, personal music preferences, etc). In other words, a physical model review instead of a sound review. Would anyone find this to be worthwhile, or would it be like looking an advance gift horse in the mouth?post #694 of 92410/29/12 at 8:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tus-Chan
So, I was thinking about doing an in-depth review / critique focused on the individual parts of the headphone, and how they work together as an overall build, as opposed to doing a sound-based review where there is a lot of variability (source, amp, DAC, personal ear tuning, personal music preferences, etc). In other words, a physical model review instead of a sound review. Would anyone find this to be worthwhile, or would it be like looking an advance gift horse in the mouth?
I think it would be worthwhile. Providing details other than "they're indestructible" would be nice for some people I think.
- I've partially taken apart the M-100 and the weakest parts of the headphone are at the adjustable headband area I think (basically anything around the wingplates).
- The CLIQFOLD hinge also has a pretty cool mechanism (a metal nub slides in/out of designated notches, which makes the *click* sound)
- The cables that run out of the earcups can be "tucked" into the earcups themselves so they don't stick out as much
- ^ related to these cables again, they prevent the earcups from swiveling beyond 90˚ from the "natural position"
- The plastic parts of the yokes that attach to each earcup can pop out, detaching the earcup from the metal yokes
- All of the screws on the metal yokes are secured in place with the same hex screws as the removable shields
Edited by miceblue - 10/29/12 at 8:07pmpost #695 of 92410/29/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
These headphones are anything but indestructible, I've had two different problems with them in that area already.
I'll start working on it when I get some time.post #696 of 92410/29/12 at 9:10pmQuote:
Interesting to hear. So to re-iterate my previous answer, yes, I think providing details would be beneficial for some people to hear about.post #697 of 92410/31/12 at 7:25pmpost #698 of 92410/31/12 at 8:10pmpost #699 of 92410/31/12 at 11:32pmpost #700 of 92411/1/12 at 12:01ampost #701 of 92411/1/12 at 12:49ampost #702 of 92411/1/12 at 1:42ampost #703 of 92411/1/12 at 7:44ampost #704 of 92411/1/12 at 8:50ampost #705 of 92411/1/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Quote:
You weren't joking.
- V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Band Name Game II 14 seconds ago
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 23 seconds ago
- › Pro700mk2 vs Beats Solo 2 vs Something Else 47 seconds ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 59 seconds ago
- › $150~170 Closed Balanced/Neutral Headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Can someone help me calculate the dB level of my headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What is a closed headphone upgrade that is leaps and bounds above... 3 minutes ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3