We're working on getting that ready - at least I think, haha.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA M-100 Last post on 3/27/13 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda crossfade m100 Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Last post on 10/6/14 at 3:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda Headphone upgrade worth it? Last post on 11/25/14 at 10:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews. - Page 47post #691 of 92410/29/12 at 10:48amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #692 of 92410/29/12 at 2:19pmpost #693 of 92410/29/12 at 7:35pm
So, I was thinking about doing an in-depth review / critique focused on the individual parts of the headphone, and how they work together as an overall build, as opposed to doing a sound-based review where there is a lot of variability (source, amp, DAC, personal ear tuning, personal music preferences, etc). In other words, a physical model review instead of a sound review. Would anyone find this to be worthwhile, or would it be like looking an advance gift horse in the mouth?post #694 of 92410/29/12 at 8:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tus-Chan
So, I was thinking about doing an in-depth review / critique focused on the individual parts of the headphone, and how they work together as an overall build, as opposed to doing a sound-based review where there is a lot of variability (source, amp, DAC, personal ear tuning, personal music preferences, etc). In other words, a physical model review instead of a sound review. Would anyone find this to be worthwhile, or would it be like looking an advance gift horse in the mouth?
I think it would be worthwhile. Providing details other than "they're indestructible" would be nice for some people I think.
- I've partially taken apart the M-100 and the weakest parts of the headphone are at the adjustable headband area I think (basically anything around the wingplates).
- The CLIQFOLD hinge also has a pretty cool mechanism (a metal nub slides in/out of designated notches, which makes the *click* sound)
- The cables that run out of the earcups can be "tucked" into the earcups themselves so they don't stick out as much
- ^ related to these cables again, they prevent the earcups from swiveling beyond 90˚ from the "natural position"
- The plastic parts of the yokes that attach to each earcup can pop out, detaching the earcup from the metal yokes
- All of the screws on the metal yokes are secured in place with the same hex screws as the removable shields
Edited by miceblue - 10/29/12 at 8:07pmpost #695 of 92410/29/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
These headphones are anything but indestructible, I've had two different problems with them in that area already.
I'll start working on it when I get some time.post #696 of 92410/29/12 at 9:10pmQuote:
Interesting to hear. So to re-iterate my previous answer, yes, I think providing details would be beneficial for some people to hear about.post #697 of 92410/31/12 at 7:25pmpost #698 of 92410/31/12 at 8:10pmpost #699 of 92410/31/12 at 11:32pmpost #700 of 92411/1/12 at 12:01amQuote:
I like the second one since it looks cute. :Dpost #701 of 92411/1/12 at 12:49ampost #702 of 92411/1/12 at 1:42ampost #703 of 92411/1/12 at 7:44ampost #704 of 92411/1/12 at 8:50ampost #705 of 92411/1/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Quote:
You weren't joking.
- V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
- Headphone Impedance
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 1 minute ago
- › Albuquerque April 2016 meet impressions 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 2 minutes ago
- › Post your favourite 80s music videos, any genre 2 minutes ago
- › Rewiring the SRM-323S from 100V to 120V 3 minutes ago
- › Full-size closed headphones recommendations? (under $300) 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 4 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse