We're working on getting that ready - at least I think, haha.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA M-100 Last post on 3/27/13 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda crossfade m100 Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda Crossfade Wireless versus V-Moda M-100 - sound quality difference? Last post on 10/11/16 at 2:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Last post on 10/6/14 at 3:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
https://store.thinksound.com/ I would like to give a hearty thanks to Thinksound's Aaron Fournier for reaching out to me for this review. I was provided with a review sample of the ON2...
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews. - Page 47post #691 of 92410/29/12 at 10:48amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #692 of 92410/29/12 at 2:19pmpost #693 of 92410/29/12 at 7:35pm
So, I was thinking about doing an in-depth review / critique focused on the individual parts of the headphone, and how they work together as an overall build, as opposed to doing a sound-based review where there is a lot of variability (source, amp, DAC, personal ear tuning, personal music preferences, etc). In other words, a physical model review instead of a sound review. Would anyone find this to be worthwhile, or would it be like looking an advance gift horse in the mouth?post #694 of 92410/29/12 at 8:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tus-Chan
So, I was thinking about doing an in-depth review / critique focused on the individual parts of the headphone, and how they work together as an overall build, as opposed to doing a sound-based review where there is a lot of variability (source, amp, DAC, personal ear tuning, personal music preferences, etc). In other words, a physical model review instead of a sound review. Would anyone find this to be worthwhile, or would it be like looking an advance gift horse in the mouth?
I think it would be worthwhile. Providing details other than "they're indestructible" would be nice for some people I think.
- I've partially taken apart the M-100 and the weakest parts of the headphone are at the adjustable headband area I think (basically anything around the wingplates).
- The CLIQFOLD hinge also has a pretty cool mechanism (a metal nub slides in/out of designated notches, which makes the *click* sound)
- The cables that run out of the earcups can be "tucked" into the earcups themselves so they don't stick out as much
- ^ related to these cables again, they prevent the earcups from swiveling beyond 90˚ from the "natural position"
- The plastic parts of the yokes that attach to each earcup can pop out, detaching the earcup from the metal yokes
- All of the screws on the metal yokes are secured in place with the same hex screws as the removable shields
Edited by miceblue - 10/29/12 at 8:07pmpost #695 of 92410/29/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
These headphones are anything but indestructible, I've had two different problems with them in that area already.
I'll start working on it when I get some time.post #696 of 92410/29/12 at 9:10pmQuote:
Interesting to hear. So to re-iterate my previous answer, yes, I think providing details would be beneficial for some people to hear about.post #697 of 92410/31/12 at 7:25pmpost #698 of 92410/31/12 at 8:10pmpost #699 of 92410/31/12 at 11:32pmpost #700 of 92411/1/12 at 12:01ampost #701 of 92411/1/12 at 12:49ampost #702 of 92411/1/12 at 1:42ampost #703 of 92411/1/12 at 7:44ampost #704 of 92411/1/12 at 8:50ampost #705 of 92411/1/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Quote:
You weren't joking.
- V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 43 seconds ago
- › iPhone 7 severe issue with MFi DACs 49 seconds ago
- › Low cost player primarily for audiobooks? 1 minute ago
- › AMP/DAC for Sennheiser HD 700 headphones 1 minute ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 6 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 7 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 10 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 10 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...