or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews. - Page 25

post #361 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey20 View Post

Thanks Craigster! Guess I'll be passing on the M-100. I don't want to only be able to enjoy the sound of the M-100s for 30 mins at a time, and if I were to use them as a travel headphone while flying, I'm definitely going to need my ears not to hurt that quickly :P

Comfort is normally a personal thing so you should try them out before dismissing them so quickly!
post #362 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddypdler View Post


Comfort is normally a personal thing so you should try them out before dismissing them so quickly!

True, the problem is I have the Crossfade LPs and they cause my ears to want to fall off within 30 mins. Seems like the depth of the cups from LP to M-100 hasn't changed and the UE6000 is just barely deep enough to not cause my ears any pain. I can actually feel the tip of my ear hitting the inside of the cup, but it's not enough to hurt my ears and the UE6000 seems to have less clamp than the M-100s.


Edited by Ricey20 - 10/11/12 at 6:31pm
post #363 of 924

Does the M-100 (or UE6000) isolate outside noise better than your old D600?

post #364 of 924

Awesome review! They sound pretty much just what I'm looking for!

 

Any comparisons with some other summit-fi type headphones? :P

post #365 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 The way I'd summarise the soundstage and imaging to my ears is that some of the other headphones sound like a big gig in a small pub/bar but the M-100 sounds like a gig in a concert with you sitting around the 5th row from the front.

Dear Anakchan,

 

Can you point out the music you used to determine the soundstage?

 

Can you do your soundstage comparisons using this:

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by LFF View Post

 

Very well done video using binaural audio.

 
post #366 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey20 View Post

Thanks Craigster! Guess I'll be passing on the M-100. I don't want to only be able to enjoy the sound of the M-100s for 30 mins at a time, and if I were to use them as a travel headphone while flying, I'm definitely going to need my ears not to hurt that quickly :P

Or you could just let the pain sit in. And eventually you will get used to it and not feel it at all. Thats what I did with my Lps and M80s. so Ill do it for my M100s. curse my unatached earlobes!
post #367 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post

Dear Anakchan,

 

Can you point out the music you used to determine the soundstage?

 

Can you do your soundstage comparisons using this:

 


 

 

I think you asked about the soundstage in a different post. I can do a quick comparison between the M100 and the 598 tomorrow.

post #368 of 924

Not sure if this has been answered, but... When is the general public release?

post #369 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post


Or you could just let the pain sit in. And eventually you will get used to it and not feel it at all. Thats what I did with my Lps and M80s. so Ill do it for my M100s. curse my unatached earlobes!

Wish I could do this but I guess my ears are just too sensitive. I've tried using the LPs for over 3 months hoping that I would get used to it but it seems they just get sore even quicker and with more pain as time goes on, to the point it causes me headaches if I try to endure it.


Edited by Ricey20 - 10/11/12 at 7:56pm
post #370 of 924

Totally not a fair fight. beerchug.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaFi View Post

 

I think you asked about the soundstage in a different post. I can do a quick comparison between the M100 and the 598 tomorrow.

post #371 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Totally not a fair fight. beerchug.gif

 

 

Already know the result, but he asked ;)

post #372 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Although the M4U2 is an excellent headphone, M-100 resolution is higher and has superior bass punch, making M-100 a much more enjoyable and exciting listening experience for me.

 

I guess I can cross this one off the list as well...

post #373 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3320070 View Post

Does the M-100 (or UE6000) isolate outside noise better than your old D600?


No better or worse from what I can tell.

post #374 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Totally not a fair fight. beerchug.gif

Off topic, but nice Amon Tobin avatar. wink.gif
Can't wait to hear ISAM on the M-100! Woo!
post #375 of 924

The Two Fingers LP came in today so I figured it was appropriate. I actually just got in The Foley Room in on vinyl as well...oh, and his huge box set a week or so ago. 

 

biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Off topic, but nice Amon Tobin avatar. wink.gif
Can't wait to hear ISAM on the M-100! Woo!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.