Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews. - Page 23

post #331 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3320070 View Post

Does anyone know if this is a 4 wire cable (if I wanted to reterminate to balanced)?

No. The detachable 3.5mm makes it impossible to be wired for balanced, unless it's modified. Which is very unlikely as this is a mainstream can we're talking about and no average user will have a clue what balanced even is.

post #332 of 924

Thanks Craigster for the fine and concise review. The boom mic must fit very nicely between those nasty teeth. atsmile.gif

post #333 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

I am usually camera shy, but thought I would be brave and show off my new M-100.  Isolation is good considering the dreds.

Seriously though, first impressions out of the box:
  • One of the best sounding headphones I ever heard in my semi-limited experience
  • Midrange resolution and detail is fantastic
  • High end resolution and extension is even better than I imagined.  There is sparkle with no hint of sibilance, just beautiful, smooth, clear, detailed highs
  • Bass has superb tightness and punch; bassheads that want the biggest, deepest bass ever will be disappointed; music enthusiasts who appreciate beautifully presented impactful bass that complements detailed mids and smooth extended highs will love the bass;  bass is noticeably enhanced with amping Versa anyone??
  • Build quality is fantastic.  M-100 is more compact than I thought, very solid, design is really an innovative work of art, especially the hinges and goes right down to the smallest details.  Cups are smaller than I thought, but I can still squeeze my ears in.  Oversized leather pads in our future??  Val's passion and ingenuity created something really special here.
  • IMO, the M-100 completely destroys Amperior and Momentum sonically.  Consider the bar raised for every manufacturer.

Thank you Val.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


They are different enough in signature that I plan to keep both as of right now.  In fairness to both, I prefer not to get into specific differences until I listen for a few days.


Congratulations for being the first person to post actual details regarding the M-100's sound!
From the list you've made so far, I think I'm going to enjoy the M-100. Midrange + details = yay. : ) )

How forward is the midrange relative to the UE6000 if you get the chance?

Looking forward to hearing the M-100 with an an O2 amp to go with my K701 eventually.
post #334 of 924

Will look forward to more impressions/review by you craigster versus UE6000 especially, your opinion I know I can trust & relate to. :P But I have to ask, in terms of bass quantity, which one has more, UE6000 or M100 or are they very similar. Both bass quantity and midrange comparision and soundstage would be very interesting to know how M100 and UE6000 compares like.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 10/11/12 at 10:39am
post #335 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey20 View Post


Can you compare the depth of the cups when you get the chance? The huge issue I had with the Crossfade LPs were the shallow cups and my ears bottoming out, causing pain very quickly. The UE6000s I have I can wear all day without any discomfort, though I believe it to be at the edge of how deep the cup can be before bottoming out my ears. No point in me keeping headphones that cause my ears to go red within 30 mins.


Pads are deeper with the UE6000.

post #336 of 924

Nice impressions Craig, thank you for posting that!

post #337 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Pads are deeper with the UE6000.

I find that rather surprising since they look flat as a board compared to the m-100s

post #338 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfireblade25 View Post

I find that rather surprising since they look flat as a board compared to the m-100s


I just measured to make sure it wasn't an optical illusion.  The difference is small, but is there- 1/8th to 1/4 of an inch.

post #339 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfireblade25 View Post

I find that rather surprising since they look flat as a board compared to the m-100s

The UE6000's actually have a pretty deep earcup.

Craigster75, how is the mass of the M-100 compared to the UE6k? The UE6k's were pretty heavy in-hand, but surprisingly comfortable on-head.
post #340 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


The UE6000's actually have a pretty deep earcup.
Craigster75, how is the mass of the M-100 compared to the UE6k? The UE6k's were pretty heavy in-hand, but surprisingly comfortable on-head.


M-100 is lighter, smaller and folds up into an almost mindblowingly small package.

post #341 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

I am usually camera shy, but thought I would be brave and show off my new M-100.  Isolation is good considering the dreds.

 

Seriously though, first impressions out of the box:

 

  • One of the best sounding headphones I ever heard in my semi-limited experience
  • Midrange resolution and detail is fantastic
  • High end resolution and extension is even better than I imagined.  There is sparkle with no hint of sibilance, just beautiful, smooth, clear, detailed highs
  • Bass has superb tightness and punch; bassheads that want the biggest, deepest bass ever will be disappointed; music enthusiasts who appreciate beautifully presented impactful bass that complements detailed mids and smooth extended highs will love the bass;  bass is noticeably enhanced with amping Versa anyone??
  • Build quality is fantastic.  M-100 is more compact than I thought, very solid, design is really an innovative work of art, especially the hinges and goes right down to the smallest details.  Cups are smaller than I thought, but I can still squeeze my ears in.  Oversized leather pads in our future??  Val's passion and ingenuity created something really special here.
  • IMO, the M-100 completely destroys Amperior and Momentum sonically.  Consider the bar raised for every manufacturer.

 

Thank you Val.

 

 

thanks for your impressions!

 

But the question you're gonna get asked the most will probably be...

 

How does the bass compare to the M80 without an amp?

 

I know that according to the specs, it will be improved, but did you find this to be true? if so how noticeable was it?

 

Thanks

post #342 of 924
post #343 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by agua View Post

thanks for your impressions!

 

But the question you're gonna get asked the most will probably be...

 

How does the bass compare to the M80 without an amp?

 

I know that according to the specs, it will be improved, but did you find this to be true? if so how noticeable was it?

 

Thanks


This one is a no brainer- absolutely bigger, better bass than M-80.

post #344 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

No. The detachable 3.5mm makes it impossible to be wired for balanced, unless it's modified. Which is very unlikely as this is a mainstream can we're talking about and no average user will have a clue what balanced even is.

 

I see- it's detachable. Guess I would have to open them up, I've done it before...


Edited by tim3320070 - 10/11/12 at 1:36pm
post #345 of 924
Hey craig, any initial impressions vs psb m4u1/2?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.