Me too. And for the first time I've thought about getting some extra shields to go with them. I'm thinking Matte Black with some gunmetal shields would be pretty killer :P
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA M-100 Last post on 3/27/13 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 11/7/13 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda crossfade m100 Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda M100 Crossfades Matte Black For Sale Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:44am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Shadow and White Silver colors are back, special! Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:24am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews. - Page 12post #166 of 9039/30/12 at 10:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 9039/30/12 at 11:01amQuote:
Pics will be required....just sayin' :)post #168 of 9039/30/12 at 11:11ampost #169 of 9039/30/12 at 11:11amQuote:
I'm gonna be getting a set of gunmetal shields from a friend of mine when I get my M-100s! It will look stunning. I just wish the wingplates could be changed on the M-100 too.post #170 of 9039/30/12 at 11:13ampost #171 of 9039/30/12 at 12:14pmQuote:While on a bus, I don't think I would enjoy the sound of the DT1350 and I would actually prefer the warmer-sounding M-80. Therefore it doesn't matter how superior the cans sound technically if I can't enjoy music with background noise on a bus.Originally Posted by takato14
Sound quality is far superior. Period. The M80 has half the resolution. It also doesn't have the amazing PRaT of the 1350s, which is what makes the 1350s so much fun to listen to.
The 1350's are all nextel coated aluminum. The headband is spring-steel. The only plastic part is the pivot point on the headband. How can the mostly plastic M80 be built better? It's not physically possible.
Design is opinion. I do agree that the M-80 looks nicer.
Let me clarify something: I have heard the M-80 and I do like them. But, the DT1350 just gives you so much more, and I can't see the M-100 being that much better than the M-80.
Yes, I absolutely love my detailed Shure SRH940 headphones and I love how detailed they are (look up reviews if you don't believe me; people say it's the most detailed can under $1000) as well as having a fairly large soundstage for a full-sized sealed headphone.
On a bus however, they fail miserably with virtually no bass response, sharp treble, and little PRaT. I would prefer a bass-emphasized headphone in this scenario, and from what I've read, the DT1350 might not meet those expectations.
Again, therefore the DT1350 may be technically superior, but it fails for my purposes and you can't say that they will automatically crush the M-100 since you haven't even heard them yet.
171 posts in this thread, with 1 post of impressions. W00t!post #172 of 9039/30/12 at 12:36pmpost #173 of 9039/30/12 at 12:38pmThread StarterQuote:
I never intended for this thread to become an extension of the last one.. This one is meant to be the actual review/impressions/images thread. We're just waiting on Anakchan to get that started off.post #174 of 90310/1/12 at 7:07amQuote:
I hate to say it, but anything related to V-Moda is going to suffer this fate. The over-the-top fanboism passion for their products is a little bit of a turnoff for me. I will try to keep an open mind, but I will have to sift through a lot of garbage to get the info. I will say that I am interested in listening to these though.post #175 of 90310/1/12 at 7:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Speakerphile
I hate to say it, but anything related to V-Moda is going to suffer this fate. The over-the-top fanboism passion for their products is a little bit of a turnoff for me. I will try to keep an open mind, but I will have to sift through a lot of garbage to get the info. I will say that I am interested in listening to these though.
This is exactly how I feel. If not for the front page (which I rarely visit) I would have never known about AnakChan's unboxing.
I avoid V-Moda threads now, and that help shift my interest to other headphones.
Edited by RoMee - 10/1/12 at 7:32ampost #176 of 90310/1/12 at 7:58amQuote:
Hm, so if they're good, you'll just miss out because many others think they're good?post #177 of 90310/1/12 at 8:41amQuote:
Learn to read dude, I didn't say I wasn't going to buy it. I will buy it one day depending on non-fanboy reviews (jude, tyll, etc.)
It's just not at the top of my must have list anymore.
1. AKG Tiesto
2. Audio Technica WS99
3. Yamaha PRO500
4&5. Sony XB900 or M-100
I'm not saying any of these are better than the other, this is just a list of my level of interest.
Edited by RoMee - 10/1/12 at 8:45ampost #178 of 90310/1/12 at 8:47amQuote:
He's just trying to stay objective. He isn't ignoring the M-100. He just wants to concentrate on the neutral reviews and comments, and avoid the noise.post #179 of 90310/1/12 at 9:10ampost #180 of 90310/1/12 at 9:18amQuote:
^^Indeed, sir. This is exactly what I am trying to do.
- V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Astrotec AM-800 a metal and wood IEM 2 seconds ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 2 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone IQ~Huge Price Drop!!~ 3 minutes ago
- › Music lovers seek to pump up digital audio quality 5 minutes ago
- › League of Legends? 7 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 7 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 7 minutes ago
- › Westone ES5 10 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 12 minutes ago
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi