How disappointing... there's no chance they'll be worth that.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA M-100 Last post on 3/27/13 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda crossfade m100 Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Last post on 10/6/14 at 3:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda Headphone upgrade worth it? Last post on 11/25/14 at 10:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews. - Page 10post #136 of 9249/30/12 at 9:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 9249/30/12 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #138 of 9249/30/12 at 9:14am
Why do you say they're not worth it? You'd pay $$$ for an outdated pocket PC, but this hp isn't worth it? I think this is worth the money, and I'm most likely not alone. IF it sounds as good as I think it will,...a review of the sq will make or break it.post #139 of 9249/30/12 at 9:14am
Trying to ask this question calmly as dozens of Head-fiers yell at their monitors- what are you basing that on?
Edited by Craigster75 - 9/30/12 at 9:17ampost #140 of 9249/30/12 at 9:20amQuote:
The Beyerdynamic DT1350 exists.post #141 of 9249/30/12 at 9:24ampost #142 of 9249/30/12 at 9:24ampost #143 of 9249/30/12 at 9:24amQuote:
What? You're crazy >____>post #144 of 9249/30/12 at 9:25ampost #145 of 9249/30/12 at 9:28amQuote:
The DT1350 is $300. It is definitely the best in its price range.
Neutral, bottomless bass response, insane detail retrieval, awesome sense of rhythm (PRaT), great soundstage, precise imaging, easy to drive, indestructable build quality... the list goes on.post #146 of 9249/30/12 at 9:30amQuote:
Well, then we disagree.post #147 of 9249/30/12 at 9:36amQuote:
Sound quality is far superior. Period. The M80 has half the resolution. It also doesn't have the amazing PRaT of the 1350s, which is what makes the 1350s so much fun to listen to.
The 1350's are all nextel coated aluminum. The headband is spring-steel. The only plastic part is the pivot point on the headband. How can the mostly plastic M80 be built better? It's not physically possible.
Design is opinion. I do agree that the M-80 looks nicer.
Let me clarify something: I have heard the M-80 and I do like them. But, the DT1350 just gives you so much more, and I can't see the M-100 being that much better than the M-80.
Edited by takato14 - 9/30/12 at 9:40ampost #148 of 9249/30/12 at 9:39amQuote:
Why not both?
Man, I'd love to hear someone who owns the Beyerdynamic DT1350 to come out and speak. Roma? Oh, and me.
I love my DT1350's, but that doesn't mean that they're the only can around for me. Prejudicing yourself before the purchase based on price (although I suppose I am a bit guilty of this with the earpods) is always going to limit your field of vision. Armagaeis did a review/comparison of some portable cans, and I highly agree with his opinion that the DT1350's are ultimately a bit sterile for quite a few songs. Gorgeous, gorgeous vocals, but sometimes it just doesn't groove with music as well as other cans.post #149 of 9249/30/12 at 9:41amQuote:
...they're also on-ear and have been measured to have SQ that varies considerably from unit to unit. Concerning the latter attribute, V-MODA has prided itself on minimizing anomalies, both aural and physical, within a product line. Referencing the former, I've never owned/auditioned a supra-aural headphone that didn't cause me a level of discomfort. Then again, it's institution for me to rally through no less than 3 full albums end-to-end at least a few nights per week.
The valuation of the M-100, as with every other consumer good, will be subjective.
Edited by Curly21029 - 9/30/12 at 9:44ampost #150 of 9249/30/12 at 9:46am
Wow. Troll much? I don't KNOW that they will be worth $299, but it is certainly reasonable to consider it a possibility. Also, you can't conclude that the M-100 is not "worth that" just because another headphone that you like is priced a little bit lower. Worth is not calculated relative to other models of headphones. Value, maybe. Worth is calculated based on an individuals willingness to pay for something, or on the cost of the raw materials and labor required to build something. It is clear that you have already concluded that this headphone is not worth much to you. Given that you likely have not heard one yet, this just makes you look like a fool. Overall, I would say that an audiophile-leaning, presumably well-made circumaural headphone priced at $299 is on the lower end of what most would consider the average price.
- V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 30 seconds ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › AMB Gamma2 DAC 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for up to 55£? 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse First Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)