How disappointing... there's no chance they'll be worth that.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA M-100 Last post on 3/27/13 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda crossfade m100 Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beats Pro VS V-Moda Crossfade M-100 Last post on 2/27/14 at 9:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews. - Page 10post #136 of 9249/30/12 at 9:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 9249/30/12 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #138 of 9249/30/12 at 9:14am
Why do you say they're not worth it? You'd pay $$$ for an outdated pocket PC, but this hp isn't worth it? I think this is worth the money, and I'm most likely not alone. IF it sounds as good as I think it will,...a review of the sq will make or break it.post #139 of 9249/30/12 at 9:14am
Trying to ask this question calmly as dozens of Head-fiers yell at their monitors- what are you basing that on?
Edited by Craigster75 - 9/30/12 at 9:17ampost #140 of 9249/30/12 at 9:20amQuote:
The Beyerdynamic DT1350 exists.post #141 of 9249/30/12 at 9:24ampost #142 of 9249/30/12 at 9:24ampost #143 of 9249/30/12 at 9:24amQuote:
What? You're crazy >____>post #144 of 9249/30/12 at 9:25ampost #145 of 9249/30/12 at 9:28amQuote:
The DT1350 is $300. It is definitely the best in its price range.
Neutral, bottomless bass response, insane detail retrieval, awesome sense of rhythm (PRaT), great soundstage, precise imaging, easy to drive, indestructable build quality... the list goes on.post #146 of 9249/30/12 at 9:30amQuote:
Well, then we disagree.post #147 of 9249/30/12 at 9:36amQuote:
Sound quality is far superior. Period. The M80 has half the resolution. It also doesn't have the amazing PRaT of the 1350s, which is what makes the 1350s so much fun to listen to.
The 1350's are all nextel coated aluminum. The headband is spring-steel. The only plastic part is the pivot point on the headband. How can the mostly plastic M80 be built better? It's not physically possible.
Design is opinion. I do agree that the M-80 looks nicer.
Let me clarify something: I have heard the M-80 and I do like them. But, the DT1350 just gives you so much more, and I can't see the M-100 being that much better than the M-80.
Edited by takato14 - 9/30/12 at 9:40ampost #148 of 9249/30/12 at 9:39amQuote:
Why not both?
Man, I'd love to hear someone who owns the Beyerdynamic DT1350 to come out and speak. Roma? Oh, and me.
I love my DT1350's, but that doesn't mean that they're the only can around for me. Prejudicing yourself before the purchase based on price (although I suppose I am a bit guilty of this with the earpods) is always going to limit your field of vision. Armagaeis did a review/comparison of some portable cans, and I highly agree with his opinion that the DT1350's are ultimately a bit sterile for quite a few songs. Gorgeous, gorgeous vocals, but sometimes it just doesn't groove with music as well as other cans.post #149 of 9249/30/12 at 9:41amQuote:
...they're also on-ear and have been measured to have SQ that varies considerably from unit to unit. Concerning the latter attribute, V-MODA has prided itself on minimizing anomalies, both aural and physical, within a product line. Referencing the former, I've never owned/auditioned a supra-aural headphone that didn't cause me a level of discomfort. Then again, it's institution for me to rally through no less than 3 full albums end-to-end at least a few nights per week.
The valuation of the M-100, as with every other consumer good, will be subjective.
Edited by Curly21029 - 9/30/12 at 9:44ampost #150 of 9249/30/12 at 9:46am
Wow. Troll much? I don't KNOW that they will be worth $299, but it is certainly reasonable to consider it a possibility. Also, you can't conclude that the M-100 is not "worth that" just because another headphone that you like is priced a little bit lower. Worth is not calculated relative to other models of headphones. Value, maybe. Worth is calculated based on an individuals willingness to pay for something, or on the cost of the raw materials and labor required to build something. It is clear that you have already concluded that this headphone is not worth much to you. Given that you likely have not heard one yet, this just makes you look like a fool. Overall, I would say that an audiophile-leaning, presumably well-made circumaural headphone priced at $299 is on the lower end of what most would consider the average price.
- V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 32 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 35 seconds ago
- › What would make the perfect headphone ? 44 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › About SENNHEISER HD580 box....Maybe mainly two kind 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)