How disappointing... there's no chance they'll be worth that.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA M-100 Last post on 3/27/13 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda crossfade m100 Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Last post on 10/6/14 at 3:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda Headphone upgrade worth it? Last post on 11/25/14 at 10:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews. - Page 10post #136 of 9249/30/12 at 9:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 9249/30/12 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #138 of 9249/30/12 at 9:14am
Why do you say they're not worth it? You'd pay $$$ for an outdated pocket PC, but this hp isn't worth it? I think this is worth the money, and I'm most likely not alone. IF it sounds as good as I think it will,...a review of the sq will make or break it.post #139 of 9249/30/12 at 9:14am
Trying to ask this question calmly as dozens of Head-fiers yell at their monitors- what are you basing that on?
Edited by Craigster75 - 9/30/12 at 9:17ampost #140 of 9249/30/12 at 9:20amQuote:
The Beyerdynamic DT1350 exists.post #141 of 9249/30/12 at 9:24ampost #142 of 9249/30/12 at 9:24ampost #143 of 9249/30/12 at 9:24amQuote:
What? You're crazy >____>post #144 of 9249/30/12 at 9:25ampost #145 of 9249/30/12 at 9:28amQuote:
The DT1350 is $300. It is definitely the best in its price range.
Neutral, bottomless bass response, insane detail retrieval, awesome sense of rhythm (PRaT), great soundstage, precise imaging, easy to drive, indestructable build quality... the list goes on.post #146 of 9249/30/12 at 9:30amQuote:
Well, then we disagree.post #147 of 9249/30/12 at 9:36amQuote:
Sound quality is far superior. Period. The M80 has half the resolution. It also doesn't have the amazing PRaT of the 1350s, which is what makes the 1350s so much fun to listen to.
The 1350's are all nextel coated aluminum. The headband is spring-steel. The only plastic part is the pivot point on the headband. How can the mostly plastic M80 be built better? It's not physically possible.
Design is opinion. I do agree that the M-80 looks nicer.
Let me clarify something: I have heard the M-80 and I do like them. But, the DT1350 just gives you so much more, and I can't see the M-100 being that much better than the M-80.
Edited by takato14 - 9/30/12 at 9:40ampost #148 of 9249/30/12 at 9:39amQuote:
Why not both?
Man, I'd love to hear someone who owns the Beyerdynamic DT1350 to come out and speak. Roma? Oh, and me.
I love my DT1350's, but that doesn't mean that they're the only can around for me. Prejudicing yourself before the purchase based on price (although I suppose I am a bit guilty of this with the earpods) is always going to limit your field of vision. Armagaeis did a review/comparison of some portable cans, and I highly agree with his opinion that the DT1350's are ultimately a bit sterile for quite a few songs. Gorgeous, gorgeous vocals, but sometimes it just doesn't groove with music as well as other cans.post #149 of 9249/30/12 at 9:41amQuote:
...they're also on-ear and have been measured to have SQ that varies considerably from unit to unit. Concerning the latter attribute, V-MODA has prided itself on minimizing anomalies, both aural and physical, within a product line. Referencing the former, I've never owned/auditioned a supra-aural headphone that didn't cause me a level of discomfort. Then again, it's institution for me to rally through no less than 3 full albums end-to-end at least a few nights per week.
The valuation of the M-100, as with every other consumer good, will be subjective.
Edited by Curly21029 - 9/30/12 at 9:44ampost #150 of 9249/30/12 at 9:46am
Wow. Troll much? I don't KNOW that they will be worth $299, but it is certainly reasonable to consider it a possibility. Also, you can't conclude that the M-100 is not "worth that" just because another headphone that you like is priced a little bit lower. Worth is not calculated relative to other models of headphones. Value, maybe. Worth is calculated based on an individuals willingness to pay for something, or on the cost of the raw materials and labor required to build something. It is clear that you have already concluded that this headphone is not worth much to you. Given that you likely have not heard one yet, this just makes you look like a fool. Overall, I would say that an audiophile-leaning, presumably well-made circumaural headphone priced at $299 is on the lower end of what most would consider the average price.
- V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › Portland - Oregon Head-Fi Meet, May 7th 9:30am - 3:30 pm Mt Scott... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Heed Canamp $225 Shipped OBO (not looking for trades) 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse