How disappointing... there's no chance they'll be worth that.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA M-100 Last post on 3/27/13 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda crossfade m100 Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda Crossfade Wireless versus V-Moda M-100 - sound quality difference? Last post on 10/11/16 at 2:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Last post on 10/6/14 at 3:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews. - Page 10post #136 of 9249/30/12 at 9:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 9249/30/12 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #138 of 9249/30/12 at 9:14am
Why do you say they're not worth it? You'd pay $$$ for an outdated pocket PC, but this hp isn't worth it? I think this is worth the money, and I'm most likely not alone. IF it sounds as good as I think it will,...a review of the sq will make or break it.post #139 of 9249/30/12 at 9:14am
Trying to ask this question calmly as dozens of Head-fiers yell at their monitors- what are you basing that on?
Edited by Craigster75 - 9/30/12 at 9:17ampost #140 of 9249/30/12 at 9:20amQuote:
The Beyerdynamic DT1350 exists.post #141 of 9249/30/12 at 9:24ampost #142 of 9249/30/12 at 9:24ampost #143 of 9249/30/12 at 9:24amQuote:
What? You're crazy >____>post #144 of 9249/30/12 at 9:25ampost #145 of 9249/30/12 at 9:28amQuote:
The DT1350 is $300. It is definitely the best in its price range.
Neutral, bottomless bass response, insane detail retrieval, awesome sense of rhythm (PRaT), great soundstage, precise imaging, easy to drive, indestructable build quality... the list goes on.post #146 of 9249/30/12 at 9:30amQuote:
Well, then we disagree.post #147 of 9249/30/12 at 9:36amQuote:
Sound quality is far superior. Period. The M80 has half the resolution. It also doesn't have the amazing PRaT of the 1350s, which is what makes the 1350s so much fun to listen to.
The 1350's are all nextel coated aluminum. The headband is spring-steel. The only plastic part is the pivot point on the headband. How can the mostly plastic M80 be built better? It's not physically possible.
Design is opinion. I do agree that the M-80 looks nicer.
Let me clarify something: I have heard the M-80 and I do like them. But, the DT1350 just gives you so much more, and I can't see the M-100 being that much better than the M-80.
Edited by takato14 - 9/30/12 at 9:40ampost #148 of 9249/30/12 at 9:39amQuote:
Why not both?
Man, I'd love to hear someone who owns the Beyerdynamic DT1350 to come out and speak. Roma? Oh, and me.
I love my DT1350's, but that doesn't mean that they're the only can around for me. Prejudicing yourself before the purchase based on price (although I suppose I am a bit guilty of this with the earpods) is always going to limit your field of vision. Armagaeis did a review/comparison of some portable cans, and I highly agree with his opinion that the DT1350's are ultimately a bit sterile for quite a few songs. Gorgeous, gorgeous vocals, but sometimes it just doesn't groove with music as well as other cans.post #149 of 9249/30/12 at 9:41amQuote:
...they're also on-ear and have been measured to have SQ that varies considerably from unit to unit. Concerning the latter attribute, V-MODA has prided itself on minimizing anomalies, both aural and physical, within a product line. Referencing the former, I've never owned/auditioned a supra-aural headphone that didn't cause me a level of discomfort. Then again, it's institution for me to rally through no less than 3 full albums end-to-end at least a few nights per week.
The valuation of the M-100, as with every other consumer good, will be subjective.
Edited by Curly21029 - 9/30/12 at 9:44ampost #150 of 9249/30/12 at 9:46am
Wow. Troll much? I don't KNOW that they will be worth $299, but it is certainly reasonable to consider it a possibility. Also, you can't conclude that the M-100 is not "worth that" just because another headphone that you like is priced a little bit lower. Worth is not calculated relative to other models of headphones. Value, maybe. Worth is calculated based on an individuals willingness to pay for something, or on the cost of the raw materials and labor required to build something. It is clear that you have already concluded that this headphone is not worth much to you. Given that you likely have not heard one yet, this just makes you look like a fool. Overall, I would say that an audiophile-leaning, presumably well-made circumaural headphone priced at $299 is on the lower end of what most would consider the average price.
- V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › new member and want learn more knowledge about headphones and get... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Blue Announces Ella, Sadie and Satellite Headphones @ CES 2017 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 5 minutes ago
- › Meridian Sale and the Tchaik6! 5 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro 7 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 7 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear