It should be a pretty distinctive click, like a relay clicking. If that's not the cause the amp section of the card may be defective. It should also click when you switch between speakers and headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sound quality of Creative SB X-FI Surround 5.1 Pro? Last post on 5/7/14 at 10:40pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sound Blaster Celebrates CanJam London! Exclusive online deals! Last post on 8/28/15 at 4:27pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Exclusive CanJam SoCal Promo Code for Head-Fi.org customers Last post on 4/5/15 at 7:05pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Creative Introduces the E-MU® XM7 High Performance Passive Bookshelf Speakers Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:39pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR - Page 65
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #962 of 32989/8/13 at 1:56pmQuote:
It doesn't click on start-up. It does click when I switch between speaker and headphones
Rollbacking drivers did not working, going to return it tomorrow for a new onepost #963 of 32989/8/13 at 2:08pmpost #964 of 32989/8/13 at 2:12pmI noticed the relay won't click at windows startup untill the driver was fully installed properly and windows restarded... At least for me.
Edit: never mind I saw it didn't help you.
Perhaps a hardware issue after all
Edited by DJINFERNO806 - 9/8/13 at 2:14pmpost #965 of 32989/8/13 at 3:24pmpost #966 of 32989/8/13 at 4:17pmQuote:That external volume controller has nothing to do with the card, it's just cable extension. It's just meant to fine tune the volume and no, you can't mute the source with it. When set to 100% it will sound quieter than without it, when set to 0% it will not mute the source so you will still hear something through it. Why does that even matter?
Edited by Anarion - 9/8/13 at 4:20pmpost #967 of 32989/8/13 at 5:23pm
I'm not expecting it to mute the source, some ext volume controllers I've used before had no sound leakage when dial is turned to minimum. It's kind of annoying when you don't want to hear anything at all; makes it more convenient to use an external DAC/Amp.post #968 of 32989/8/13 at 11:47pm
It's weird though that you still get sound from it, at 0%, but it not being loud enough at 100% at the same time. Were you still wearing youe headphones when you turned them to 0% or how does this fit together?post #969 of 32989/9/13 at 3:49am^^Yep, weird. If one can hear it at 0%, it should be blasting at 100%.Quote:Most keyboard have mute/unmute button so at least for me it's not a big deal (or you can map it to any combo you want... http://www.technixupdate.com/desktop-shortcut-keyboard-hotkey-to-mute-sound/). You can always unplug it from the ACM too. In my case though it is basically muted when I turn it down because I can only use up to 10% in Windows if I want nice range (still means that I can't go above ~66% in ACM though).
Edited by Anarion - 9/9/13 at 3:52ampost #970 of 32989/17/13 at 12:07amHoly crap!
My old Recon3D USB paired with my Q701, I had to run the USB unit almost at max for adequate volume. With my new Recon3D USB and new K712, I had to turn down PC volume to 20% when the headphone was plugged in directly (no double-amping). I barely used the old Recon3D and Q701 without an amp on PC before, mostly on Xbox 360, but USB is USB, it should have sounded just as loud before, right?!post #971 of 32989/17/13 at 4:01ampost #972 of 32989/17/13 at 9:07ampost #973 of 32989/17/13 at 9:19amLol I had the same experience Skipshrike.
DJINFERNO, maybe the sensitivity is higher? I believe the Ohms have stayed the same 62, though now it behaves more like I'd expect a 62 ohm headphone to be like. Was listening straight out from my iPod Video (2005) last night, only needed like 45-47% volume setting.post #974 of 32989/17/13 at 9:27amLol ya I was implying the sensitivity too. Not just the ohms. This headphone line is notorious for being picky with equipment. I know they went ahead and tuned the new drivers to be 3db more sensitive or something I believe. Perhaps that's it.post #975 of 32989/17/13 at 10:08am
It does not sound as great through the Astro Mixamp. The positioning is alright (DDL), but it just felt so sterile and analytical. I heard everything, but it didn't wow me with musical quality. Unlike on PC where getting absolutely murdered in BF3 (haven't played in some weeks) never sounded so good!
The Sound Blaster Z lives up to a review I read: The Z is more than enough for gaming and is great for music as a secondary function.
- Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 10 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 36 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 39 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 57 seconds ago
- › World's Only 4 Headphone Display Stand- $100 1 minute ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Review by mark2410 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 2 minutes ago
- › [Chord Mojo vs Ifi micro iDSD vs Centrance m8 vs "?"(feel free to... 2 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear