It should be a pretty distinctive click, like a relay clicking. If that's not the cause the amp section of the card may be defective. It should also click when you switch between speakers and headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sound quality of Creative SB X-FI Surround 5.1 Pro? Last post on 5/7/14 at 10:40pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sound Blaster Celebrates CanJam London! Exclusive online deals! Last post on 8/28/15 at 4:27pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Exclusive CanJam SoCal Promo Code for Head-Fi.org customers Last post on 4/5/15 at 7:05pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Creative Introduces the E-MU® XM7 High Performance Passive Bookshelf Speakers Last post on 2/23/17 at 7:33pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
I had the privilege of giving a listen to these beauties through work, and let me tell you, I'm thankful for it. I'll go through the gamut on this and tell you about packaging, comfort, sound,...
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR - Page 65
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #962 of 33919/8/13 at 1:56pmQuote:
It doesn't click on start-up. It does click when I switch between speaker and headphones
Rollbacking drivers did not working, going to return it tomorrow for a new onepost #963 of 33919/8/13 at 2:08pmpost #964 of 33919/8/13 at 2:12pmI noticed the relay won't click at windows startup untill the driver was fully installed properly and windows restarded... At least for me.
Edit: never mind I saw it didn't help you.
Perhaps a hardware issue after all
Edited by DJINFERNO806 - 9/8/13 at 2:14pmpost #965 of 33919/8/13 at 3:24pmpost #966 of 33919/8/13 at 4:17pmQuote:That external volume controller has nothing to do with the card, it's just cable extension. It's just meant to fine tune the volume and no, you can't mute the source with it. When set to 100% it will sound quieter than without it, when set to 0% it will not mute the source so you will still hear something through it. Why does that even matter?
Edited by Anarion - 9/8/13 at 4:20pmpost #967 of 33919/8/13 at 5:23pm
I'm not expecting it to mute the source, some ext volume controllers I've used before had no sound leakage when dial is turned to minimum. It's kind of annoying when you don't want to hear anything at all; makes it more convenient to use an external DAC/Amp.post #968 of 33919/8/13 at 11:47pm
It's weird though that you still get sound from it, at 0%, but it not being loud enough at 100% at the same time. Were you still wearing youe headphones when you turned them to 0% or how does this fit together?post #969 of 33919/9/13 at 3:49am^^Yep, weird. If one can hear it at 0%, it should be blasting at 100%.Quote:Most keyboard have mute/unmute button so at least for me it's not a big deal (or you can map it to any combo you want... http://www.technixupdate.com/desktop-shortcut-keyboard-hotkey-to-mute-sound/). You can always unplug it from the ACM too. In my case though it is basically muted when I turn it down because I can only use up to 10% in Windows if I want nice range (still means that I can't go above ~66% in ACM though).
Edited by Anarion - 9/9/13 at 3:52ampost #970 of 33919/17/13 at 12:07amHoly crap!
My old Recon3D USB paired with my Q701, I had to run the USB unit almost at max for adequate volume. With my new Recon3D USB and new K712, I had to turn down PC volume to 20% when the headphone was plugged in directly (no double-amping). I barely used the old Recon3D and Q701 without an amp on PC before, mostly on Xbox 360, but USB is USB, it should have sounded just as loud before, right?!post #971 of 33919/17/13 at 4:01ampost #972 of 33919/17/13 at 9:07ampost #973 of 33919/17/13 at 9:19amLol I had the same experience Skipshrike.
DJINFERNO, maybe the sensitivity is higher? I believe the Ohms have stayed the same 62, though now it behaves more like I'd expect a 62 ohm headphone to be like. Was listening straight out from my iPod Video (2005) last night, only needed like 45-47% volume setting.post #974 of 33919/17/13 at 9:27amLol ya I was implying the sensitivity too. Not just the ohms. This headphone line is notorious for being picky with equipment. I know they went ahead and tuned the new drivers to be 3db more sensitive or something I believe. Perhaps that's it.post #975 of 33919/17/13 at 10:08am
It does not sound as great through the Astro Mixamp. The positioning is alright (DDL), but it just felt so sterile and analytical. I heard everything, but it didn't wow me with musical quality. Unlike on PC where getting absolutely murdered in BF3 (haven't played in some weeks) never sounded so good!
The Sound Blaster Z lives up to a review I read: The Z is more than enough for gaming and is great for music as a secondary function.
- Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Music Game IX 23 seconds ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Hello, I'm new here. 3 minutes ago
- › good sounding Spotify device without breaking the bank 3 minutes ago
- › Optimal Linux Output --> Schiit DAC for music listening? 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear