- 530 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sound quality of Creative SB X-FI Surround 5.1 Pro? Last post on 5/7/14 at 10:40pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sound Blaster Celebrates CanJam London! Exclusive online deals! Last post on 8/28/15 at 4:27pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Exclusive CanJam SoCal Promo Code for Head-Fi.org customers Last post on 4/5/15 at 7:05pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Creative Introduces the E-MU® XM7 High Performance Passive Bookshelf Speakers Last post on 2/23/17 at 7:33pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
This has been called beats for audiophiles. It has great sound, is neutral and detailed, but they are glossy and fairly fashionable. In general, I like a V shape and listen to hardcore, metal,...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR - Page 109post #1621 of 34011/11/14 at 7:09amThat's a common complaint with the z and flash content. I thought they had fixed it.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1622 of 34011/11/14 at 8:53amCrystalizer doesn't seem to be that bad if SBX is on.
I do think that these headphones sound better through line out though. It's a shame that it's not possible to select headphone mode for line out.
Edited by Anarion - 1/11/14 at 10:54ampost #1623 of 34011/12/14 at 7:19pm
I am waiting for a new pair of X1's to arrive so that I can test the Titanium HD and ZxR out. I'm sort of suspicious the TiHD is more pinpoint accurate.
When I switched between SBX and Scout mode on the ZxR, Scout Mode seemed too loud in terms of range to target, so it (Gun fire) sounded closer than it actually was and the SBX felt better in terms of volume to target, but sort of mushy vague.
Clear as mud, it's going to be interesting.
Waynepost #1624 of 34011/14/14 at 2:30am
I bought the Soundblaster Z today, great little card for 60$. Headphone output sounds surprisingly good so far with my Audio-Technicas. I will use the SBZ as a source for the Vali.post #1625 of 34011/14/14 at 3:10amQuote:
Let us know how the headphone out to vali chain sounds. I'm curious as to how loud it gets.post #1626 of 34011/14/14 at 11:42pmSo I did some in depth testing with optical out to my reciever.
These conclusions are valid for both the z and zxr as I owned both.
Some info for some of you first.
Dolby live only supports 16/48 max and DTS connect supports 24/48 max.
So setting it higher(in both speaker or spdif devices) may result in the sbz downmixing to DTS or DD specs anyways when it sends the bitstream.
This is where I did my testing. My reciever displays the stream frequency and bit rate on my TV as an OSD.
As it turns out, when in DD or DTS encoding mode, the frequency and bitrate in windows don't matter. The
Encoder specifies its own max rates and frequencies as per the dolby and DTS max specs I listed above. So as long as your receiver supports DTS or DD, it should receive the signal and it gets decoded as usual.
The frequency and rate on windows only matters in stereo regular mode. Meaning without encoding on. When using either the speaker or spdif devices.
What also matters is whether you set headphone or 5.1 speaker mode. To get all 5 channels you need to set 5.1 speaker mode in the sbz panel. This one seems obvious however you wouldn't believe the amount of people I hear complain and then it turns out this was the reason.
Also there is quite a bit of delay for both encoding methods. I estimate roughly 100ms of delay which is bad for gaming and very unimmersive. Effectively making the z terrible for 5.1 gaming through optical to speakers.
Basically unusable. Stereo with sbx surround on is the only way to go realistically.
Edited by DJINFERNO806 - 1/15/14 at 2:50ampost #1627 of 34011/15/14 at 1:08ampost #1628 of 34011/15/14 at 1:17amYa exact same testing with the same results.
Only thing is I wanted to wait to put these results out until I had both. But i wasn't expecting a change in results since they both use the same DSP chip.
From what I am hearing DD live and DTS algorithms are responsible for the delay and no matter what spu you have it will be the same delay. Creative reps confirmed this over on their support forums years ago apparently.
I would like to hear from x-fi owners too if they get a delay as well? It seems 50/50 of owners experience this. Might just be some people aren't very perceptive to this delay similar to them not noticing above 60 fps. Lag can be subjective depending on how your brain processes what it sees and hears.
Edited by DJINFERNO806 - 1/15/14 at 2:54ampost #1629 of 34011/15/14 at 1:58ampost #1630 of 34011/15/14 at 4:35amQuote:I ended up reinstalling windows 8.1 pro from scratch directly from 8.1 pro iso, I don't have that issue any more (I had corrupted W8 pro install before upgrading to W8.1 pro thanks to faulty memory so it was about time to do the reinstall).
Edited by Anarion - 1/15/14 at 4:36ampost #1631 of 34011/15/14 at 4:36amQuote:
I never did however a lot of people did apparently.
Glad your z is behaving itself now.post #1632 of 34011/15/14 at 5:41ampost #1633 of 34011/15/14 at 5:45amQuote:
Lol no no I edited that later because you mentioned it. I figured that it would be best to mention that lol.
Your eyesight is still finepost #1634 of 34011/15/14 at 6:04am
- Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Building my own 2.1 system. 19 seconds ago
- › What hardware do I need to access TIDAL's music streaming service? 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 6 minutes ago
- › New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+ 6 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear