Thanks for the recommendation, someone else recommended them here as well but i'll keep looking around. I also dont have the widest range of audio brands here as well.
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/15/13
- productMonster Inspirationtagged by nightmancometh, 11/15/13
- productSOL Republic Tracks HDtagged by nightmancometh, 11/15/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a fashionable sub $200 bass-heavy/fun portable headphones? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW 2013 Beats Studios... Last post on 12/2/13 at 7:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350, UE9000, Beats Studio (2013)... Last post on Yesterday at 7:43 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphone help!!!! Last post on 4/22/13 at 12:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which headphones matches my requrements? Last post on 3/30/13 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
SOL Republic Tracks HD or Monster Inspiration or Beats Studio HD? - Page 4post #46 of 5010/14/12 at 12:53amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 5010/14/12 at 8:31pmQuote:
you can buy any headphone you want from amazon.post #48 of 5010/15/12 at 2:38amQuote:Originally Posted by gshadow
I'm a pretty noob head-fier and just started getting into the world of audio and just wondering out of these 3 headphones, which ones should I get?:
- Monster Inspiration (also considered the Purities)
- SOL Republic Tracks HD
- Beats Studio HD
I know i've read everywhere that these headphones might be a full of crap/ overpriced headphones and that there are better ones such as Shures or Klipsch etc. but i really just want good looking headphones, with nice and clear lows, mids and high with a punchy bass, but not too overpowering. Since I'm quite limited by choice as well in NZ, these are the ones that I'm interested in. Any advice?
Here are my two cents worth after using the Monster Inspiration for about a month.. I initially wanted the v moda m100s but i dont regret getting the monsters. I wanted a really fun sounding pair of cans and this is really awesome for modern genres of music ( rnb, hip-hop,pop,rock,dub step, i dont listen to jazetc..) PLUS i think it looks fantabulous !!! I can post picts of them if you want :))
Source. Sansa Clip Plus
Amp. Fiio e11
Base of comparison. SENNHEISER HD 25-1-II (Adidas)
Sound Signature (NOISE CANCELLING OFF with amp).
Great bass and good treble with a better sound stage than the hd 25 and good separation of instruments. The mids are not as bad as the other beats models like the solos and hds and even the pros but not as forward as the hd 25s. Overall this is geared towards modern music... Pop, rnb hip-hop, drum and bass, rock, dubstep. etc...
Since i have the very balanced hd 25s i wanted something that was fun sounding with good base emphasis and this do not disappoint. With an amp the headphones vibrate and its like a sub woofer next to your ear all without sounding too muddy or drowning out the mids too much. The highs are very well defined. Even though you don't need an amp to drive these cans, i belief its really awesome with an amp. In fact most cans are really much better with a good amp for those who are serious about their music.
Noise Cancelling on.
Noise cancelling is mediocre at best. Compared with Bose. But it does work and it does cancel out some ambient noise. The over-ear ear cups also provides good passive isolation so overall in total its quite effective at blocking out ambient noise just don't expect all sound to disappear though. The noise cancelling feature also acts as a bass and volume booster. But the best thing with these cans are that you have the choice to switch it on and off and still use them without batteries unlike the bose and the studios.
Sound Leakage and sound isolation.
As mentioned before sound isolation is above average. With noise cancellation switched on its slightly better then the hd 25s which are known for effective passive noise cancellation. Sound leakage is another matter though as its worse than the hd 25s. It does leak some sound so taking it to the library and blasting the music is not such a good idea.
Comfort & Built.
This depends on the size of your ears. Mine just fits. The ear pad cushions are really soft and feels great. Clamping force of these headphones depending on the size of your head can be fairly tight to moderately tight.But nowhere as bad as the mixrs and much more comfortable than the solos and hds. Although my ears do not rest on the speaker grill the outer ear does come in contact with the cushions and can be uncomfortable after a couple of hours. You have to get the right fit with these things. I wish they were a little bigger. Another thing though are these cans seem well built to me but you do feel its weight on your head. They aren't the lightest pair.
I bought mine "used like new" from Amazon warehouse for about 250 and for that price its worth it.
Foldable to a compact size
Might be uncomfortable for those with big heads and big ear lobes.Its comfy if you can find the right fit or have small ear lobes..
Hope it helps
Cheerspost #49 of 5011/28/12 at 10:16pm
Anyone have any idea how these compare to something like the Sennheiser Momentum? I've been researching for a while and was pretty set on the Momentum's but I'm a bit interested in these. I think I may end up with the Momentum's either way but I was just curious to know what you guys thought...or for those of you that have heard them both your insight would be greatly appreciated. I am by no means a bass head so if these things are similar to the beats then I think i'll pass on these.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SOL Republic Tracks HD or Monster Inspiration or Beats Studio HD?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › OCCUPY HI-FI - about Head-Fi (in relation to High End Audio) -... 1 second ago
- › $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be... 9 seconds ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 9 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 30 seconds ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E7 Amp/Dac + E9 Amp Dock Combo 2 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Winter 2014 AAMML Holiday Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi