Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/2/15 at 12:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Debating: Philips Fidelio L1 vs L2 vs X1 Last post on 7/10/14 at 6:10am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 64
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 54662/23/13 at 4:12ampost #948 of 54662/23/13 at 5:33ampost #949 of 54662/23/13 at 3:01pm
I am enjoying the sound signature of the Fidelio X1 a lot more, I'm not a basshead by any means, but the HD 598 was just too light on the lower end for me. The Fidelio X1 has just the right amount to my ears, the lower end is more comparable with the Beyerdynamic T-50p I have, but the mid range is still very clear and not nearly as recessed as on the Beyers. Soundstage is also very good, been listening to them for about 9 hours now, and so far I'm incredibly happy with them.post #950 of 54662/24/13 at 3:52pm
I agree, in this price range the X1 are a great value. Been using mine for 3 months and haven't touched my Ultrasone Pro 2900 even once during that time
Edited by AykDaddy - 2/24/13 at 3:53pmpost #951 of 54662/25/13 at 9:36ampost #952 of 54662/25/13 at 11:10ampost #953 of 54662/25/13 at 12:04pmpost #954 of 54662/25/13 at 6:09pmpost #955 of 54662/25/13 at 7:41pmpost #956 of 54662/28/13 at 2:25ampost #957 of 54662/28/13 at 2:29ampost #958 of 54662/28/13 at 2:48amQuote:
So now after some burn in which ones are getting more head time X1s or Annies?post #959 of 54662/28/13 at 7:48ampost #960 of 54662/28/13 at 8:31amQuote:
Well, I have been travelling a bit over the past two weeks due to work but have also managed to listen to all three of my headphones in combination with the sound cards. I would say 7/10 times I am grabbing the AKG's to use with the Creative X-Fi Titanium HD. However, the Philips X1 with the Xonar ST is not a bad combo at all either. The Beyerdynamic's are so obviously outclassed by the other two that I don't even have them out of their case anymore and they are being prepared for Ebay.
I'm working on that huge extensive review and hopefully it will be up on here for everyone to get detailed impressions of all three headphones and the different combinations.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Room feel 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › HM-901 8 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2