Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 45

post #661 of 4287
Meh, I hope that comes down a bit fairly quickly. $300-350 seems fair given the initial impressions but $400 might be pushing it. At that price point it's up against stuff like the HE-400, HD 650, etc.
post #662 of 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse View Post

Meh, I hope that comes down a bit fairly quickly. $300-350 seems fair given the initial impressions but $400 might be pushing it. At that price point it's up against stuff like the HE-400, HD 650, etc.

 

and? it's in the same league.. minus the non removable ear pad design

post #663 of 4287
Took delivery of my X1s last night. Loving the sound from initial tests. Also took delivery of dragonfly DAC. But prefer the sound without the DAC, which leaves me with a bit of a quandary. More testing required today in office / commuting use. Actually scrub that. You can't use the X1 on a train carriage unless your the only passenger!
post #664 of 4287

I know this is a X1 thread but since L1 and X1 have same type of pads I'll just shoot here.

The earpads on my one-month-old L1 look old and worn, is it normal? Are there replacements pads available? 

 

 

Edit: Oops it seems they use different pads. But still hope if anyone can help me out


Edited by syryanyang - 1/9/13 at 1:16am
post #665 of 4287
Yeah, those pads are definitely different. The X1's use velour memory foam pads.
post #666 of 4287

I canceled my order at amazon.it They haven't sent it after more then 10 days. So I paid 239 euro's now at a dutch webshop where the stocks were finaly up. + there is a cashback action from philips till the 15th. I should have them by then. That will save me 50 euro's.

Still cheap that way but I really hope they finaly ship my headphone. I'm getting desperate here :O

post #667 of 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCheese View Post

I canceled my order at amazon.it They haven't sent it after more then 10 days. So I paid 239 euro's now at a dutch webshop where the stocks were finaly up. + there is a cashback action from philips till the 15th. I should have them by then. That will save me 50 euro's.
Still cheap that way but I really hope they finaly ship my headphone. I'm getting desperate here :O

It will be worth the wait man, no doubt. These are some serious audiophile-grade cans with a fun (= bassy) sound signature for just about 200ish euros. The sound separation is phenomenal. At this price point this is a steal. Selling my Ultrasone Pro 2900 (bought them for 400 Euro) because I like the X1s waaaaaay more.
post #668 of 4287

Nice!

 

The most important thing on a headphone is seperation and non harsh trebles.

I love bass.

So these should be very awesome heaphones. I really really wonder how they sound. Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow the wait is over! Finaly lol.

post #669 of 4287
 
 
 

Yes, definitely worth the wait!

Very comfortable, light on the head. The materials are great! Feels as good as you would expect for the price (msrp)!

Acuostic stuff sounds great, but I'm yet to find anything that doesn't sound good.

Voices are really engaging, I love it!

The bass is very nice, just like everything else biggrin.gif

 

- Honestly I've heard a bit of sibilance, but it has calmed down even after the first hour, so I think it won't be a problem. It really occured with only one album though, so that might be the source of the problem.

- The pads smelled a bit bad out of the box, but now it is much better.

 

 

 
post #670 of 4287
 
 
 

OK, the sibilance is there.......other file, other source, other songs....Anybody else experienced it?! I haven't read about it anywhere.

Hopefully it will calm down with burn in...I love everything else...

 

Here is what I listen to in flac, this is only 240p but the sibilance is the same....

 
post #671 of 4287

The S sounds sharp to me too. It's not hurting my ears but i'm wearing the hd518. (sounds like hd650) 

If I would have worn any other headphone i wouldn't be able to listen to this. ;)

 

So the problem is probably in the recording or music style. This kind of music would probably benefit greatly from an boosted treble on low-end audio systems, so they might have recorded it this way on purpose.

post #672 of 4287

Originally Posted by HolyCheese View Post

The S sounds sharp to me too. It's not hurting my ears but i'm wearing the hd518. (sounds like hd650) 

If I would have worn any other headphone i wouldn't be able to listen to this. ;)

 

So the problem is probably in the recording or music style. This kind of music would probably benefit greatly from an boosted treble on low-end audio systems, so they might have recorded it this way on purpose.

Yes there is a chance for that.

We'll see. I'm playing pink noise right now on them for a while - I'm a believer tongue.gif.

post #673 of 4287

They are here! Finaly!

 

I like them :) Altough I expected more bass. Please note that I have only listened to dubstep/hardstyle like music so far. I will watch a tv show with them soon and I will be gaming with them before I listen to high quality music. Pink Floyd and Dire straits etc.

 

 

 

So far they sound very similar to my hd518 but more refined and with less laid back treble. Exactly what I was looking for. From memory they have a better soundstage then the hd600 and 650. I'd place them in between the two regarding frequency response. BUT this isn't reliable since I only had a few listening sessions with the hd600/650. Once I've fully explored this headphone I wil compare the three.

post #674 of 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCheese View Post

beerchug.gif

post #675 of 4287

I inquired in the Schiit Magni/Modi thread about the suitability of the X1/Magni combo and was told that the Magni might be too powerful an amp for the Fidelios.

Still, the Magni does have a very low output impedance (stated as less than 0.1 Ohms) so wouldn't that kind of balance out the "excess" wattage? The Magni can supply 1.2W into 32 Ohms, the X1 being 30 Ohms. I'd like to have an affordable amp that goes well with the X1 and also allows some possible more power hungry cans in the future.

The synergies between different spec amps and headphones with different sensitivities/current requirements/etc are a bit unclear to me... Can a high power amplifier really be too powerful for a given headphone even if the output impedance is low?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1