Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 44
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 50571/6/13 at 5:30pmpost #648 of 50571/6/13 at 6:29pm
A brief comparison against the HE-400
The X1 has bigger bass. Both capable of reaching sub-bass but it's more abundant on the X1. Neither phone has too much mid-bass emphasis. The 400's bass very tight and precise in comparison. I don't find the X1's bass muddy or too boomy though.
The midrange is actually pretty close. I honestly can't tell which one is more upfront. Both sound very good but I would give the edge to the X1 for being slightly less aggressive sounding.
The treble and overall clarity goes to the 400. I can hear more details with the 400 and instrument separation is better on the 400. Speed and attack are much better on the 400 as well.
The X1 is the smoother and less fatiguing phone of the two. I don't feel the 400 is fatiguing at all but it's just more of a relaxing listen on the X1, but it's not at all like the L1's laid-back sound.
When it comes to soundstage, it seems the the X1 is wider but I hear a little more depth on the 400. Both have good stage though since they are open cans.
They both leak a lot of sound.post #649 of 50571/6/13 at 8:57pmpost #650 of 50571/7/13 at 12:29pm
Thanks for the comparison! You just answered a bunch of my questions. It seems like you'd say the X1 holds it's own against the HE400, that sound about right?post #651 of 50571/7/13 at 1:23pmI think the X1 holds its own against the HE400 very well. I even listened to the HE500's afterwards and though the X1 was still very good comparing to those as well.
I prefer the X1 with more electronica music because of the bigger bass but they sound good with everything else too. It doesn't lack in the mids and highs so its a decent all rounder. It's definitely not a neutral phone. Then again neither is the other two.
I think the HE400 is another good one for all kinds of genres but this one will definitely be more precise to the music being played and reveal more flaws as well.
I remember having the HD650 awhile back and really liked it, but it just never immersed me to the music like the X1 does. I think Philips hit one out of the park with the design, build, comfort and most importantly the sound with the X1.post #652 of 50571/7/13 at 1:30pm
For North American fellow Head-fiers: I just read an Engaget report from CES showing the new Philips' Fidelio line, including headphones, there it says the X1 will be available THIS month for $250.
- "Of course, Phillips wouldn't forget headphones, and two models stood out to us the most. First up, the X1 is it's latest set of audiophile cans. These open-backed cans feature 50mm drivers and over-ear design, all of which are essentially par the course for this category. While we weren't able to asses the audio quality, we were pleased to find that the depth inside of the earcups is plentiful. This meant nothing was pushing against our ears, negating any fears of cartilage cramps for long listening sessions. You can expect to pay $250 for 'em when they're available this month."
Hope it is true. Here: http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/07/philips-fidelio-ces-audio-lineup/
Good luck and good year to everyone.
Ricardo 'The Headphone Fakir'
Edited by rixlbg - 1/7/13 at 1:51pmpost #653 of 50571/7/13 at 1:47pm
Hm, you make the waiting even more unbearable for me
Thanks for sharing!
That will be a great price! The same as the latest on amazon.it
Edited by attika89 - 1/7/13 at 1:56pmpost #654 of 50571/7/13 at 2:41pmpost #655 of 50571/7/13 at 3:39pm
Finally we see a resonable price for a very good sounding HP!
On a side note, I really like the looks of the new headphones, "The Crash". I'm wondering how they compare to the X1s... Maybe they'll sound like an L1 w/ closed-back design (i.e., a more bassier, V-shaped sound 'phone)? They even have a similar detachable cable.post #656 of 50571/7/13 at 3:59pmpost #657 of 50571/7/13 at 9:32pmQuote:
Thanks for finding that fantastic news! Looking forward to see them at the stores.post #658 of 50571/8/13 at 4:48pm
Hi there - I work with Philips in the US and just wanted to clarify - the Fidelio X1s are being shown here this week at CES and will be available later this month in the US. The suggested retail is $399. Hope this helps, look forward to hearing what you think.post #659 of 50571/8/13 at 4:58pmQuote:
That sounds right. Perhaps Engadget was misinformed or had a typo. Wouldn't make sense for it to be cheaper than the L1.
Darn.post #660 of 50571/8/13 at 5:27pmQuote:
You can keep 'em then
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FLAC Collection + PC + Burson Conductor SL + SENN HD650 best way to... 1 second ago
- › SIDY DM3 27 seconds ago
- › Durable IEM upgrade? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 1 minute ago
- › When can I create threads in other forum categories? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Audio conversion of FLAC & ALAC files 3 minutes ago
- › Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Indonesia gold mine for social networking
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3