Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 44
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 57441/6/13 at 5:30pmpost #648 of 57441/6/13 at 6:29pm
A brief comparison against the HE-400
The X1 has bigger bass. Both capable of reaching sub-bass but it's more abundant on the X1. Neither phone has too much mid-bass emphasis. The 400's bass very tight and precise in comparison. I don't find the X1's bass muddy or too boomy though.
The midrange is actually pretty close. I honestly can't tell which one is more upfront. Both sound very good but I would give the edge to the X1 for being slightly less aggressive sounding.
The treble and overall clarity goes to the 400. I can hear more details with the 400 and instrument separation is better on the 400. Speed and attack are much better on the 400 as well.
The X1 is the smoother and less fatiguing phone of the two. I don't feel the 400 is fatiguing at all but it's just more of a relaxing listen on the X1, but it's not at all like the L1's laid-back sound.
When it comes to soundstage, it seems the the X1 is wider but I hear a little more depth on the 400. Both have good stage though since they are open cans.
They both leak a lot of sound.post #649 of 57441/6/13 at 8:57pmpost #650 of 57441/7/13 at 12:29pm
Thanks for the comparison! You just answered a bunch of my questions. It seems like you'd say the X1 holds it's own against the HE400, that sound about right?post #651 of 57441/7/13 at 1:23pmI think the X1 holds its own against the HE400 very well. I even listened to the HE500's afterwards and though the X1 was still very good comparing to those as well.
I prefer the X1 with more electronica music because of the bigger bass but they sound good with everything else too. It doesn't lack in the mids and highs so its a decent all rounder. It's definitely not a neutral phone. Then again neither is the other two.
I think the HE400 is another good one for all kinds of genres but this one will definitely be more precise to the music being played and reveal more flaws as well.
I remember having the HD650 awhile back and really liked it, but it just never immersed me to the music like the X1 does. I think Philips hit one out of the park with the design, build, comfort and most importantly the sound with the X1.post #652 of 57441/7/13 at 1:30pm
For North American fellow Head-fiers: I just read an Engaget report from CES showing the new Philips' Fidelio line, including headphones, there it says the X1 will be available THIS month for $250.
- "Of course, Phillips wouldn't forget headphones, and two models stood out to us the most. First up, the X1 is it's latest set of audiophile cans. These open-backed cans feature 50mm drivers and over-ear design, all of which are essentially par the course for this category. While we weren't able to asses the audio quality, we were pleased to find that the depth inside of the earcups is plentiful. This meant nothing was pushing against our ears, negating any fears of cartilage cramps for long listening sessions. You can expect to pay $250 for 'em when they're available this month."
Hope it is true. Here: http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/07/philips-fidelio-ces-audio-lineup/
Good luck and good year to everyone.
Ricardo 'The Headphone Fakir'
Edited by rixlbg - 1/7/13 at 1:51pmpost #653 of 57441/7/13 at 1:47pm
Hm, you make the waiting even more unbearable for me
Thanks for sharing!
That will be a great price! The same as the latest on amazon.it
Edited by attika89 - 1/7/13 at 1:56pmpost #654 of 57441/7/13 at 2:41pmpost #655 of 57441/7/13 at 3:39pm
Finally we see a resonable price for a very good sounding HP!
On a side note, I really like the looks of the new headphones, "The Crash". I'm wondering how they compare to the X1s... Maybe they'll sound like an L1 w/ closed-back design (i.e., a more bassier, V-shaped sound 'phone)? They even have a similar detachable cable.post #656 of 57441/7/13 at 3:59pmpost #657 of 57441/7/13 at 9:32pmQuote:
Thanks for finding that fantastic news! Looking forward to see them at the stores.post #658 of 57441/8/13 at 4:48pm
Hi there - I work with Philips in the US and just wanted to clarify - the Fidelio X1s are being shown here this week at CES and will be available later this month in the US. The suggested retail is $399. Hope this helps, look forward to hearing what you think.post #659 of 57441/8/13 at 4:58pmQuote:
That sounds right. Perhaps Engadget was misinformed or had a typo. Wouldn't make sense for it to be cheaper than the L1.
Darn.post #660 of 57441/8/13 at 5:27pmQuote:
You can keep 'em then
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12 Review 58 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › Bug head emperor player - audiophile player from Japan 5 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...