Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 44
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 48381/6/13 at 5:30pmpost #648 of 48381/6/13 at 6:29pm
A brief comparison against the HE-400
The X1 has bigger bass. Both capable of reaching sub-bass but it's more abundant on the X1. Neither phone has too much mid-bass emphasis. The 400's bass very tight and precise in comparison. I don't find the X1's bass muddy or too boomy though.
The midrange is actually pretty close. I honestly can't tell which one is more upfront. Both sound very good but I would give the edge to the X1 for being slightly less aggressive sounding.
The treble and overall clarity goes to the 400. I can hear more details with the 400 and instrument separation is better on the 400. Speed and attack are much better on the 400 as well.
The X1 is the smoother and less fatiguing phone of the two. I don't feel the 400 is fatiguing at all but it's just more of a relaxing listen on the X1, but it's not at all like the L1's laid-back sound.
When it comes to soundstage, it seems the the X1 is wider but I hear a little more depth on the 400. Both have good stage though since they are open cans.
They both leak a lot of sound.post #649 of 48381/6/13 at 8:57pmpost #650 of 48381/7/13 at 12:29pm
Thanks for the comparison! You just answered a bunch of my questions. It seems like you'd say the X1 holds it's own against the HE400, that sound about right?post #651 of 48381/7/13 at 1:23pmI think the X1 holds its own against the HE400 very well. I even listened to the HE500's afterwards and though the X1 was still very good comparing to those as well.
I prefer the X1 with more electronica music because of the bigger bass but they sound good with everything else too. It doesn't lack in the mids and highs so its a decent all rounder. It's definitely not a neutral phone. Then again neither is the other two.
I think the HE400 is another good one for all kinds of genres but this one will definitely be more precise to the music being played and reveal more flaws as well.
I remember having the HD650 awhile back and really liked it, but it just never immersed me to the music like the X1 does. I think Philips hit one out of the park with the design, build, comfort and most importantly the sound with the X1.post #652 of 48381/7/13 at 1:30pm
For North American fellow Head-fiers: I just read an Engaget report from CES showing the new Philips' Fidelio line, including headphones, there it says the X1 will be available THIS month for $250.
- "Of course, Phillips wouldn't forget headphones, and two models stood out to us the most. First up, the X1 is it's latest set of audiophile cans. These open-backed cans feature 50mm drivers and over-ear design, all of which are essentially par the course for this category. While we weren't able to asses the audio quality, we were pleased to find that the depth inside of the earcups is plentiful. This meant nothing was pushing against our ears, negating any fears of cartilage cramps for long listening sessions. You can expect to pay $250 for 'em when they're available this month."
Hope it is true. Here: http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/07/philips-fidelio-ces-audio-lineup/
Good luck and good year to everyone.
Ricardo 'The Headphone Fakir'
Edited by rixlbg - 1/7/13 at 1:51pmpost #653 of 48381/7/13 at 1:47pm
Hm, you make the waiting even more unbearable for me
Thanks for sharing!
That will be a great price! The same as the latest on amazon.it
Edited by attika89 - 1/7/13 at 1:56pmpost #654 of 48381/7/13 at 2:41pmpost #655 of 48381/7/13 at 3:39pm
Finally we see a resonable price for a very good sounding HP!
On a side note, I really like the looks of the new headphones, "The Crash". I'm wondering how they compare to the X1s... Maybe they'll sound like an L1 w/ closed-back design (i.e., a more bassier, V-shaped sound 'phone)? They even have a similar detachable cable.post #656 of 48381/7/13 at 3:59pmpost #657 of 48381/7/13 at 9:32pmQuote:
Thanks for finding that fantastic news! Looking forward to see them at the stores.post #658 of 48381/8/13 at 4:48pm
Hi there - I work with Philips in the US and just wanted to clarify - the Fidelio X1s are being shown here this week at CES and will be available later this month in the US. The suggested retail is $399. Hope this helps, look forward to hearing what you think.post #659 of 48381/8/13 at 4:58pmQuote:
That sounds right. Perhaps Engadget was misinformed or had a typo. Wouldn't make sense for it to be cheaper than the L1.
Darn.post #660 of 48381/8/13 at 5:27pmQuote:
You can keep 'em then
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Xonar DSX - surroud through optical out help 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 3 minutes ago
- › Who else here is excited for the new Borderlands titles? 3 minutes ago
- › Alessandro Music Series MS PRO FAN CLUB! 3 minutes ago
- › Review: InEar StageDiver Series 4 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)