These look great, I'd like to try a pair (and the L1s as well). If they're at least somewhat bassy I'm interested.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 5/8/13 at 4:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 8/12/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 5post #61 of 13159/3/12 at 5:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 13159/3/12 at 5:40pmpost #63 of 13159/3/12 at 7:41pmThread StarterQuote:
If the L1's are any indication, it shouldn't be at all as much as the Shure's bass/mid problem area. I should hope not anyway, haha.Quote:
How they measure and how they sound are just two different ways of looking at the same thing. Whether or not different amounts of distortion, or a 5dB boost at 100Hz, or whatever appeals to an individual's personal preferences is the issue you're trying to get at I think.post #64 of 13159/3/12 at 8:16pmpost #65 of 13159/3/12 at 9:07pm
This line makes me think it's a hint that it's probably brighter than L1:Quote:
To make sure the treble remains true to the artist’s rendition, a specially tuned diaphragm profile is incorporated ensuring not a single note will be missed.post #66 of 13159/3/12 at 10:34pmpost #67 of 13159/4/12 at 10:57amQuote:
Well, I auditioned them (the L1) when I was on holiday in Hong Kong, were most larger tech shops had a pair.post #68 of 13159/4/12 at 12:24pm
I mean in the US. You can only get them at the physical Apple store or order them from Apple online. People were saying the L1 would get released to everyone else months ago and it makes me worried about the X1.post #69 of 13159/4/12 at 12:33pmQuote:
I can only offer my condolences. Even amazon sells them in the UK, can you not get them imported?post #70 of 13159/4/12 at 1:46pm
Found this forum through google as I am looking forward to the reviews on these headphones.
For anyone in the UK you can the order the headphones from the Philips UK store at:
For some strange reason I can't actually find it through the Philips shop search engine. Fortunately it was in the google shopping page yesterday. Don't think it is anymore though.
Oh yeah, if you order don't forget there is a 25% off discount voucher code floating about - "Philips2012"
Look forward to the reviews. Am hoping they are as good as they look!post #71 of 13159/4/12 at 3:02pm
This is the first review I've come across:
Not sure what to make of "strong but natural sounding bass", though. I do hope the X1 tones down the overripe bass of the L1.post #72 of 13159/4/12 at 3:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beagle
This is the first review I've come across:
Not sure what to make of "strong but natural sounding bass", though. I do hope the X1 tones down the overripe bass of the L1.
Thanks for posting the review.. too bad the review doesn't say much .. I mean most reviews state the following: "The overall vibe is similar to the L1's slightly warm sound, with strong but natural sounding bass, luscious mids and accurate highs." lol.post #73 of 13159/4/12 at 3:25pmQuote:
This haha, it basicly said nothing about the sound in my mind, it was just a way to fill up the article with words and some hints of the sound rather than nothing at all even if it probably made no sense (well they did listen to an open-back headphone in a noisy environment for starters).post #74 of 13159/4/12 at 4:51pmpost #75 of 13159/4/12 at 7:24pm
I hope these turn out better then the L1. I had high expectation for the L1and was very disappointed. They need better extended high without the overpowering bass. We can only hope but one thing is sure. They look like a million buck!!!!
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 39 seconds ago
- › Reccomendations please 56 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Speaker Owners 4 minutes ago
- › The Gaming Deals Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Relatively cheap headphone measuring kit? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe