These look great, I'd like to try a pair (and the L1s as well). If they're at least somewhat bassy I'm interested.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 56909/3/12 at 5:40pmpost #63 of 56909/3/12 at 7:41pmThread StarterQuote:
If the L1's are any indication, it shouldn't be at all as much as the Shure's bass/mid problem area. I should hope not anyway, haha.Quote:
How they measure and how they sound are just two different ways of looking at the same thing. Whether or not different amounts of distortion, or a 5dB boost at 100Hz, or whatever appeals to an individual's personal preferences is the issue you're trying to get at I think.post #64 of 56909/3/12 at 8:16pmpost #65 of 56909/3/12 at 9:07pm
This line makes me think it's a hint that it's probably brighter than L1:Quote:
To make sure the treble remains true to the artist’s rendition, a specially tuned diaphragm profile is incorporated ensuring not a single note will be missed.post #66 of 56909/3/12 at 10:34pmpost #67 of 56909/4/12 at 10:57amQuote:
Well, I auditioned them (the L1) when I was on holiday in Hong Kong, were most larger tech shops had a pair.post #68 of 56909/4/12 at 12:24pm
I mean in the US. You can only get them at the physical Apple store or order them from Apple online. People were saying the L1 would get released to everyone else months ago and it makes me worried about the X1.post #69 of 56909/4/12 at 12:33pmQuote:
I can only offer my condolences. Even amazon sells them in the UK, can you not get them imported?post #70 of 56909/4/12 at 1:46pm
Found this forum through google as I am looking forward to the reviews on these headphones.
For anyone in the UK you can the order the headphones from the Philips UK store at:
For some strange reason I can't actually find it through the Philips shop search engine. Fortunately it was in the google shopping page yesterday. Don't think it is anymore though.
Oh yeah, if you order don't forget there is a 25% off discount voucher code floating about - "Philips2012"
Look forward to the reviews. Am hoping they are as good as they look!post #71 of 56909/4/12 at 3:02pm
This is the first review I've come across:
Not sure what to make of "strong but natural sounding bass", though. I do hope the X1 tones down the overripe bass of the L1.post #72 of 56909/4/12 at 3:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beagle
This is the first review I've come across:
Not sure what to make of "strong but natural sounding bass", though. I do hope the X1 tones down the overripe bass of the L1.
Thanks for posting the review.. too bad the review doesn't say much .. I mean most reviews state the following: "The overall vibe is similar to the L1's slightly warm sound, with strong but natural sounding bass, luscious mids and accurate highs." lol.post #73 of 56909/4/12 at 3:25pmQuote:
This haha, it basicly said nothing about the sound in my mind, it was just a way to fill up the article with words and some hints of the sound rather than nothing at all even if it probably made no sense (well they did listen to an open-back headphone in a noisy environment for starters).post #74 of 56909/4/12 at 4:51pmpost #75 of 56909/4/12 at 7:24pm
I hope these turn out better then the L1. I had high expectation for the L1and was very disappointed. They need better extended high without the overpowering bass. We can only hope but one thing is sure. They look like a million buck!!!!
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 2015 Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable Player -... 26 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-EW9 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2