These look great, I'd like to try a pair (and the L1s as well). If they're at least somewhat bassy I'm interested.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 8/12/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 43289/3/12 at 5:40pmpost #63 of 43289/3/12 at 7:41pmThread StarterQuote:
If the L1's are any indication, it shouldn't be at all as much as the Shure's bass/mid problem area. I should hope not anyway, haha.Quote:
How they measure and how they sound are just two different ways of looking at the same thing. Whether or not different amounts of distortion, or a 5dB boost at 100Hz, or whatever appeals to an individual's personal preferences is the issue you're trying to get at I think.post #64 of 43289/3/12 at 8:16pmpost #65 of 43289/3/12 at 9:07pm
This line makes me think it's a hint that it's probably brighter than L1:Quote:
To make sure the treble remains true to the artist’s rendition, a specially tuned diaphragm profile is incorporated ensuring not a single note will be missed.post #66 of 43289/3/12 at 10:34pmpost #67 of 43289/4/12 at 10:57amQuote:
Well, I auditioned them (the L1) when I was on holiday in Hong Kong, were most larger tech shops had a pair.post #68 of 43289/4/12 at 12:24pm
I mean in the US. You can only get them at the physical Apple store or order them from Apple online. People were saying the L1 would get released to everyone else months ago and it makes me worried about the X1.post #69 of 43289/4/12 at 12:33pmQuote:
I can only offer my condolences. Even amazon sells them in the UK, can you not get them imported?post #70 of 43289/4/12 at 1:46pm
Found this forum through google as I am looking forward to the reviews on these headphones.
For anyone in the UK you can the order the headphones from the Philips UK store at:
For some strange reason I can't actually find it through the Philips shop search engine. Fortunately it was in the google shopping page yesterday. Don't think it is anymore though.
Oh yeah, if you order don't forget there is a 25% off discount voucher code floating about - "Philips2012"
Look forward to the reviews. Am hoping they are as good as they look!post #71 of 43289/4/12 at 3:02pm
This is the first review I've come across:
Not sure what to make of "strong but natural sounding bass", though. I do hope the X1 tones down the overripe bass of the L1.post #72 of 43289/4/12 at 3:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beagle
This is the first review I've come across:
Not sure what to make of "strong but natural sounding bass", though. I do hope the X1 tones down the overripe bass of the L1.
Thanks for posting the review.. too bad the review doesn't say much .. I mean most reviews state the following: "The overall vibe is similar to the L1's slightly warm sound, with strong but natural sounding bass, luscious mids and accurate highs." lol.post #73 of 43289/4/12 at 3:25pmQuote:
This haha, it basicly said nothing about the sound in my mind, it was just a way to fill up the article with words and some hints of the sound rather than nothing at all even if it probably made no sense (well they did listen to an open-back headphone in a noisy environment for starters).post #74 of 43289/4/12 at 4:51pmpost #75 of 43289/4/12 at 7:24pm
I hope these turn out better then the L1. I had high expectation for the L1and was very disappointed. They need better extended high without the overpowering bass. We can only hope but one thing is sure. They look like a million buck!!!!
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › FOSTEX TH-600 for sale 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 4 minutes ago
- › CanOpener? 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkmans [Cassette/AM/FM]. Models WM-FS420 & WM-AF28 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob