These look great, I'd like to try a pair (and the L1s as well). If they're at least somewhat bassy I'm interested.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 3/2/15 at 12:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Debating: Philips Fidelio L1 vs L2 vs X1 Last post on 7/10/14 at 6:10am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 54499/3/12 at 5:40pmpost #63 of 54499/3/12 at 7:41pmThread StarterQuote:
If the L1's are any indication, it shouldn't be at all as much as the Shure's bass/mid problem area. I should hope not anyway, haha.Quote:
How they measure and how they sound are just two different ways of looking at the same thing. Whether or not different amounts of distortion, or a 5dB boost at 100Hz, or whatever appeals to an individual's personal preferences is the issue you're trying to get at I think.post #64 of 54499/3/12 at 8:16pmpost #65 of 54499/3/12 at 9:07pm
This line makes me think it's a hint that it's probably brighter than L1:Quote:
To make sure the treble remains true to the artist’s rendition, a specially tuned diaphragm profile is incorporated ensuring not a single note will be missed.post #66 of 54499/3/12 at 10:34pmpost #67 of 54499/4/12 at 10:57amQuote:
Well, I auditioned them (the L1) when I was on holiday in Hong Kong, were most larger tech shops had a pair.post #68 of 54499/4/12 at 12:24pm
I mean in the US. You can only get them at the physical Apple store or order them from Apple online. People were saying the L1 would get released to everyone else months ago and it makes me worried about the X1.post #69 of 54499/4/12 at 12:33pmQuote:
I can only offer my condolences. Even amazon sells them in the UK, can you not get them imported?post #70 of 54499/4/12 at 1:46pm
Found this forum through google as I am looking forward to the reviews on these headphones.
For anyone in the UK you can the order the headphones from the Philips UK store at:
For some strange reason I can't actually find it through the Philips shop search engine. Fortunately it was in the google shopping page yesterday. Don't think it is anymore though.
Oh yeah, if you order don't forget there is a 25% off discount voucher code floating about - "Philips2012"
Look forward to the reviews. Am hoping they are as good as they look!post #71 of 54499/4/12 at 3:02pm
This is the first review I've come across:
Not sure what to make of "strong but natural sounding bass", though. I do hope the X1 tones down the overripe bass of the L1.post #72 of 54499/4/12 at 3:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beagle
This is the first review I've come across:
Not sure what to make of "strong but natural sounding bass", though. I do hope the X1 tones down the overripe bass of the L1.
Thanks for posting the review.. too bad the review doesn't say much .. I mean most reviews state the following: "The overall vibe is similar to the L1's slightly warm sound, with strong but natural sounding bass, luscious mids and accurate highs." lol.post #73 of 54499/4/12 at 3:25pmQuote:
This haha, it basicly said nothing about the sound in my mind, it was just a way to fill up the article with words and some hints of the sound rather than nothing at all even if it probably made no sense (well they did listen to an open-back headphone in a noisy environment for starters).post #74 of 54499/4/12 at 4:51pmpost #75 of 54499/4/12 at 7:24pm
I hope these turn out better then the L1. I had high expectation for the L1and was very disappointed. They need better extended high without the overpowering bass. We can only hope but one thing is sure. They look like a million buck!!!!
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster MKII appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 3 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 9 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 10 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 11 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS185 Review by mark2410 13 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 14 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2