Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
INTRO:- Since last year, Fidue a Chinese earphone manufacturer has been raising its head with some hard to look through earphones. They have close to 10-12 earphones but a triple driver...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 380post #5686 of 56938/14/15 at 6:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5687 of 56938/23/15 at 8:15pmpost #5688 of 56938/23/15 at 8:52pm
That REALLY depends. If you like the bass the x1 delivers, then probably not. The closest would be the DT770 (I haven't heard the 880), but I found the x1's a lot more engaging and IMO the HE400 was more thin than I expected. Beyers are pretty bright generally and the X1 is realllllly warm.post #5689 of 56938/24/15 at 3:56am
Having the X1 and the HE-400, the two are quite different and indeed depends on what you like.
The X1 is a warmer sounding headphone, the HE-400 bass is more neutral but extending quite deeper which results in a less warm but deeper and textured bass. I personally like the bass on the HE-400 better.
Comfort is better on the X1. (though not that bad on the HE-400 as some make it to be).
Don't have any Beyers so can't comment on those.post #5690 of 56938/24/15 at 8:40ampost #5691 of 56939/17/15 at 11:36am
To the all the people who say the X1's don't need amping, I say CODSWALLOP!
After not listening to my X1's for a number of months in favour of my m-100's, the other day I decided to give them one more listen to redeem themselves. Ew. No. Still didn't like them.
It's difficult for me to put my finger on, but there was something about the sound that made me always turn it down to a low level. I'd then get bored, turn them up, and again my ears would make my turn them down for some reason. They did seem quite grainy, too. Soundtracks were especially lacking a little something.
I was all set to flog them off, when I just happened to spot a 2nd hand objective2 for £45 for eBay. Don't mind if I do!
It arrived today, and even using a macbook as the source, I'm stunned at how incredible my X1's new sound. To say it's given them a new lease of life is the understatement of the year.
Just buy a half decent amp. Now.
P.S. I ordered a Schiit Modi 2 Uber whilst I was at it. I can't wait for that to arrive!
P.P.S I already have a cheap OTL tube amp, which doesn't sound so great with the X1, and I briefly had an E17, which didn't exactly leave me awe struck, either.
Edited by Torashin - 9/17/15 at 11:41ampost #5692 of 56939/17/15 at 11:32pmpost #5693 of 56939/18/15 at 6:15am@CoiL It 's using the 6N3P & 6N13C tubes. Recently it's been going a bit dodgy, cutting out in one ear and crackling when I change volume. Don't know what's going on there.I'll have to try both amps in series "hybrid amp" style to combine the colouration of the tubes and the low impedance of the O2
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 seconds ago
- › Creative Recon 3d 10$ on Ebay Scam? 6 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 1 minute ago
- › New member roll call 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 4 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 4 minutes ago
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Fostex TE-07 by HiFiChris
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2