Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio L1/M1/X1 or ATH-ESW9 or V-MODA M-100? Last post on 6/5/15 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- seeking recommendations: B&W P5, Philips Fidelio L1 M1, Sennheiser Amperior, Focal Spririt... Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips FIDELIO M1 v Sennheiser HD25-1 II v Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Liquid Dubstep/D&B/House (electronic music) Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 380post #5686 of 56908/14/15 at 6:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5687 of 56908/23/15 at 8:15pmpost #5688 of 56908/23/15 at 8:52pm
That REALLY depends. If you like the bass the x1 delivers, then probably not. The closest would be the DT770 (I haven't heard the 880), but I found the x1's a lot more engaging and IMO the HE400 was more thin than I expected. Beyers are pretty bright generally and the X1 is realllllly warm.post #5689 of 56908/24/15 at 3:56am
Having the X1 and the HE-400, the two are quite different and indeed depends on what you like.
The X1 is a warmer sounding headphone, the HE-400 bass is more neutral but extending quite deeper which results in a less warm but deeper and textured bass. I personally like the bass on the HE-400 better.
Comfort is better on the X1. (though not that bad on the HE-400 as some make it to be).
Don't have any Beyers so can't comment on those.
- [New] Philips Fidelio X1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 44 seconds ago
- › Looking For Sound Advice 52 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers... 5 minutes ago
- › [~100$] What should I replace my Sony MDR-7506 for ? (lacking bass,... 5 minutes ago
- › Budget full-sized wireless headphones for casual gaming & voice... 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 8 minutes ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 8 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2